Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Maybe he changed since then, became born-again or something like that. Isn't Andy Reid all about second chances for religious reasons?

Either way, it's been reported Lurie didn't want another hire out of the Andy Reid tree.
    No thanks to women beaters.

I've said before that I think the Colts since Reich was hired have under-performed given the level of talent on the team.
    They've done about as well as expected given their QB situation. Brissett isn't great and Rivers is good enough to get you to the playoffs. It's a QB league, you are as good as your quarterback is in most cases.
    Last edited by ugottabjoshinme; 01-22-2021 at 10:43 AM.

Yeah, the colts have certainly over achieved if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Yeah, the colts have certainly over achieved if anything.
    How have they overachieved? They won nothing of importance despite a very talented roster.

You don't think the Cowboys have overachieved from 2016-2018, do you?

Yeah, but Luck didn't suddenly suck just because he had an injury. That was evident on the field. He was still a top-tier QB. So what if Brissett isn't very good; the talent on the team still was and they had some pretty bad losses that year, particularly the last one when they still had a chance of making the playoffs but Minshew took them behind the woodshed. Rivers is who he is, but the Colts are in QB purgatory now and I don't know who they can find that is going to give them better result. They pretty much have to hope on hitting on a draft pick, but they aren't in position to draft a big talent without giving up a lot of draft picks.

It's not hate. I just don't think Reich is very good. He wasn't that good as Chargers OC either. He gets results that equal the talent of his roster. So yeah, it could be worse. He probably is a good leader. But does that drip down to his OC? I guess we'll see.

I don't get the excitement over the hire.

Plus it's downright disrespectful to Duce Staley. But Lurie/Roseman definitely found their yes-man who might fix Wentz, which seems to have been the objective of this search, so good on them.
    I mean for me my excitement had very little to do with reich. What someone learns from the HC is important but they arenít that HC

Andy Reidís guys succeed better than belichicks guys because Andy clearly has them be their own person. Everyone of them is different than Andy and the last guy

And so for sirianni my excitement started like 3 days ago before he was hired when I read up about him, saw what people said, and watched a few interviews

Iím not saying I wouldnít have been just as happy if they hired Duce. I wouldíve

Mcdaniels wouldíve scared me, and the other names were useless

This isnít about lurie or roseman for me either. Itís entirely based on how he seemed to read off the page and came off on interviews

Idk if itíll be the right hire but Iím more optimistic than I was when they were interviewing some of these other guys like Bowles and Dennis allen

How have they overachieved? They won nothing of importance despite a very talented roster.

You don't think the Cowboys have overachieved from 2016-2018, do you?
    I think your overrating the colts level of talent.
    Especially when you consider QB is the most important position.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Except I thought reports were that they wanted to fire Reich before 2017? Why do they apparently have this respect for him now?
    Because of the year they had in 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've said before that I think the Colts since Reich was hired have under-performed given the level of talent on the team.
    Their problem has been the QB position and a slightly overrated defense. Coaching hasnít been their problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Eric B wasnít hired because heís a scum *** POS.
    His team is also still playing so that factors in too. It yea, there is the scumbag factor.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I think your overrating the colts level of talent.
    Especially when you consider QB is the most important position.
    The roster is very talented.

They had Luck and won a playoff game but then got blown out by the Chiefs.
    They had Brissett and didn't make the playoffs.
    They had Rivers and made the playoffs but lost.

How is that overachieving?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Their problem has been the QB position and a slightly overrated defense. Coaching hasnít been their problem.
    I'm not saying coaching is a problem; just that the coaching isn't anything special.

Andrew Luck was a top-level QB despite the injury rehab and they got blown out by the Chiefs in the playoffs.

Brissett isn't some bum and that team in 2019 still had enough talent to at least make the playoffs.

Blaming Rivers for this season's playoff loss seems like a lazy argument. Even if choking in the playoffs is a habit he can't shake, it's still this coaching staff who chose him.
    Luck was clearly not the same guy. And honestly he was a bit overrated too even before the injury. You could tell his heart wasnít in that last season though.

Brissett is a JAG (just a guy). Is he terrible? No, but heís also not great. He might not lose the game for you but heís definitely not winning the game for you either. Middle of the road career backup QBs all he really is.

Rivers is what Rivers always is. Well an old version of what he has always been. Puts up good-great numbers in the regular season but is not a great leader and is definitely not a great playoff QB.

I don't understand the obsession with Duce Staley. If he wasn't a former Eagles player no one would care about him.

I'm not saying coaching is a problem; just that the coaching isn't anything special.
    I would like to see that Colts team with an elite QB. They would be right in the playoff mix if they had Deshaun Watson.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I don't understand the obsession with Duce Staley. If he wasn't a former Eagles player no one would care about him.
    Players like him and heís been there for a good amount of time. Just seems like a natural progression fit.

Iím not sure itís an obsession.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast