Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Kat is way better than Randle and mitch combined
    Possibly. But he hasnít translated to wins at all. And if Randle is playing near the level heís playing at, the gap isnít that wide

Kat is way better than Randle and mitch combined
    Pass, heís super injury prone and that team is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Yeah Hali is getting an opportunity to play big minutes while Obi isnít. Part of that is because Thibs is refusing go small with Obi playing some mins at the 5. I didnít mind seeing Randle and Obi playing with each other in Game 1.

I know his %s will improve as he gets more comfortable and gets a rhythm going. Right now it feels like heís playing while looking over his shoulder. IQ has also been inconsistent due to this now.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Pass, heís super injury prone and that team is a disgrace.
    Injury prone? He literally missed the first game in his entire career last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Agreed with most everything you said Still.

One nitpick. Hali may not be a PG, but he'd have been perfect for us. Our PG is Julius Randle. We don't need a traditional PG - Just someone to play defense, keep the ball moving, and hit some open shots. That's Hali in a nutshell.
    I donít understand how fans canít see that most of this is the result of the unexpected play by Randle.

Youíre posting about how Randle being a PG/point forward means that they donít need a traditional PG as if Randle was a legitimate option in this role prior to the start of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I donít understand how fans canít see that most of this is the result of the unexpected play by Randle.

Youíre posting about how Randle being a PG/point forward means that they donít need a traditional PG as if Randle was a legitimate option in this role prior to the start of this season
    all the more reason we should have drafted a PG like Hali.

The Knicks are playing good basketball but they aren't a good team...not yet.

One of those problems is simple. Lack of ball movement which is due to the fact, the Knicks don't have a top shelf point guard.

Turning Julius Randle into a point forward (something Phil Jackson wanted from Melo) is a nice short-term solution. True, Randle averages 6.2 assists per game but he also commits a career high 3.4 turnovers per game. That's only a 2.8 differential. Not really something a team wants to live off on.

This is why the Knicks need a floor general. Not a "sleepah" point guard.

All of you fools who thought Kira Lewis Jr was going to be a top 10 pick:

Kira Lewis Jr: 3.6 ppg and 1.3 apg

Killian Hayes: 4.6 ppg, 3.6 apg

Cole Anthony: 10.2 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 3.2 apg

LaMelo Ball: 11.6 ppg, 6.4 rpg, and 5.9 apg

Tyrese Haliburton: 11.4 ppg, 3.0 rpg, and 4.9 spg

Again the Knicks are playing well but until they actually upgrade the back court (No, RJ is NOT a shooting guard. He's nothing with a shooting moniker)....they won't reach the next level.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 01-24-2021 at 10:25 AM.

Lewis is 19, and playing behind Ball & Bledsoe. I'm sure he'll be a damn good player when it's all said and done. Not unusual for a PG to take a few years.

Cole's shot hasn't looked good though, but it's way too early for any of this.

I think the big takeaways early on is Obi wasn't as NBA ready as he was deemed to be. Ball is going to be a superstar already putting up insane stat lines in games, and Hali is going to be a damn good player.

Can I see Knox play with RJ on nights like this where our journeyman show their stripes please?? Oh, and when the team shows a little offensive life after Knox makes a 3 and the other team calls time-out, can we consider leaving our best statistical shooter in the game for a minute or so longer?? It's just ridic...

Lets be honest: the way this coach treats Knox tells me he doesn't see Knox in this team (his rotations) future. For right or for wrong, that seems to be the writing on the wall. This may not be the case but if I'm Knox, that's definitely what I would be thinking. More motivation to continue to work....
    Last edited by Bivory; 01-24-2021 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    That completely went over your head. The point was that me, you, nor the team saw this coming from Randle so to use him as a reason why for anything is silly.

If Randle played this way last year, surely things would be different. However, he wasnít a real option.
    Last edited by smood999; 01-24-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Possibly. But he hasnít translated to wins at all. And if Randle is playing near the level heís playing at, the gap isnít that wide
    Ironically he made the playoffs under thibs plus he stretches the floor for obi and RJ talk about perfect fit

Ironically he made the playoffs under thibs plus he stretches the floor for obi and RJ talk about perfect fit
    He made the playoffs because of Jimmy Butler. Who then completely hated him, and blasted him for lack of effort, and lack of winning mentality

Heís also had a terrible defensive reputation. So we then lose our anchor

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post

Youíre posting about how Randle being a PG/point forward means that they donít need a traditional PG as if Randle was a legitimate option in this role prior to the start of this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    This. I was always an advocate for drafting Hali and putting him at SG anyway (or playing him at PG alongside a ball dominant SG, i.e., Lavine or Donovan Mitchell). It just turned out that Randle became a star, and Hali would have fit right in at PG.

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/karl-...p-in-the-face/

Iím not feeling a reunion bro

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    This. I was always an advocate for drafting Hali and putting him at SG anyway (or playing him at PG alongside a ball dominant SG, i.e., Lavine or Donovan Mitchell). It just turned out that Randle became a star, and Hali would have fit right in at PG.
    I donít even get what the argument is. Hali was always a fit. He fits on any team in the NBA. Brings a skillset you can never have enough of. Defense, IQ, ball handling, shooting, size/length

Obi was a stupid pick. When we thought Randle sucked, and even more so now..

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast