Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB Eagles
    Even if we assume the Colts offense has overachieved and Sirianni is a great game-planner, that doesn't make someone a good HC.
    Well yeah, the only way they can prove they're a good HC is by succeeding as an HC, nobody is gonna argue with that. I'm not saying he's a great hire or even betting he'll be decent. But you typically gauge an HC candidate by how they perform as a coordinator (or sometimes assistant HC or college HC). Being a coordinator isn't the same as being an HC, but it's a significantly bigger role with more moving pieces than a positional coach.

As far as I can tell the biggest knock against Sirianni as a candidate is he's a non-play calling OC, but he's allegedly got a heavy hand in the play design, gameplan, and situational play options to the point Reich gave him credit for one of their wins based on a look he saw on certain down and distance in a key part of a close game. 3 years as a successful non-play calling OC has precedence, particularly under Andy Reid; his OC's have gotten HC jobs in 2-4 years (Childress (4), Nagy (2), Pederson (3)) and EB probably will have an HC gig this year or next year if his off-field baggage isn't preventing that.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    DC under an offensive HC is a higher position than OC under an offensive HC though. Plus Joseph had the longer coaching career.

Like I said, I think the Colts offense has exactly "achieved" relative to their QB. Not over/under. Rivers wasn't that good in 2019 but he had a career year in 2018. Brissett isn't anything special but they gave him a contract extension with $20 million guaranteed, so they can't think he's a total bum. Luck was great in 2018.

Even if we assume the Colts offense has overachieved and Sirianni is a great game-planner, that doesn't make someone a good HC.
    This. An oc under an offensive hc is just a glorified position coach

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    To be fair the 2018 Colts started 1-5 and still made the playoffs. Luck the first few games when he came back that year had no arm strength. He built it up as the year went on but I remember seeing some crazy stat where he didn't throw a ball past 40 yards those first four games or so that year. As Luck built up his arm, he was much better and the team was much better. They ended the season winning 9 of their last 10 games.
    Luck threw for 464 yards, 4 TD in week 4 against the Texans. If he did that without being able to lob a ball more than 40 yards, that's even more impressive.

Get rid of Wentz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    This. An oc under an offensive hc is just a glorified position coach
    I mean andy Reid was a TE, OL coach and a QB coach and then was hired

Doug was an OC under andy Reid and didnít call plays

Good HCs come from all kinds of origins

Iím just not a believer that hiring HCs is a science

Itís all about the interview and what you hear from people whoíve worked with the candidate.

I think an understated element to this is that the Colts run essentially the same offense, the Pederson/Reich offense. At least the terminology is the same. So in that regard nothing really changes for Wentz (and Hurts). Much of the coaching staff will remain. Seemingly it's all about exchanging the HC while having as little change as possible in other regards. Sirianni just appears to be the new yes-man. Let's hope he doesn't win a Super Bowl or he might develop the audacity of wanting to choose his coordinators.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 01-23-2021 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Get rid of Wentz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why? Sirianni needs to be given a chance to see if his approach can light a fire on Wentz to play like an MVP once again.

Flores got rid of Tannehill and traded for Rosen as his first order of business as HC. Following that same path can lead to regret which im sure Flores wish he had Tannehill back now.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I think an understated element to this is that the Colts run essentially the same offense, the Pederson/Reich offense. At least the terminology is the same. So in that regard nothing really changes for Wentz (and Hurts). Much of the coaching staff will remain. Seemingly it's all about exchanging the HC while having as little change as possible in other regards. Sirianni just appears to be the new yes-man. Let's hope he doesn't win a Super Bowl or he might develop the audacity of wanting to choose his coordinators.
    So salty.

Whoís your new team?

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I mean andy Reid was a TE, OL coach and a QB coach and then was hired

Doug was an OC under andy Reid and didnít call plays

Good HCs come from all kinds of origins

Iím just not a believer that hiring HCs is a science

Itís all about the interview and what you hear from people whoíve worked with the candidate.
    It's funny because it feels like the Eagles are continually trying to find their Andy Reid but they just keep getting these cheap knockoffs. It feels like their biggest regret is letting Fat Andy go

It's funny because it feels like the Eagles are continually trying to find their Andy Reid but they just keep getting these cheap knockoffs. It feels like their biggest regret is letting Fat Andy go
    Iím sure they regret it on some level absolutely. The eagles also like to hire guys that they like regardless of what they seem like to the outside

Now thereís examples from the eagles where this either isnít the case and theyíre going to really whiff on a coach eventually. Maybe itís sirianni? Idk

But Iím at least excited to see what sirianni brings to the table

Why? They won without him.

It was time for him to go.

Nick Sirianni to the Eagles

It was best for both sides to move on at that time. Andy was getting repetitive with his offense so when he was let go he was forced to change things up a bit. The eagles on the other hand, obviously they are in a much worse spot right now but they have won a super bowl after the divorce with Andy Reid so I wouldnít call it ďtheir biggest regretĒ. But do they wish they had him now? Yeah, Iím sure.lol

I dunno, Doug's 2017 is one of the greatest coached seasons I've ever seen. I think Reid is arguably the best offensive coach ever, but no way he wins in 2017 with the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Why? They won without him.

It was time for him to go.
    Not saying it wasn't... But even the hiring of Pederson shows they were trying to find another Andy Reid lol

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I dunno, Doug's 2017 is one of the greatest coached seasons I've ever seen. I think Reid is arguably the best offensive coach ever, but no way he wins in 2017 with the Eagles.
    Hard to say. Wentz would likely look 10x better with Reid

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast