Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The Obama era reviews were just that the pipeline not happening was not going to help the environment, not that it was good for the US overall.

And yes with the pipeline companies will make more money getting at that oil, but most don't question that the oil WILL get pulled out regardless of the pipeline going through. Not where it will go when it comes out but that someone will pay to get at it eventually. The pipeline will speed it up but the pollution is still going to happen either way. If the US goes to 100% electric vehicles and 100% clean energy we still need oil.
    This notion is contradictory to basic logic. If we need a massively less amount of oil than why would we need some even dirtier oil.

They wanna suck this pond dry before there are enough countries that have laws in place that prevents the usage of such oil. And the value of it plummets.

I see a lot of bs from lobbying energy companies. But not a lot of truth behind their words. The "whatever we don't need the pipeline anyways" argument is flawed from the start. I ain't buying it. At the end of the day these are giant corporations trying to make profits vs people trying to move toward renewable. I see no reasonable benefits in building the pipeline.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 01-22-2021 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Trudeau is royally pissed about this. I assume he had a lot riding on this. I do know the Canadian indigenous communities are happy about it.
    I suppose it's a good thing we don't follow a king or queen. Or I might care if he's royally pissed off.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    This notion is contradictory to basic logic. If we need a massively less amount of oil than why would we need some even dirtier oil.

They wanna suck this pond dry before there are enough countries that have laws in place that prevents the usage of such oil. And the value of it plummets.

I see a lot of bs from lobbying energy companies. But not a lot of truth behind their words. The "whatever we don't need the pipeline anyways" argument is flawed from the start. I ain't buying it. At the end of the day these are giant corporations trying to make profits vs people trying to move toward renewable. I see no reasonable benefits in building the pipeline.
    As oil gets more scarce the value of what is left goes up. Supply and demand. We hope to lower demand but we are not anywhere close to eliminating the demand.

Trudeau is royally pissed about this. I assume he had a lot riding on this. I do know the Canadian indigenous communities are happy about it.
    Trudeau is ULTRA pissed about this. After approving it he went on a big rant about how it'll be beneficial for Canada. All this after running a campaign focussed on helping and respecting Indigenous people in Canada. 2023 is going to suck big time. It's Trudeau or O'Toole. The conservative who wants to privatize our healthcare system. I vote NDP which is the closest thing we have to a 3rd party here in Canada. My local riding was actually NDP on a federal level back in 2011 but they're nowhere near striking distance. It was 2% away from going back to NDP in 2019.

The prairies in Canada are royally ****ed now. Manitoba specifically. Their premier invested over 1 billion in the pipeline. The oil industry was already taking a hit but this is going to decimate it.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 01-22-2021 at 05:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

How do you know? I'm not saying they are not happy about it, I just wonder how you know they are? Or is it someone else speaking for them being happy about it?
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    lmao
    Not sure what point you are making

Probably that your post is laughable.

Actually all three of these sentences are wrong.

Trudeau is not royally pissed, the Alberta premier, constructions unions and indigenous investors are royally pissed about it. Trudeau and his Liberals didn't win one seat in the past election in the oil producing provinces, despite the Liberals buying a pipeline to build to the west coast. They hate him out there. He loses nothing politically there.

There's a massive disconnect between environmentalists and their perception of indigenous people when it comes to oil and gas projects on their territory because they use Standing Rock as a generalization for all indigenous communities.

“Within Alberta, First Nations are pretty closely entrenched with all of the activities occurring with the oil and gas industry. Any change, especially a big change like this, really affects our bands’ ability to keep our people employed.”

The demise of the pipeline means Natural Law Energy, which represents five First Nations in Alberta and Saskatchewan, will no longer be able to make an equity investment of up to $1 billion in Keystone XL, a plan announced by builder TC Energy Corp. in November that was expected to be extended to American Indigenous groups as well.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7594015/k...s-communities/

The Lost Boys of PSD

Trudeau is ULTRA pissed about this. After approving it he went on a big rant about how it'll be beneficial for Canada. All this after running a campaign focussed on helping and respecting Indigenous people in Canada. 2023 is going to suck big time. It's Trudeau or O'Toole. The conservative who wants to privatize our healthcare system. I vote NDP which is the closest thing we have to a 3rd party here in Canada. My local riding was actually NDP on a federal level back in 2011 but they're nowhere near striking distance. It was 2% away from going back to NDP in 2019.

The prairies in Canada are royally ****ed now. Manitoba specifically. Their premier invested over 1 billion in the pipeline. The oil industry was already taking a hit but this is going to decimate it.
    You mean Jason Kenney the premier of Alberta invested $1.5 billion into Keystone XL, with $6 billion in loan guarantees?

It's kind of surreal to see people, especially within Canada, talk like indigenous people are victimized by the oil and gas sector. Maybe they are in the US, but I've said this before, I work in the industry and if you knew the hoops and efforts that go in to consulting, partnering and working with First Nations communities, not to mention the community investments and employment opportunities we provide, I think people would change their mind on the topic. Not to mention these First Nations band together to buy big stakes in a lot of these projects.

The Lost Boys of PSD

I feel you, man. We have been choosing between a turd sandwich or a douche for a while now. It is a bad sign that you as well are going through this. I can't imagine O'Toole argument for privatizing your medical system.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Actually all three of these sentences are wrong.

Trudeau is not royally pissed, the Alberta premier, constructions unions and indigenous investors are royally pissed about it. Trudeau and his Liberals didn't win one seat in the past election in the oil producing provinces, despite the Liberals buying a pipeline to build to the west coast. They hate him out there. He loses nothing politically there.

There's a massive disconnect between environmentalists and their perception of indigenous people when it comes to oil and gas projects on their territory because they use Standing Rock as a generalization for all indigenous communities.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7594015/k...s-communities/
    I must have read a minority opinion or something. It wasn't based on our experience here. I am very happy your government has a better relationship with your indigenous populations than us. Since I, personally, don't know, I will just read the Canadians' posts who know more.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-22-2021 at 07:32 PM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    You mean Jason Kenney the premier of Alberta invested $1.5 billion into Keystone XL, with $6 billion in loan guarantees?

It's kind of surreal to see people, especially within Canada, talk like indigenous people are victimized by the oil and gas sector. Maybe they are in the US, but I've said this before, I work in the industry and if you knew the hoops and efforts that go in to consulting, partnering and working with First Nations communities, not to mention the community investments and employment opportunities we provide, I think people would change their mind on the topic. Not to mention these First Nations band together to buy big stakes in a lot of these projects.
    Didn't say they were victimized. I was going off Trudeau's campaign promises in 2015 to Indigenous people.

I have a very close friend of mine who worked in Fort McMurray several years back. Money was great but the work environment was god awful. Basically everyone was blasting coke the second they were off work.

the real issue is it will cost more to deliver natural gas and it will cost more to heat homes or they will use higher cost natural fuels with more carbons. New green deal should have a replacement method and delivery in place before eliminating an energy use.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

As oil gets more scarce the value of what is left goes up. Supply and demand. We hope to lower demand but we are not anywhere close to eliminating the demand.
    We will be ****ed already if oil becomes that scarce.

Did Trump add the “XL” to the end of the pipe lines name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast