Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who do you want leading off and why?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Springer

6 50.00%
  • Biggio

6 50.00%
  • Bichette

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Leads Off?

I voted Springer because he's been doing it for years and would be the most successful in that role. However, after looking into it some more, ****if he is open to it *****I have no issue hitting him 3rd. As good as he is with the bases empty and/or leading off an inning, he's even better with RISP. If you want to go:

Bichette
    Biggio
    Springer

I could see that. ..I would like to see Bichette free to use his speed a bit more on the bases. Biggio is always free to do what he wants as he seems to know when he can get a base and when he can't exceptionally well. Putting him in front of Springer doesn't change anything for him. Bichette was great hitting 1st in 2019 and hits a lot of doubles hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I voted Springer because he's been doing it for years and would be the most successful in that role. However, after looking into it some more, ****if he is open to it *****I have no issue hitting him 3rd. As good as he is with the bases empty and/or leading off an inning, he's even better with RISP. If you want to go:

Bichette
    Biggio
    Springer

I could see that. ..I would like to see Bichette free to use his speed a bit more on the bases. Biggio is always free to do what he wants as he seems to know when he can get a base and when he can't exceptionally well. Putting him in front of Springer doesn't change anything for him. Bichette was great hitting 1st in 2019 and hits a lot of doubles hitter.
    I really like that lineup too. Bichette's ability to hit the gaps. Biggio draws a walk. Springer knocks them in. I always like putting high OBP, lowerish power guys in the 2 hole when I create my video game lineups. Not to say Cavan can't hit for power, just not like some of these other fellas.

I'm honestly so happy that these are the problems we're now faced with.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I'm honestly so happy that these are the problems we're now faced with.
    Agreed. Such a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I really like that lineup too. Bichette's ability to hit the gaps. Biggio draws a walk. Springer knocks them in. I always like putting high OBP, lowerish power guys in the 2 hole when I create my video game lineups. Not to say Cavan can't hit for power, just not like some of these other fellas.
    Wouldnt you already want Biggio on base when Bichette hits the gaps? I think Biggio, Springer, Bichette is the lineup we should go with but I gotta think Biggio, Bichette, Soringer is more likely than Bichette, Biggio, Springer. Unless they wanna split LHH and RHH.

I expect the lineup around springer batting 2nd will change a lot until guys settle into specific spots. Still hoping vlad earns #4.

I expect the lineup around springer batting 2nd will change a lot until guys settle into specific spots. Still hoping vlad earns #4.
    Vlad, that is ultimately where you want him.

You go Bichette, Brantley, Springer, Guerrero, Biggio and then so on and so forth

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Wouldnt you already want Biggio on base when Bichette hits the gaps? I think Biggio, Springer, Bichette is the lineup we should go with but I gotta think Biggio, Bichette, Soringer is more likely than Bichette, Biggio, Springer. Unless they wanna split LHH and RHH.
    Well yea. I was pointing out how that lineup would work also.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    You go Bichette, Brantley, Springer, Guerrero, Biggio and then so on and so forth
    Brantley is in Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Well yea. I was pointing out how that lineup would work also.
    Ah okay. Yea that works too. Ultimately I think your 2nd hitter should be your most rounded hitter so thats probably springer atm with Bo probably coming in after him.

Biggio has a higher On-Base% than Springer (last year and career). Biggio walks a tonne. He had the 5th most walks in the league last year. He leads off and Springer comes up after him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanGuy View Post
    Biggio has a higher On-Base% than Springer (last year and career). Biggio walks a tonne. He had the 5th most walks in the league last year. He leads off and Springer comes up after him.
    Looking at Weighted On Base Avg, Springer is 20 points higher

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Ah okay. Yea that works too. Ultimately I think your 2nd hitter should be your most rounded hitter so thats probably springer atm with Bo probably coming in after him.
    In todays World yeah, that's generally how most teams operate. Our situation is special though. Not only is Bo a great hitter but he's got lightning speed. Taking speed out of the question and judging a player based on how they are in the batters box I'd take Springer over Bichette for the time being. He is the more complete hitter.

When you bring speed into the picture that changes things a little. Bo is faster than Springer. Much faster. We still don't know what his bat can do over a full season but what we do know is that speed never slumps. What we've seen from Bo's bat so far has been pretty great. More times than not the #2 and #3 hitters are going to have the same amount of ABs in a game.

The way I see it is you have 2 hitters who can both hit for average. 1 of them has 40HR potential with decent speed. The other hits gappers with 25-30HR potential along with blazing speed. More times than not they're both going to have the same amount of ABs in a game so you may as well put the faster guy first. With that being said I'd still be perfectly fine with Springer hitting 2nd.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

My preference is Springer over Bo as well. I think if Bo can sustain his performance over a full season, i can proceed with Bo at 2 the season after and move springer to 3rd ot 1st depending on how otgers cevelop or rest of team.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast