Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

GT17: Most Egalitarian Knicks (8-8) @ Sacramento Kings (5-10): Free Buddy!

Thibs said he liked the bench’s minutes post game. Said he thought they gave us a lift in the first half. Interesting.

The Knicks are 1-6 in games where Payton has less then 4 buckets

3-9 for Payton
    3-14 for Burks
    3-9 for Quickley

That’s the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 01-23-2021 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

is eshcs telling us Knick fans need home health care lol......

If Burks was Burks Knicks win, end of story. Guys can read into what you want he was horrible on both ends of the court.

Hali is a good player, he had one of IQ type good games last night in 31 minutes though. I'm still not convinced until a lot more time runs by to see what Obi will bring. right now early on it's Hali by a land slide.
    but Hali is no PG he is a wing's wing, so please stop with we had our PG, right now i'll run with IQ as he keeps getting more and more experience.

Personally it looks like thibs has some young guys looking over their shoulders ready to be pulled, I see it most definitely with IQ and last night I saw Obi look over twice.

We have two centers who can't catch the damn ball unless its thrown over their head, it's ridiculous. Holmes took them both to school especially Noel.

I'm at the point I'd like to see Thibs go small more and put Randle and Obi together for some stretch's instead of Noel getting 19+ min, let him have maybe 10.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    is eshcs telling us Knick fans need home health care lol......

If Burks was Burks Knicks win, end of story. Guys can read into what you want he was horrible on both ends of the court.

Hali is a good player, he had one of IQ type good games last night in 31 minutes though. I'm still not convinced until a lot more time runs by to see what Obi will bring. right now early on it's Hali by a land slide.
    but Hali is no PG he is a wing's wing, so please stop with we had our PG, right now i'll run with IQ as he keeps getting more and more experience.

Personally it looks like thibs has some young guys looking over their shoulders ready to be pulled, I see it most definitely with IQ and last night I saw Obi look over twice.

We have two centers who can't catch the damn ball unless its thrown over their head, it's ridiculous. Holmes took them both to school especially Noel.

I'm at the point I'd like to see Thibs go small more and put Randle and Obi together for some stretch's instead of Noel getting 19+ min, let him have maybe 10.
    Agreed with most everything you said Still.

One nitpick. Hali may not be a PG, but he'd have been perfect for us. Our PG is Julius Randle. We don't need a traditional PG - Just someone to play defense, keep the ball moving, and hit some open shots. That's Hali in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Agreed with most everything you said Still.

One nitpick. Hali may not be a PG, but he'd have been perfect for us. Our PG is Julius Randle. We don't need a traditional PG - Just someone to play defense, keep the ball moving, and hit some open shots. That's Hali in a nutshell.

Isn't that usually Burks? I agree Hali would most definitely be taking bullocks minutes but I still like burks and so does the coach, he just had one of those nights in his second game back and it was a back to back for a guy that missed what 12 games?

Usually you sit the 2nd game out but he was terrible on both ends for 27 min and that is not Burks, he even looked horrid missing a give me layup, Mitched had to follow it in, but he was so off and I never have ever seen him play that poorly on defense.

That is actually a great sign because he won't have those games often, so maybe Sunday we get the good Burks back especially with the short handed Blazers team.

I know people will say but Hali is so much younger, I get it, but he got 16 points on 13 shots it was a good game he was obviously pumped up for, but he went against guys that were obviously tired.

Last night we actually missed Rivers covering him.

If anyone wants to be technical we can go back to a lot drafts, we should have Mitchell on the wing right now with Bridges, I don't hear all the posters screaming at me that he was old when drafted pointing out his stats

Oh that's right we have Knox who was much younger. Those were two major drafts we got it wrong, that kid Bridges is the real deal on both ends of the court.

Actually i'll boast his stats since I was I the draft thread saying we should go after him, 24 points, 10 boards and 4 assists and he will probably be a first team all defensive player if not second team.

Although when a certain player hurt fell to us that could be an even bigger mistake our FO made, but that's the past, hopefully something happens really good here with the young guys.

Hali is not type of player you cry over on missing out but frank and knox draft are the ones we should cry.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Hali’s the next Beni Udrih

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Isn't that usually Burks? I agree Hali would most definitely be taking bullocks minutes but I still like burks and so does the coach, he just had one of those nights in his second game back and it was a back to back for a guy that missed what 12 games?

Usually you sit the 2nd game out but he was terrible on both ends for 27 min and that is not Burks, he even looked horrid missing a give me layup, Mitched had to follow it in, but he was so off and I never have ever seen him play that poorly on defense.

That is actually a great sign because he won't have those games often, so maybe Sunday we get the good Burks back especially with the short handed Blazers team.

I know people will say but Hali is so much younger, I get it, but he got 16 points on 13 shots it was a good game he was obviously pumped up for, but he went against guys that were obviously tired.

Last night we actually missed Rivers covering him.

If anyone wants to be technical we can go back to a lot drafts, we should have Mitchell on the wing right now with Bridges, I don't hear all the posters screaming at me that he was old when drafted pointing out his stats

Oh that's right we have Knox who was much younger. Those were two major drafts we got it wrong, that kid Bridges is the real deal on both ends of the court.

Actually i'll boast his stats since I was I the draft thread saying we should go after him, 24 points, 10 boards and 4 assists and he will probably be a first team all defensive player if not second team.

Although when a certain player hurt fell to us that could be an even bigger mistake our FO made, but that's the past, hopefully something happens really good here with the young guys.
    It's not Burks - The lineup could have been:

Hali
    Burks
    RJ
    Randle
    Mitch

Mitchell and Mikal Bridges are not like Obi in terms of age. They were 19 and 20 when drafted, and played their first seasons as 20 and 21 (respectively). Obi was drafted at 22, and in a month and a half will turn 23. History tells us there is a massive difference between drafting players in the lottery between the ages of 19-21, on one hand, and 22, on the other.

This is what happened

Leon rose came in with the idea he wanted to get rid of randle

So he drafted a guy he wanted to take over for him

Randle has played great and now rose plan is back firing

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    It's not Burks - The lineup could have been:

Hali
    Burks
    RJ
    Randle
    Mitch

Mitchell and Mikal Bridges are not like Obi in terms of age. They were 19 and 20 when drafted, and played their first seasons as 20 and 21 (respectively). Obi was drafted at 22, and in a month and a half will turn 23. History tells us there is a massive difference between drafting players in the lottery between the ages of 19-21, on one hand, and 22, on the other.
    We could start Burks and Q now. We don’t

At first, I was bothered by all of Team President Leon Rose's mistakes but the truth is we should be more appreciative that this team is only one game under .500...

1. Leon Rose Master Plan was to trade for Chris Paul. THAT was supposed to be the answer at point guard. Chris Paul said, no thanks and approved a trade to Phoenix.

2. Leon Rose thought Obi Toppin could come right in and be the local guy who can contribute right away. Turns out, he more like Kenny "Sky" Walker w/o a position for now.

3. Thibs encouraged Julius Randle to be the distributor. Hence Elfrid Payton to Julius Randle maybe the 1-2 punch but Randle to either RJ Barrett, Seth Bullock, or Mitchell Robinson is the 2-3, 2-4, and 2-5 punch.

It took the Knicks roughly forty games to get 8 wins. It took half that under Thibs.

Yes, Leon Rose and Scott Perry should have drafted a point guard instead of Obi Toppin...not because Toppin isn't a talented big man...it's the fact, the value and the need was there.

I'm very curious to see what happens when Randle and Payton are re-signed, where Toppin ends up playing. I think he'll be backing up Mitchell Robinson.

Although with that said and done, they probably viewed IQ higher than Hali and we got IQ. So in end of the day it is sort of moot. It is technically Hali or Toppin but technically Leon and co prob felt it was either Hali and PF or Toppin and IQ and they chose the latter.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Praise_Di_Yute View Post
    This is what happened

Leon rose came in with the idea he wanted to get rid of randle

So he drafted a guy he wanted to take over for him

Randle has played great and now rose plan is back firing
    Not at all Randle is still getting traded if anything he's building his value

a guy we should keep an eye on is kat

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    a guy we should keep an eye on is kat
    If we are going with the “Randle is an all star” and “Mitch is a DPOY contender” angles

Then why bother with KAT?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    If we are going with the “Randle is an all star” and “Mitch is a DPOY contender” angles

Then why bother with KAT?
    Kat is way better than Randle and mitch combined

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast