Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    I think we gonna need someone unbiased to say whether Pederson was able to choose his own coaching staff or not.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Yeah, exactly! You weren't able to pick your project team.
    I picked it.

I did a bad job at it.

Doug got to pick them. He just did it poorly costing himself a job. His incompetence is to blame.

It sounds like he was allowed to pick the way Tomlin was allowed to pick Ariens, then Haley, then Fichtner. Given a slim list and told to pick from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It sounds like he was allowed to pick the way Tomlin was allowed to pick Ariens, then Haley, then Fichtner. Given a slim list and told to pick from that.

Not the case.

He was allowed to pick who he wanted, he just screwed up so bad they had to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Not the case.

He was allowed to pick who he wanted, he just screwed up so bad they had to do something about it.
    Either it was his decision or not. It obviously wasn’t.
    Having input or a first try at it does not make it his decision.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    It also doesn’t mean he’s not allowed to either.

He didn’t have sole choice in picking his staff but he also didn’t have no choice either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    If mariner4life and I agree on something, it is true. That's a rule.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    It also doesn’t mean he’s not allowed to either.

He didn’t have sole choice in picking his staff but he also didn’t have no choice either.

That’s why I made the reference to Tomlin. The OCs have been his call, as long as the Rooney’s approved it first. Wouldn’t be shocked if that’s what happened in Philly.

That’s why I made the reference to Tomlin. The OCs have been his call, as long as the Rooney’s approved it first. Wouldn’t be shocked if that’s what happened in Philly.
    Pederson's suggestions for the coordinator positions were leaked, and a few hours later he was fired.

The leak has to be from someone on Lurie's side, because all they did was Pederson look bad. OC: Taylor, DC: Burke or Undlin. I actually expected Taylor and Undlin even before the leak. If you compare Undlin and Gannon, Undlin has the much better track record as a DBs coach, having helped develop the Broncos secondary that eventually won a SB. But apparently one is a fireable offense and the other is a good hire.

What really happened between Pederson's suggestions and his firing is anyone's guess. I assume he stuck to his guns and that's why he was fired. Lurie fired Groh just the year before after Pederson said in a press conference that Groh would be back as OC.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 01-25-2021 at 12:47 PM.

Duce Staley leaves to join the Lions staff.

Shane Steichen to becomes Eagles OC.

Looking at his resume, he's like a copy of Press Taylor.

The head coach is by far the most qualified in hiring coordinators. Not the owner, the GM, players or fans. Either this is respected or not.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Pederson's suggestions for the coordinator positions were leaked, and a few hours later he was fired.

The leak has to be from someone on Lurie's side, because all they did was Pederson look bad. OC: Taylor, DC: Burke or Undlin. I actually expected Taylor and Undlin even before the leak. If you compare Undlin and Gannon, Undlin has the much better track record as a DBs coach, having helped develop the Broncos secondary that eventually won a SB. But apparently one is a fireable offense and the other is a good hire.

What really happened between Pederson's suggestions and his firing is anyone's guess. I assume he stuck to his guns and that's why he was fired. Lurie fired Groh just the year before after Pederson said in a press conference that Groh would be back as OC.
    My outsider/don’t really follow them perspective is Lurie wants “control” over what’s going on. So if the assistants are “loyal” to the HC because they were the HCs guy then Lurie would have less “control” over his team.

Although I do wonder how much is purely Lurie and how much is Lurie being a mouthpiece for Roseman.

My outsider/don’t really follow them perspective is Lurie wants “control” over what’s going on. So if the assistants are “loyal” to the HC because they were the HCs guy then Lurie would have less “control” over his team.

Although I do wonder how much is purely Lurie and how much is Lurie being a mouthpiece for Roseman.

Every hire has been a nick sirianni guy so far so I wouldn’t say this has been proven yet

I don’t know what happened with Doug. Listening to eagles reporters Doug didn’t really have a list in 2016 because he only worked with Andy

So the eagles had to kinda give him names to approve.

Even listening to them talk about Andy, Andy didn’t have names but he found people to put together.

It’s all hearsay

I’d say I’m pretty surprised at how every sirianni hire has been one of his guys. I wasn’t expecting that at all

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Every hire has been a nick sirianni guy so far so I wouldn’t say this has been proven yet

I don’t know what happened with Doug. Listening to eagles reporters Doug didn’t really have a list in 2016 because he only worked with Andy

So the eagles had to kinda give him names to approve.

Even listening to them talk about Andy, Andy didn’t have names but he found people to put together.

It’s all hearsay

I’d say I’m pretty surprised at how every sirianni hire has been one of his guys. I wasn’t expecting that at all
    They are the people he worked with. How is that a bad thing for Pederson but a good thing for Sirianni?

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast