Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    KAT is looking like the new DMC. DMC put up 28/12/4 in his prime but did he ever even win 40 games? No defense from a big is a no no. I said last year Bam Bam was more valuable than KAT.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Who said anything about what we would pay him?

Iím not sure what Randle is yet. But to say heís a stat padder, while not saying the same about KAT, is pretty ridiculous. Randle is contributing right now. I agree heís not an untouchable, but is he worth more than he would return in a deal, most likely

We donít have to pay Mitch this year. We also donít have to pay Randle. We can afford them no problem anyway. And they donít cost us anything else, just money.
    Regardless your looking at 40-50 mill for both of those guys on 2022

Instead I'd pay kat 30 and get better production and save 20 mill

We also are 8 and 9 lol you act like we are top 4 Randle started off the year nice but now he's chucking and stat padding id flip him for a first asap

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    KAT is looking like the new DMC. DMC put up 28/12/4 in his prime but did he ever even win 40 games? No defense from a big is a no no. I said last year Bam Bam was more valuable than KAT.
    Horrible comparison kat is just lazy dmc was a knucklehead and he was always outta shape idc if ant Davis was in minny nobody wins there even the great KG never did **** there your bugging bro

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I donít think he had never played great defense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You bugging thibs had kat playing defense and in the best shape of his career kat is lazy and he didn't like the hard work but his willingness to reunite may have changed his tune im sure he's tired of losing

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    That completely went over your head. The point was that me, you, nor the team saw this coming from Randle so to use him as a reason why for anything is silly.

If Randle played this way last year, surely things would be different. However, he wasnít a real option.
    Iím not giving the FO a pass for misreading the Randle situation. Iím also not taking that out on Obi who has tons of potential and I believe has a good shot to prove heís better than all the guys were fawning over right now.

Obi made sense to pick with Randle out the door. You donít pick Obi to play with Randle. So if Randle is re-signed Obi is getting traded eventually and was essentially a wasted pick. And the FO had no idea what they had in Randle, which was a blunder in itself.

All that said, I still have a feeling the FO might trade Randle and still views Obi as the long term solution. Obi was Leonís first mega move and he was head over heels for him. I donít think Obi has done anything to change the long term view - heís flashing his stuff even if heís a little more raw than expected. In short if they loved him on draft night I believe they still love him now and he still might be their guy long term. Randle may be used in a blockbuster and all this talk would be for naught.

In 2018 you probably thought DeAngelo Russell was gonna be a Net for life. 2 years later look what happened. Randle may still be gone and Obi may still be ďthe guyĒ.

BUT if Randle is re-signed Obi was a wasted pick IMO.

I donít believe the FO is gonna ďdumpĒ Randle or make any tank moves and he most likely plays out this season and maybe they bring him on next year by picking up his option since Obi does seem a couple of years away. But packaging Randle as part of a big trade and making Obi the long term 4 man is something I believe is still on the table in the eyes of the FO. Sometimes we get lost in the moment but I donít think the long term vision has changed for the FO just because weíre a scrappy .500 team and Randle is balling.

DAngelo Russell, Isiah Thomas (BOS), too examples of guys that helped elevate their teams and made all star teams and were fan favorites and were dumped in favor of bigger moves and bigger plans. Randle may still go that route.

And if he doesnít, and we resign him, Obi was a wasted pick.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I donít believe the FO is gonna ďdumpĒ Randle or make any tank moves and he most likely plays out this season and maybe they bring him on next year by picking up his option since Obi does seem a couple of years away. But packaging Randle as part of a big trade and making Obi the long term 4 man is something I believe is still on the table in the eyes of the FO. Sometimes we get lost in the moment but I donít think the long term vision has changed for the FO just because weíre a scrappy .500 team and Randle is balling.

DAngelo Russell, Isiah Thomas (BOS), too examples of guys that helped elevate their teams and made all star teams and were fan favorites and were dumped in favor of bigger moves and bigger plans. Randle may still go that route.

And if he doesnít, and we resign him, Obi was a wasted pick.
    You never know what's going to happen hopefully they build off Randle RJ and Quickly.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Horrible comparison kat is just lazy dmc was a knucklehead and he was always outta shape idc if ant Davis was in minny nobody wins there even the great KG never did **** there your bugging bro
    i mean "just being lazy" is kind of a big deal no? KAT has had talent around him and always ends up in the lottery. he's not trash but he's nowhere near as impactful as his averages suggest.

Iím not giving the FO a pass for misreading the Randle situation. Iím also not taking that out on Obi who has tons of potential and I believe has a good shot to prove heís better than all the guys were fawning over right now.

Obi made sense to pick with Randle out the door. You donít pick Obi to play with Randle. So if Randle is re-signed Obi is getting traded eventually and was essentially a wasted pick. And the FO had no idea what they had in Randle, which was a blunder in itself.

All that said, I still have a feeling the FO might trade Randle and still views Obi as the long term solution. Obi was Leonís first mega move and he was head over heels for him. I donít think Obi has done anything to change the long term view - heís flashing his stuff even if heís a little more raw than expected. In short if they loved him on draft night I believe they still love him now and he still might be their guy long term. Randle may be used in a blockbuster and all this talk would be for naught.

In 2018 you probably thought DeAngelo Russell was gonna be a Net for life. 2 years later look what happened. Randle may still be gone and Obi may still be ďthe guyĒ.

BUT if Randle is re-signed Obi was a wasted pick IMO.
    i agree with this, no matter how you look at it, it's hard to justify. I mean Thibs was raving about Randle before the draft, now it's "they didnt know what they had"... well even that isn't really excusable. they SHOULD know. and listen Randle has been great this year but he's always been a damn good scorer. he scored more per minute and much more efficiently in NOLA before we signed him. It's not like Randle is all of a sudden a huge surprise. His passing has been much better this year sure, but otherwise he's always been a damn good scorer. The issue with him has always been roster construction. and again it's what we're talking about this year, at some point you gotta put together a roster that makes sense.

at the end of the day there simply aren't enough minutes at the PF for both. so are we going to play Obi at the 5 some? Again, comes to my point i always make about not putting guys in a position to succeed.

and its nothing against Obi, i wasn't a fan of him but I'm more than willing to have him prove me wrong, the issue is, there are no minutes for him right now and if we keep Randle long term, which at this point we probably should, there won't be at all.

i agree with this, no matter how you look at it, it's hard to justify. I mean Thibs was raving about Randle before the draft, now it's "they didnt know what they had"... well even that isn't really excusable. they SHOULD know. and listen Randle has been great this year but he's always been a damn good scorer. he scored more per minute and much more efficiently in NOLA before we signed him. It's not like Randle is all of a sudden a huge surprise. His passing has been much better this year sure, but otherwise he's always been a damn good scorer. The issue with him has always been roster construction. and again it's what we're talking about this year, at some point you gotta put together a roster that makes sense.

at the end of the day there simply aren't enough minutes at the PF for both. so are we going to play Obi at the 5 some? Again, comes to my point i always make about not putting guys in a position to succeed.

and its nothing against Obi, i wasn't a fan of him but I'm more than willing to have him prove me wrong, the issue is, there are no minutes for him right now and if we keep Randle long term, which at this point we probably should, there won't be at all.
    So thibs was raving because he knew Randle was going to have as good of a season as greek freak and lebron wow I should ask thibs for tomorrows lotto numbers.

GT17: Most Egalitarian Knicks (8-8) @ Sacramento Kings (5-10): Free Buddy!

I would imagine Leon came in with a long term plan so whatever is happening right now some months into his tenure is kind of irrelevant to that plan. I would say even if we pick up Randles option that Obi might still be their guy long term.

If the Randle decision had to happen this year there would be more urgency but thereís no reason to rush anything on him or Obi unless blown away by a trade offer. So until that situation resolves itself one way or another and Leonís plan starts to show its face and be less of a mystery, Iím gonna reserve judgement.

We are in a transition year so whatís happening right now in terms of Obi, Randle, and the rooks we passed over is kind of irrelevant to me. Weíre too far from a finished product and we have no idea what direction they are gonna take this team. I get being upset right now but Iím gonna wait until things start to take shape long term.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    So thibs was raving because he knew Randle was going to have as good of a season as greek freak and lebron wow I should ask thibs for tomorrows lotto numbers.

easy there, he hasn't been anywhere near as good as those 2 and its' been 15 games. if he finishes the season at 22/10/6 i'd be surprised. alot of what he is doing is unsustainable.

easy there, he hasn't been anywhere near as good as those 2 and its' been 15 games. if he finishes the season at 22/10/6 i'd be surprised. alot of what he is doing is unsustainable.
    What is he doing thatís unsustainable? Even when his shot/3 isnít falling great heís putting up monster stat lines and leading us to Ws.

IMO Obi should be the first big off the bench, not Noel. Play Obi and Randle together for like 8 mins a game. Obi gets 12-14 mins at PF while Randle is on the bench. 20-22 mins per game is enough to make some impact on the team and show some value. Noel should be getting 10-12 mins tops unless Mitch is in foul trouble. Obviously a SSS, but Obi is showing some solid rim protection at least in the way of blocks so far (2 BPG per 36).

I would also tinker with Randle at the 3 since he does so much ball-handling as it is. It would really depend on matchups. It would help if we had a 3PT shooting 5 on the bench to rotate in. I was hoping Spellman would help in that area so we could keep Obi and Randle on the floor together without losing spacing.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 01-24-2021 at 03:59 PM.

What is he doing thatís unsustainable? Even when his shot/3 isnít falling great heís putting up monster stat lines and leading us to Ws.
    The assists are slowing decreasing, but part of that is because guys arenít hitting shots and weíre struggling offensively most nights. His FG% has been coming down as well since he was shooting mid-range Js better than anyone else in the league earlier in the season. That being said, I still expect him to be an efficient scorer and playmaker moving forward. He just needs more help. RJ is stepping up in a big way, now others need to start following suit.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast