Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kevin Porter Jr to Houston

Did not see that coming.

Houston on the recieving end of a player wanting out this time. I think the guy has alot of upside, shrewd move by Moreys replacement, IDK his name.

A lot of talent, if he can get his off the court stuff worked out. Maybe he just needs Cousins to put him through a wall or something.

Team wise it's a decent spot, with all the veterans that will be around him.

IDK, there are more off court distractions in Houston than in Cleveland. Houston women, Texas as a "red" state, plus all the night activities, I hope he gets it together.

For Houston giving up just a protected 2nd round pick, it's an okay gamble I guess.

Cheap scorer ... makes some sense, not sure that locker room is up to the task of dealing with him but with all the players "injured" he's going to get PT which will give them a chance to keep him happy and develop and evaluate him.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    IDK, there are more off court distractions in Houston than in Cleveland. Houston women, Texas as a "red" state, plus all the night activities, I hope he gets it together.

For Houston giving up just a protected 2nd round pick, it's an okay gamble I guess.
    I'm sorry, but this legitimately made me lol. What does this have to do with playing basketball in Houston, and what statement are you trying to make about our women? Also, Texas is red, but Houston is pretty blue. Mose of the major metro areas are.

Shrewd move by Stone. The guy has made nothing but solid moves since taking over for Morey. Obviously I'm still torn between going for it with this core and tanking, but the Rockets could use all the young talent they can get their hands on either way. I hope he gets his act together and it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Cheap scorer ... makes some sense, not sure that locker room is up to the task of dealing with him but with all the players "injured" he's going to get PT which will give them a chance to keep him happy and develop and evaluate him.
    The article Woj posted said having KPJ work closely with assistant coach John Lucas, who I guess is the troubled youth whisperer or something is the idea behind the transaction.

Ya gotta think, regardless of talent, this has to be one of Porter's last chances at an NBA career, if he messes up this opportunity too he may only have 1 or 2 teams who will take a flyer on him, if that.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'm sorry, but this legitimately made me lol. What does this have to do with playing basketball in Houston, and what statement are you trying to make about our women? Also, Texas is red, but Houston is pretty blue. Mose of the major metro areas are.
    And Texas is just barely red overall anymore.

Shrewd move by Stone. The guy has made nothing but solid moves since taking over for Morey. Obviously I'm still torn between going for it with this core and tanking, but the Rockets could use all the young talent they can get their hands on either way. I hope he gets his act together and it works out.
    I'm not sure I agree with all of his moves in regards to making the team good, but he's also painted into a corner by circumstance and I understand that has to drive some of his decisions. I wouldn't be at all surprised if by next year the team looks VERY different.

Everyone has to know Houston has some crazy night clubs and some thirst trappers, that's all I'm gonna say, LOL!

And the "red state" comment (although this could happen anywhere) was just to describe scenarios where he may see someone with a confederate flag or other outright racist tendencies and take it too personal if he's immature or thin skinned. Houston & Texas is also known for several racial incidents (Sandra Bland, etc.) being things in the news that may be challenging for a young man to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Everyone has to know Houston has some crazy night clubs and some thirst trappers, that's all I'm gonna say, LOL!

And the "red state" comment (although this could happen anywhere) was just to describe scenarios where he may see someone with a confederate flag or other outright racist tendencies and take it too personal if he's immature or thin skinned. Houston & Texas is also known for several racial incidents (Sandra Bland, etc.) being things in the news that may be challenging for a young man to deal with.
    I have been meeting a lot of tourists coming here just to party since so many other places being on lock with strict clubbing laws.

As far as the racism. Thatís all over America. Southern states just get highlighted more due to American history.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with all of his moves in regards to making the team good, but he's also painted into a corner by circumstance and I understand that has to drive some of his decisions. I wouldn't be at all surprised if by next year the team looks VERY different.
    I mean, it's pretty hard to make moves that make the team better when you're forced to move a top 5 player in his prime and have one of the worst contracts in the league on your books in Westbrook. But I'm not sure Stone's goal is to compete to win a championship with this core anymore. He seems to be compiling assets and picks for a total rebuild. Every move he's made, though, has been a net positive in terms of value aside from the Harden trade, where it would have been impossible to get equal value.

I mean, it's pretty hard to make moves that make the team better when you're forced to move a top 5 player in his prime and have one of the worst contracts in the league on your books in Westbrook. But I'm not sure Stone's goal is to compete to win a championship with this core anymore. He seems to be compiling assets and picks for a total rebuild. Every move he's made, though, has been a net positive in terms of value aside from the Harden trade, where it would have been impossible to get equal value.
    Yeah. I would have wanted to keep LeVert and Allen rather than getting an expiring contract, Exum and a likely very low Bucks pick.

I do wonder what offers he has seen for Gordon/Tucker ... my guess is none for the former and just probing on the latter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast