Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

How Good Are The LA Clippers?

Last season may have seemed a fluke and it just looks like they’ve learned from last season’s playoff debacle with a new leader at the helm in Ty Lue.

No joke but Luke Kennard has probably becoming the most underrated acquisition of the offseason in the NBA. He just fits so perfectly with what the clippers do. I also think the chemistry is much better with Ibaka compared to Trez.

Paul has something to prove and Kawhi is quietly doing Kawhi things as always. Marcus M is back into the fold of things.

From an all around perspective, health wise and motivation wise and the way they are dominating teams, the clippers to me right now look like the best in the West with the Lakers (still healing from just a 2 month championship layoff) as a close 2nd as they try to incorporate 5 new pieces to their rotation.

Right now, Ty Lue is my leading candidate for coach of the year.

I haven't seen them but I'm not impressed

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Good? Really good? I dunno. Do we really need a thread like this—I'm not sure the point of it. We know they're a top 3-4 team in the league and one of the two best in the West, but it doesn't really matter how good we think they are. If they're better than the Lakers, they'll prove it in the playoffs.

Gun to my head, I still think the Lakers are better. But I would hardly be shocked if the Clippers won the West and made it to the Finals. Tons of talent there obviously.

Im thinking they have to work harder to win whereas last year they coasted off of talent. TBH, I loved last years apathetic team but this team is more cohesive as a unit. If the defense doesn't pick up, they'll be worse off for it no matter how friendly everyone is with each other. Im hoping theyre still coasting abit because if this is their best, its Lakeshow in 5.

That said, Im starting to think PG is that kind of player who needs to be forced into taking reigns of an offense to get the best out of him. Last year he was very deferential, this year hes basically co captaining the offense now that Trez doesn't need his touches and we're limiting Louis minutes, PG really carries a much bigger load but he seems to enjoy it more.
    Im sure he'll have his annual slump shooting the ball but hes been playing as well as he did during his "Top3MVP" season. Similar thing happened that year, it was year 2 of a new team and they had just ditched Melo, making him more of a primary scoring option.

Reminds me of Doc J playing with loads of talent in his early NBA days, reluctant to take control of the team, deferring too much to George McGinnis among other scorers. When they surrounded him with defenders and featured him more, his game returned to its lofty ABA heights. He was too classy to just boss you around. Paul George is like that.
    Last edited by Chronz; 01-21-2021 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I haven't seen them but I'm not impressed
    Quality post.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Good? Really good? I dunno. Do we really need a thread like this—I'm not sure the point of it. We know they're a top 3-4 team in the league and one of the two best in the West, but it doesn't really matter how good we think they are. If they're better than the Lakers, they'll prove it in the playoffs.

Gun to my head, I still think the Lakers are better. But I would hardly be shocked if the Clippers won the West and made it to the Finals. Tons of talent there obviously.
    We're not overwhelmed with new threads at the moment.... let the man post

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    No joke but Luke Kennard has probably becoming the most underrated acquisition of the offseason in the NBA.
    CP3 to the Suns I think easily tops Kennard. Schroder to the Lakers, Covington to the Blazers, Seth Curry to the Sixers, Jrue Holiday to the Bucks, Josh Richardson to the Mavs, Christian Wood to the Rockets ... there were several moves having a bigger impact on their landing team than Kennard that had similar coverage as he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    CP3 to the Suns I think easily tops Kennard. Schroder to the Lakers, Covington to the Blazers, Seth Curry to the Sixers, Jrue Holiday to the Bucks, Josh Richardson to the Mavs, Christian Wood to the Rockets ... there were several moves having a bigger impact on their landing team than Kennard that had similar coverage as he did.
    IDK, there were some people saying we would miss Shamet or that its a net neutral move but Im thinking hes a significant upgrade. That would qualify as underrated. Right now, Im wondering if people(myself included) overrated the Blazers acquiring Covington.

If I was a Clippers fan I'd be scared of how good PG is playing right now for 2 reasons:

1) Management may become complacent and think the current squad is good enough.

2) Law of averages. If PG is in the 50/50/90 club now, just imagine, how hard of a crash do they need to brace for come playoff time?

The Clippers are as good as their defense takes them. You know PG will fall off a cliff at some important point in the playoffs and they won't be able to outscore opponents. They'll need to rely on their defense at that point. If they could swap a guy like Lou Williams for Terrence Ross that gives a good amount of scoring paired with better defense.

Nets in 3.

How Good Are The LA Clippers?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    not what underrated means

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 01-22-2021 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

they look pretty good, but they are also shooting 44% from 3. thats not going to hold for forever.

Personally, I think they are a good team, but their performance in this season so far has not been that impressive to me

I'm going to go out on a limb and say 12-4.

Doesn't matter until they win the finals.

And they won't. Lakers will beat them when it matters.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

They have the best record in the NBA and Kawhi is once again playing like the best player in the world.

It's Kawhi or KD's crown to take for best player on the planet.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast