Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who do you want leading off and why?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Springer

6 50.00%
  • Biggio

6 50.00%
  • Bichette

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Who Leads Off?

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Only during NL matchups. Lets not get ridiculous.
    Well if he can't pitch maybe he can hit? or maybe use him as a pinch runner, he does have a long stride.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Well if he can't pitch maybe he can hit? or maybe use him as a pinch runner, he does have a long stride.
    Bet he can run faster than Kirk, Vladdy or Tellez to name a few, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Bet he can run faster than Kirk, Vladdy or Tellez to name a few, lol
    His draft profile has him at 6' 6" and 250 lbs!! Hi is a big man

I think that's prime Jordan like stats, not Shaq. His strides by default out run Kirk. And unlike Vladdy or Tellez he has never grounded into a DP.

I never said now. I said he has the potential to turn into them.

Pearson has a 4 pitch arsenal. Glasnow has 3. I may have been underestimating Pearson.

Pearson has thrown 324 pitches in the MLB, Glasnow 5381 to become an ace. However if you compare Glasnow's 2016 to Pearson's 2020 you see some similarities.

It is rare when a pitcher just comes up and dominates the MLB year after year. Those others who do come quickly (Webb, Lincecum, Willis) win a Cy Young then are never heard from again. I'm much more hyped for Pearson now. Thanks!
    You compared pitch arsenals right off the top. If you want to count his curve and change as pitches in his arsenal then you do you. I pointed out how he can't throw either for strikes nor do hitters swing at them. I have a knack for coming up with some piping hot takes and am well aware that this is one of them. I'm just giving my justification.

Comparing Pearson to pitchers like Lincecum and D-Train who owe a lot of their early success to their herky jerky deliveries is kinda weird. Especially considering that both of those guys are soft tossers lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I think Pearson should bat 3rd instead. He will hit 300/350/550.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I think Pearson should bat 3rd instead. He will hit 300/350/550.
    He will be our Ohtani

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    You compared pitch arsenals right off the top. If you want to count his curve and change as pitches in his arsenal then you do you. I pointed out how he can't throw either for strikes nor do hitters swing at them. I have a knack for coming up with some piping hot takes and am well aware that this is one of them. I'm just giving my justification.

Comparing Pearson to pitchers like Lincecum and D-Train who owe a lot of their early success to their herky jerky deliveries is kinda weird. Especially considering that both of those guys are soft tossers lol.
    He has the ability to throw 4 pitches, his curve had a 60% whiff rate... not sure what more you'd want from a rookie, who was injured...

Lincecum came up with a 97.1 ave fastball not sure that's a soft toss. I compared them as SP who had great success then flamed out. Whereas most long term SP either struggle or put up ave-mediocre stats in year one, then adjust to MLB hitters, hence the Glasnow comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    He will be our Ohtani
    When he barrels the ball, he has more power than Ohtani, hes got that Griffey Jr sweet swing.

Dear lord, was it acid saturday and I missed it?

Lmao

He has the ability to throw 4 pitches, his curve had a 60% whiff rate... not sure what more you'd want from a rookie, who was injured...

Lincecum came up with a 97.1 ave fastball not sure that's a soft toss. I compared them as SP who had great success then flamed out. Whereas most long term SP either struggle or put up ave-mediocre stats in year one, then adjust to MLB hitters, hence the Glasnow comparison.
    That 60% whiff rate is accompanied by a 0% PutAway rate so he literally got nobody out with his curve. I wouldn't be holding onto a WhiffRate on a pitch that he throws 6% of the time either.

I honestly forgot there was a time when the Freak threw hard. Still, he was never a 2 pitch pitchers like Pearson always has been. He also featured one of the best change ups in baseball as that was his put away pitch for years. Glasnow hasn't adjusted though? He went right back to his norm this past season.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Dear lord, was it acid saturday and I missed it?

Lmao
    You were too busy making sensible posts.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789