Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who do you want leading off and why?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Springer

6 50.00%
  • Biggio

6 50.00%
  • Bichette

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Who Leads Off?

I think he'll be better than last year but dont think itll be good enoigh to be hitting 3rd. Maybe 5th or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Am I the only one who wants Semien in the top half of the lineup? I think he is being undervalued. As it stands right now, I'll go with

Springer
    Bichette
    Semien
    Teoscar
    Biggio
    Gurriel
    Vlad
    Tellez
    Jansen
    I had a dream that we had a 10 man deep batting order with INF and OF flex in case injuries happened. This offence was so good it didn't matter the batting order and they lead the MLB in runs.

Then I noticed the Yankees we #2 in the MLB in runs scored and woke up to a SP signing. (Walker and Archer to a Minors contract with a bunch of incentives).

Make it happen Atkins, just not Paxton, don't want a 3rd LH SP to go up against the Yankees loaded RH bats.

Am I the only one who wants Semien in the top half of the lineup? I think he is being undervalued. As it stands right now, I'll go with

Springer
    Bichette
    Semien
    Teoscar
    Biggio
    Gurriel
    Vlad
    Tellez
    Jansen
    My worry is that 2019 is the outlier for him. Hes gotta earn a top 6 spot in this lineup.

Springer
    Bichette
    Semien
    Teoscar
    Biggio
    Gurriel
    Vlad
    Tellez
    Jansen
    Like mike said, he needs to earn it. A top 3 of Biggio, Bo and Springer is pretty lethal as is. If Semien replicates 2019 then that changes everything.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Like mike said, he needs to earn it. A top 3 of Biggio, Bo and Springer is pretty lethal as is. If Semien replicates 2019 then that changes everything.
    The part of the Semien (and possibly Yates) signings that also comes to mind is the chance for compensation if we can't (or choose not to) keep them long-term. They've shown ceilings that demonstrate either could merit a qualifying offer at seasons end. Both have motivation to be great to ensure a next big contract. If either/both fall short, it is only a single year commitment. Teams that are willing to splurge for 1 year deals this off-season on players with high ceilings, may find themselves very happy at season's end.

Jays are using the market well this winter. It took forever to develop, but it is great to see it all coming together.

They really need another SP still though. I expect it is inevitable they'll get someone.

Charlie said hes spoke to Springer already but didnt say 1 way or another who he is leading off.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I think he'll be better than last year but dont think itll be good enoigh to be hitting 3rd. Maybe 5th or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    My worry is that 2019 is the outlier for him. Hes gotta earn a top 6 spot in this lineup.
    Outside of the first 14 games last year where he was injured he was pretty damn good last year, including the playoffs. I don't have the numbers off hand, but in his last 40 games he put up something like a 1.4 fWAR and a +133 wRC+. 5th is the absolute lowest I would bat him.

As for top of the rotation, Springer, Bo, Semien is much more potent then anything that includes Biggio. Don't get me wrong, I love Biggio, he's great at working the count, has a knacky ability to know when to steal and gets his fair share of walks but he has negligible power, strikes out a lot and doesn't have great bat to ball skills.

Springer
    Bichette
    Semien
    Teoscar
    Biggio
    Gurriel
    Vlad
    Tellez
    Jansen
    This could very well be it. I too think semien will have a monster season and deserving of a top spot.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    The part of the Semien (and possibly Yates) signings that also comes to mind is the chance for compensation if we can't (or choose not to) keep them long-term. They've shown ceilings that demonstrate either could merit a qualifying offer at seasons end. Both have motivation to be great to ensure a next big contract. If either/both fall short, it is only a single year commitment. Teams that are willing to splurge for 1 year deals this off-season on players with high ceilings, may find themselves very happy at season's end.

Jays are using the market well this winter. It took forever to develop, but it is great to see it all coming together.

They really need another SP still though. I expect it is inevitable they'll get someone.
    Good point on the QO's. If either of them play to their potential then offering them a QO should be a no brainer. I'd have no problem with either of them accepting or declining it. It's a win win.

As for arms, I believe we'll acquire at least 1 big arm through trade. Pearson and Manoah are the 2 candidates to be dealt. Both relievers turned starter and both are power pitchers with massive frames. I think the likelihood of Atkins trading SWR or Kloff is next to none. Those will be the 2 who become part of the rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Outside of the first 14 games last year where he was injured he was pretty damn good last year, including the playoffs. I don't have the numbers off hand, but in his last 40 games he put up something like a 1.4 fWAR and a +133 wRC+. 5th is the absolute lowest I would bat him.

As for top of the rotation, Springer, Bo, Semien is much more potent then anything that includes Biggio. Don't get me wrong, I love Biggio, he's great at working the count, has a knacky ability to know when to steal and gets his fair share of walks but he has negligible power, strikes out a lot and doesn't have great bat to ball skills.
    If he can prosuce those numbers early on then I dont mind moving him up quickly. I just did the chart based mainly off past year production. I dont neccesariliy think Teo next year will be as good as he was last year but I gave him 4th as a courtesy. I think he ends up being around 6th though by the end of it.

Good point on the QO's. If either of them play to their potential then offering them a QO should be a no brainer. I'd have no problem with either of them accepting or declining it. It's a win win.

As for arms, I believe we'll acquire at least 1 big arm through trade. Pearson and Manoah are the 2 candidates to be dealt. Both relievers turned starter and both are power pitchers with massive frames. I think the likelihood of Atkins trading SWR or Kloff is next to none. Those will be the 2 who become part of the rotation.
    You have a real hard on for dealing Pearson.

He is currently ranked #6 in the top 100 MLB prospects. No one thus far in the top 20 has been dealt. #23 Patino went for Snell. For Pearson at #6 with others in our farm #10-30 to be dealt based on the current prospect value among the MLB teams, you would expect to receive a return of a DeGroom, Bieber, Soroka, Buehler, Strasburg, and both of Castillo and Gray. Currently, outside of Cincy, I don't see any of those moving.

You may be undervaluing him and I hope Atkins isn't. Top 10 prospects don't get dealt (with multiple years of control at 525K) for the sake of a trade.
    Last edited by Chaotic98; 01-28-2021 at 10:56 AM.

I woulda traded Pearson for Wheeler but Philly looks to be trying for it.

Id be aiming higher personally.

Same, if they eat some money too lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Id be aiming higher personally.
    So would I but at the time he looked to be very realistic. Probably coulda got 1 of their other guys too.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast