Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    does it really matter? wentz is uncoachable and a diva
    Well, he's only a HC so if he can't fix Wentz, Lurie would have rather wasted the like $10 million on him than the $30 million on Wentz. That's really what it comes down to... and the ability to pick the entire coaching staff instead of the HC.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    I thought Duece was the easy choice here . Players love him he could have brought what seems like a troubled Lockeroom together
    Yeah, if you read the Inquirer article you know why Duce wasn't the choice. And it's a stupid reason.

Just as stupid as Lurie not wanting to hire someone from the Andy Reid tree again, which eliminated Eric Bieniemy.

So two very stupid reasons to not hire these particular coaches? You know what that smells like.

I'm still an Eagles fan but the owner is pissing me off. So I'll go ahead and suspend my fandom while this **** is going on.

I swear there are Eagles fans excited about this hire who never even heard of this guy when the coaching search began. But that's how the NFL works. Gotta sell hope.

I don't like the hire. I don't hate it. Its whatever

My guy was Joe Brady.

I've said before that I think the Colts since Reich was hired have under-performed given the level of talent on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    I thought Duece was the easy choice here . Players love him he could have brought what seems like a troubled Lockeroom together
    Here might be why Duce wasn't promoted to HC.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inq...ype=amp?espv=1

I like the Sirianna hire but would prefer Reich instead

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Well, he's only a HC so if he can't fix Wentz, Lurie would have rather wasted the like $10 million on him than the $30 million on Wentz. That's really what it comes down to... and the ability to pick the entire coaching staff instead of the HC.

Yeah, if you read the Inquirer article you know why Duce wasn't the choice. And it's a stupid reason.

Just as stupid as Lurie not wanting to hire someone from the Andy Reid tree again, which eliminated Eric Bieniemy.

So two very stupid reasons to not hire these particular coaches? You know what that smells like.

I'm still an Eagles fan but the owner is pissing me off. So I'll go ahead and suspend my fandom while this **** is going on.
    Eric B wasnít hired because heís a scum *** POS.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Eric B wasnít hired because heís a scum *** POS.
    Maybe he changed since then, became born-again or something like that. Isn't Andy Reid all about second chances for religious reasons?

Either way, it's been reported Lurie didn't want another hire out of the Andy Reid tree.

It's not Andy's tree but Bieniemys rap sheet.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spo.../%3famp?espv=1

I wouldn't hire any coach to be my HC with an assault charge no matter who it is. If Stefanski had a rap sheet like that, i wouldn't hire him now either even tho he will likely wim coach of the year. I have standards for a HC that they must not crossed

I've said before that I think the Colts since Reich was hired have under-performed given the level of talent on the team.
    I disagree

They had Andrew luck in 2018 coming off a pretty substantial shoulder injury and he still had Andrew playing very well despite him having clearly lost quite a bit of arm. 2019 Andrew luck retire on them out of left field and they had to go with jacoby brisett (canít underachieve with jacoby brisett as the starter)

And last season they had Phillip rivers who seemingly always comes up short in the playoffs

If anything Iíd argue theyíve overachieved

I swear there are Eagles fans excited about this hire who never even heard of this guy when the coaching search began. But that's how the NFL works. Gotta sell hope.
    Iíll say in my defense. I was on the sirianni train 2-3 days ago before he was hired after I did some research on him

Preferred him over mcdaniels and Brady once I looked into it

Didnít want EB. I mean if he choked women thatís a hard one to be ďreformedĒ over

The eagles arenít the only ones not interviewing him. No one wanted to

Duce was my #1 for more of the search wouldíve been thrilled with him

So apparently the source for the supposed Josh McDaniels hire was an assistant coach who was told he'd be fired if the hire went through.

Then there was the news about Stoutland getting the Alabama OL job, but that fell through as well.

So it seems like Lurie chose the coaching staff over the HC again, although in this case I can't blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I disagree

They had Andrew luck in 2018 coming off a pretty substantial shoulder injury and he still had Andrew playing very well despite him having clearly lost quite a bit of arm. 2019 Andrew luck retire on them out of left field and they had to go with jacoby brisett (canít underachieve with jacoby brisett as the starter)

And last season they had Phillip rivers who seemingly always comes up short in the playoffs

If anything Iíd argue theyíve overachieved
    Andrew Luck was a top-level QB despite the injury rehab and they got blown out by the Chiefs in the playoffs.

Brissett isn't some bum and that team in 2019 still had enough talent to at least make the playoffs.

Blaming Rivers for this season's playoff loss seems like a lazy argument. Even if choking in the playoffs is a habit he can't shake, it's still this coaching staff who chose him.

Andrew Luck was a top-level QB despite the injury rehab and they got blown out by the Chiefs in the playoffs.

Brissett isn't some bum and that team in 2019 still had enough talent to at least make the playoffs.

Blaming Rivers for this season's playoff loss seems like a lazy argument. Even if choking in the playoffs is a habit he can't shake, it's still this coaching staff who chose him.
    I mean ya itís the chiefs. The year mahomes took the league by storm and tossed 50 TDs

The colts were what? 1 year removed from going 4-12 with jacoby brisett

Frank reich comes in with Andrew luck and takes them to the playoffs. They lose to a team that was basically 1 season from becoming the unstoppable powerhouse they are

Next season Andrew luck retires on the fly. Iím not sure how reich is expected to take jacoby brisett (who again led the colts to 4-12 only 2 years prior)
    And he gets them to 7-9 and brisett by most accounts would be considered ranking in the 20-32 range of QBs

Nobodies putting him in the top 15. Were there any times in the playoffs this season without a top 15 QB? Maybe 2 colts and bears

Itís a QB league. Reich doesnít have one

Iím not blaming rivers but rivers is a QB that at 39 can only take you so far.

I donít get the reich hate

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I mean ya itís the chiefs. The year mahomes took the league by storm and tossed 50 TDs

The colts were what? 1 year removed from going 4-12 with jacoby brisett

Frank reich comes in with Andrew luck and takes them to the playoffs. They lose to a team that was basically 1 season from becoming the unstoppable powerhouse they are

Next season Andrew luck retires on the fly. Iím not sure how reich is expected to take jacoby brisett (who again led the colts to 4-12 only 2 years prior)
    And he gets them to 7-9 and brisett by most accounts would be considered ranking in the 20-32 range of QBs

Nobodies putting him in the top 15. Were there any times in the playoffs this season without a top 15 QB? Maybe 2 colts and bears

Itís a QB league. Reich doesnít have one

Iím not blaming rivers but rivers is a QB that at 39 can only take you so far.

I donít get the reich hate
    Yeah, but Luck didn't suddenly suck just because he had an injury. That was evident on the field. He was still a top-tier QB. So what if Brissett isn't very good; the talent on the team still was and they had some pretty bad losses that year, particularly the last one when they still had a chance of making the playoffs but Minshew took them behind the woodshed. Rivers is who he is, but the Colts are in QB purgatory now and I don't know who they can find that is going to give them better result. They pretty much have to hope on hitting on a draft pick, but they aren't in position to draft a big talent without giving up a lot of draft picks.

It's not hate. I just don't think Reich is very good. He wasn't that good as Chargers OC either. He gets results that equal the talent of his roster. So yeah, it could be worse. He probably is a good leader. But does that drip down to his OC? I guess we'll see.

I don't get the excitement over the hire.

Plus it's downright disrespectful to Duce Staley. But Lurie/Roseman definitely found their yes-man who might fix Wentz, which seems to have been the objective of this search, so good on them.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 01-22-2021 at 03:50 AM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast