Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Iíd also say that Dray getting tossed helped a lot. Despite him being a bad offensive player when not surrounded by elite talent, heís still the defense for them

Shows you how good Curry is. Despite teams not being afraid of anyone else, heís doing what he always does.
    Ok so at least now you've explained to us why last night's win should be downplayed like you have with the 2 before that.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Gotta win this one. Kings stink
    Last night I was watching on the league pass channel and it was the Warriors broadcasters. You have to hear what these opposing teams are saying about the Knicks. They are flabbergasted what Tom Thibedeau has done with this team. What I like is the consistency of the defense. Night in night out they come ready to play. If they suck on offense like the Magic game, they play defense hard enough to win the game. That is what I am looking for tonight. Play these guys like you are playing the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Ok so at least now you've explained to us why last night's win should be downplayed like you have with the 2 before that.
    Wasnít the goal, was just talking. No need to turn everything that way. Again, was I wrong though? They suck. Without Draymond, they are terrible, Curry or not. Didnít realize I was talking to the White Knight.

Was still a good win. But letís see it for what it is. I always give credit where itís due.

I didnít say anything about the last wins. But if you want to, Boston was absolutely awful, regardless of how we played. And Orlando was playing down a bunch of their best players, and it was still close

To be fair. Maybe I should adjust my view a bit, as it seems outside of a few top teams, everyone playing around the same level as us (or worse). Maybe this is the new NBA
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 01-22-2021 at 03:19 PM.

If the Knicks continue to play at this level, around .500, and top 5 defense with some league leading categories. Does Mitchell Robinson become a serious DPOY candidate?
    I love the way he has cut down on the silly fouls. On a side note, Noel has also been playing solid defense too.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Wasnít the goal, was just talking. No need to turn everything that way. Again, was I wrong though? They suck. Without Draymond, they are terrible, Curry or not. Didnít realize I was talking to the White Knight.

Was still a good win. But letís see it for what it is. I always give credit where itís due.
    When you are the Knicks and have basically sucked for 20 years barring one season, a win is a win. Do other teams wins not count as much because Alex Burkes was out and our three point shooting went to hell? I say we win that game whether Draymond is playing or not. Our defense was that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hardball View Post
    When you are the Knicks and have basically sucked for 20 years barring one season, a win is a win. Do other teams wins not count as much because Alex Burkes was out and our three point shooting went to hell? I say we win that game whether Draymond is playing or not. Our defense was that good.
    Didnít say we wouldnít have

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hardball View Post
    Last night I was watching on the league pass channel and it was the Warriors broadcasters. You have to hear what these opposing teams are saying about the Knicks. They are flabbergasted what Tom Thibedeau has done with this team. What I like is the consistency of the defense. Night in night out they come ready to play. If they suck on offense like the Magic game, they play defense hard enough to win the game. That is what I am looking for tonight. Play these guys like you are playing the Lakers.
    I appreciated this post I came across on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/nykterryandtray/...665382912?s=21

I love how scrappy we play. We frustrate the other team, get them out of their game, make them pick up some Technicals, make them make dumb plays. And win or lose, we know that we definitely got into their head. We may not be the most talented team but man these guys look hungry and wanting to get better every time

Also I love how Thibs is so proactive out there when he coaches. Even if we are up by a lot or trailing by a lot, he isn't afraid to call a time out and tear into his guys if they make silly mistakes. You may say it doesn't matter in this specific game but he is preventing them from falling into a bad habit. And man, have I watched the Knicks in the past 5+ years fall into these bad habits

Love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I love how scrappy we play. We frustrate the other team, get them out of their game, make them pick up some Technicals, make them make dumb plays. And win or lose, we know that we definitely got into their head. We may not be the most talented team but man these guys look hungry and wanting to get better every time
    Here is the thing, who is contributing big time that wasn't here last year? Burkes? Rivers? Noel? Thibs has basically added a couple of rookies and journeyman back-ups to what was already here and actually formed them into something useful.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Also I love how Thibs is so proactive out there when he coaches. Even if we are up by a lot or trailing by a lot, he isn't afraid to call a time out and tear into his guys if they make silly mistakes. You may say it doesn't matter in this specific game but he is preventing them from falling into a bad habit. And man, have I watched the Knicks in the past 5+ years fall into these bad habits
    The growing pains will be expected, but what I like is how quickly we see mistakes fixed to a degree. I remember those first two games and the turnovers were just silly. I remember thinking, "who on this team can handle the ball" then we see Randle start facilitation like LeBron does and everything changes instantly. Quickley has a leash, and if he is doing his thing, it gets longer, but Thibs isn't handing anyone anything for free. This "What have you done for me in the last 5 minutes" attitude is pushing these guys to excel. Knox is learning really fast that if you want time on the court, be effective on the court. It's funny that such a simple philosophy is working so well.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    you must be watching a different game lol, you will be told that. But last night once again it's clear if he's not shooting open corner three's he's kind of useless or even a detriment.

Of course I root for this kid each and every game, but then I actually watch without prejudice and it's not pretty if he's not making those three's.
    I trust Thibs on this kid, I'm not sure it will change but we have time this year and next to continue to figure it out.
    Did you see how many times Randle had to signal him he's going iso so even a 5 year old would know lol I don't know it's like Knox just goes and stands in corner then turns of his brain.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

King's game is definitely a trap game like when they played OKC lol.

Listen me and my co-workers are all shocked how RJ played last night that was a completely different player we were watching forget his shot falling he was reading defense and attacking accordingly had even some slick passes including that behind the back it's like Nash and RJ swapped bodies.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast