Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    The problem is the Paris Accords and their inconsistent enforcement. As I have said, if they are universally enforced, I might be persuaded to agree with them. Unless and until they are universally enforced, they are a total, complete waste of time and money.
    I agree that there are problems with the Paris Accords and that they need to go farther. To be clear, you're saying you'd agree to the US spending money and reducing our CO2 emissions if the Paris Accords had consistent enforcement?

If they are known to be true, they should be provable. Unless they are proven, they are only theories. Other possibilities can explain the phenomenon. Human-caused global warming is still only a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I agree that there are problems with the Paris Accords and that they need to go farther. To be clear, you're saying you'd agree to the US spending money and reducing our CO2 emissions if the Paris Accords had consistent enforcement?
    I might be persuaded to agree with them in this case. They might actually do something if universally enforced. At this time, they are worthless.
    Any further discussion on this subject will have to wait until I get home from work. I will respond to any questions at that time.
    Last edited by catman; 01-26-2021 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I hope I'm not getting preferential or different treatment because I'm a mod. Being a mod is really not that big a deal lol.
    You quite obviously are. I've had plenty of conversations with this guy and got in his doghouse real quickly by simply questioning the "COVID-19 is a grossly exaggerated liberal hoax" narrative of posters like Nurse Jackie, BDawk, and dbroncsinmo. Didn't take much for him to start lashing out at every single post I made simply because I didn't bow to his incredible breadth of medical knowledge, whereas with you (or any other mod) he's much more diplomatic.

If they are known to be true, they should be provable. Unless they are proven, they are only theories. Other possibilities can explain the phenomenon. Human-caused global warming is still only a theory.
    Global Warming is known to be true and is probable, itís why the experts believe it...

Gravity, Evolution and Relativity are still only theories, do you doubt those too?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Wow. Okay. We CAN currently gather around 22% of solar energy using available solar panels. Not that we ARE doing it over the entire surface of the earth. I don't even know where that came from.

The point is that it is not scientifically possible to gather more than 100% of the available energy, and for a cargo ships to use solar energy the panels would have to be about 10 times the size of the Empire State Building on it's side IF we could gather 100% of the solar energy available (which also may be impossible).

Solar power is great, it doesn't solve transportation issues on it's own, it cannot.
    So if the sun emits enough energy onto earth in an hour to power mankind's energy needs for a year, then clearly we are not currently getting 25% of the available energy from the sun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I might be persuaded to agree with them in this case. They might actually do something if universally enforced. At this time, they are worthless.
    Any further discussion on this subject will have to wait until I get home from work. I will respond to any questions at that time.
    What would they do? If you do not believe man is causing the warming and itís caused by natural cycles, how could we do anything to it?

No, we have a disagreement of opinions. That is fine. As I have said many times, unless and until the Paris Accords are universally enforced, they are worthless and will have no effect on the natural cycles.
    They are not "enforced". No one is going to take you to climate jail if you don't follow along. They are an agreement between 200 countries.

I am not confused at all. I am simply stating my opinion. You can agree or disagree with my opinion.
    You are... You seem to think that the temperature is the problem here. It's the unnatural rate at which it's happening that's the cause for alarm.

The reason why it's so important for America to lead the charge is because we are the largest consumer of goods in the world. If we move away from carbon emissions a long with the many other countries, other place will have no choice. You will have an extremely limited market to where you could sell certain goods.

As we get further along we would like implement sanctions that will ban the trading of goods that are created that don't follow these standards....

But we have to set the tone. We're ****in America. WE don't wait for China for us to lead. That's so not us.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    The reason why it's so important for America to lead the charge is because we are the largest consumer of goods in the world. If we move away from carbon emissions a long with the many other countries, other place will have no choice. You will have an extremely limited market to where you could sell certain goods.

As we get further along we would like implement sanctions that will ban the trading of goods that are created that don't follow these standards....

But we have to set the tone. We're ****in America. WE don't wait for China for us to lead. That's so not us.
    It is now. Its only.going to get worse.

The american system is essentially private hands grabbing tax money with no accountability. It's just not possible to sustain long term. Something needs to change.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I will address Vlade's statement that I have no future in science with this statement.
    According to scientific method, a person proposes a theory to explain something. They then set about to prove that statement. Once they prove that their theory is correct and the only explanation for the phenomenon, the theory becomes a law. Human-caused global warming is still a theory and has yet to be proven.
    A law or theory are the same thing in science. In science facts are simply data. A theory is a collection of ideas that explain these facts.

The theory of gravity is considered widely accepted. You are confusing a hypothesis with a theory. A hypothesis is an unproven theory.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    A law or theory are the same thing in science. In science facts are simply data. A theory is a collection of ideas that explain these facts.

The theory of gravity is considered widely accepted. You are confusing a hypothesis with a theory. A hypothesis is an unproven theory.
    Are we really doing the "but it's a theory" with some random guy who tries to use it to escape science?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    So if the sun emits enough energy onto earth in an hour to power mankind's energy needs for a year, then clearly we are not currently getting 25% of the available energy from the sun.
    Again. Wow. I really don't know why you are jumping to covering the entire planet with solar panels and think it has ANYTHING to do with what we are talking about. And there is NOT enough energy in 1 hour of solar energy to power mankind for a year. Where did you get that from?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Again. Wow. I really don't know why you are jumping to covering the entire planet with solar panels and think it has ANYTHING to do with what we are talking about. And there is NOT enough energy in 1 hour of solar energy to power mankind for a year. Where did you get that from?
    The article I linked.

My point has nothing to do with covering the planet on solar panels, it has to do with the fact that the energy is there, we just have to figure out how to get it in a more efficient manner.

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast