Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Players like him and heís been there for a good amount of time. Just seems like a natural progression fit.

Iím not sure itís an obsession.
    RB coach to HC? Just because the players like you means you are fit to be a head coach? He has been here how many years and we never have once heard any glowing reports of his involvement in the offense, game planning, or whatever. I think he could be a HC in the Tomlin roll where he is a leader and leaves game planning to other coaches. I'd certainly prefer a coach with an offensive mindset who can call plays. To act like Duce has been getting screwed is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Luck was clearly not the same guy. And honestly he was a bit overrated too even before the injury. You could tell his heart wasnít in that last season though.
    What!? He was easily a Top 10 QB that season if not better.

You must have been listening to MTM too much.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I don't understand the obsession with Duce Staley. If he wasn't a former Eagles player no one would care about him.
    I agree there was a bit of a Duce obsession among the fans with some thinking he was the best candidate.

But in my opinion he's certainly more qualified to be Eagles HC than this Sirianni guy.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I agree there was a bit of a Duce obsession among the fans with some thinking he was the best candidate.

But in my opinion he's certainly more qualified to be Eagles HC than this Sirianni guy.
    You think the RB coach who didn't have much of a role in game planning is more qualified than an OC who was directly involved in game plans? Not to mention there are a good amount of glowing reports on Sirianni. Sirianni seems like a guy other teams had their eye on. Doesn't seem like there is any interest in Duce around the league.

Honestly, since he's being brought in to "fix" Wentz, I don't see him being here for more than 3 years.

The only way it would be longer is if Howie somehow pulls off two great draft classes, but that is very unlikely.

2021 is going to be bad so at least Sirianni will get a year to grow into his role as HC; he's gonna need it because results will be expected in 2022 and 2023.

You think the RB coach who didn't have much of a role in game planning is more qualified than an OC who was directly involved in game plans? Not to mention there are a good amount of glowing reports on Sirianni. Sirianni seems like a guy other teams had their eye on. Doesn't seem like there is any interest in Duce around the league.
    HC doesn't do game planning.

Weren't the Eagles the only team to interview Sirianni?

RB coach to HC? Just because the players like you means you are fit to be a head coach? He has been here how many years and we never have once heard any glowing reports of his involvement in the offense, game planning, or whatever. I think he could be a HC in the Tomlin roll where he is a leader and leaves game planning to other coaches. I'd certainly prefer a coach with an offensive mindset who can call plays. To act like Duce has been getting screwed is ridiculous.
    Assistant Head Coach

HC doesn't do game planning.

Weren't the Eagles the only team to interview Sirianni?
    Any coach that has an offensive mindset is certainly involved in the game planning. Sirianni may have been hired too early but teams around the league supposedly identified him as someone who would be a HC very soon. Lurie doesn't like getting rid of coaches. You have to think Sirianni, unless a complete failure, will get a decent leash here. If Howie ****s up another draft then I'd think he'd be the next one to go before the coach. What a awful situation for Sirianni though, it could very easily go terrible and not be his fault at all.

The roster is very talented.

They had Luck and won a playoff game but then got blown out by the Chiefs.
    They had Brissett and didn't make the playoffs.
    They had Rivers and made the playoffs but lost.

How is that overachieving?
    Iím not saying theyíre overachieving but definitely not underachieving either.
    The colts won 11 games this year. Most predictions had them winning less. Itís not like they were expected to win 13.
    If you put a gun to my head and forced me to choose I would say over rather then under.

Any coach that has an offensive mindset is certainly involved in the game planning. Sirianni may have been hired too early but teams around the league supposedly identified him as someone who would be a HC very soon. Lurie doesn't like getting rid of coaches. You have to think Sirianni, unless a complete failure, will get a decent leash here. If Howie ****s up another draft then I'd think he'd be the next one to go before the coach. What a awful situation for Sirianni though, it could very easily go terrible and not be his fault at all.
    Lurie fired the last HC after 4 years, and then one before after 3. I'd say these are medium-sized leashes.

As I said I think Sirianni will get 3 years, but if he doesn't turn out to be amazing (unlikely), gets Wentz to live up to his contract (unlikely), or Howie aces 2+ drafts (unlikely) he's probably gone after 3.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Iím not saying theyíre overachieving but definitely not underachieving either.
    The colts won 11 games this year. Most predictions had them winning less. Itís not like they were expected to win 13.
    If you put a gun to my head and forced me to choose I would say over rather then under.
    I'm not sure who thought the Colts didn't have a playoff-caliber roster before the season.

My point all along is that the coaches haven't really elevated the talent on the team. Most coaches don't, so not underachieving is already a success. But they weren't overachieving either -- at least in my opinion.

Lurie fired the last HC after 4 years, and then one before after 3. I'd say these are medium-sized leashes.

As I said I think Sirianni will get 3 years, but if he doesn't turn out to be amazing (unlikely), gets Wentz to live up to his contract (unlikely), or Howie aces 2+ drafts (unlikely) he's probably gone after 3.

I'm not sure who thought the Colts didn't have a playoff-caliber roster before the season.

My point all along is that the coaches haven't really elevated the talent on the team. Most coaches don't, so not underachieving is already a success. But they weren't overachieving either -- at least in my opinion.
    Yeah and I think Chip Kelly was a pretty extreme circumstance and I don't think he had any intention to fire Doug until Doug showed his complete ineptitude by proposing a coaching staff by just promoting people.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    you don't suppose his success as a HC had anything to do with it?
    No... By all accounts Lurie and Roseman are not the type to admit they were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Yeah, the colts have certainly over achieved if anything.
    Overachieved? How exactly? Lulz

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Overachieved? How exactly? Lulz
    Broken Luck
    Brissuck
    90 year old Rivers

The more I read about Nick the more I love the hire.

Time will tell.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast