Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Trademarking #AskSiri

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I want a traditional OC.
    That was an unrealistic expectation. Idk the actual number but Iím pretty sure thereís minimal offensive head coaches that arenít playcallers in the nfl right now if any at all

Iím fine with sirianni calling plays. I was expecting it anyway to be honest. Heís never done it before but that doesnít mean heís incapable of doing it.

Yikes, I dont know if he was nervous but he's getting absolutely roasted on the interwebz for his presser.
    Not a good start thus far.
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Yikes, I dont know if he was nervous but he's getting absolutely roasted on the interwebz for his presser.
    Not a good start thus far.
    So did Andy, so did Doug

Chip won the press conference

I wouldnít look into it at all. His success or failure will have 0 to do with his presser

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    So did Andy, so did Doug

I wouldnít look into it at all. His success or failure will have 0 to do with his presser
    This.

So did Andy, so did Doug

Sean McDermott was absolutely blasted for his. Dude has absolutely helped turn the Bills around.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Let's hope the trend continues then, but we're going to hear a lot of crap until the season begins about him unfortunately.
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Sean McDermott was absolutely blasted for his. Dude has absolutely helped turn the Bills around.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Ya unless youíre adam gase looking like you bathed in crystal meth before the presser itís not worth putting much stock into it

Let's hope the trend continues then, but we're going to hear a lot of crap until the season begins about him unfortunately.
    We already have

Everyone thinks the hiring sucks. Iím not concerned. I actually like Siriannis vibe. Seems like a good dude. I really hope it works out

The Eagles have a new coach - Nick Sirianni

Pretty much any head coaching hire would be criticized, thatís just how it is. The eagles head coach position is currently one of the least desirable jobs in the league. Gotta deal with a power hungry GM that is awful at drafting, no cap space, and a possibly broken QB that is just now in 2021 entering the first year of his 4/128mill contract extension... weeeoooh!

I honestly think getting a guy like sirianni and the coaching staff that he has put together has been pretty good considering the circumstances. Obviously that is just pure speculation at this point, but I havenít seen anything yet that screams this will be a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Pretty much any head coaching hire would be criticized, thatís just how it is. The eagles head coach position is currently one of the least desirable jobs in the league. Gotta deal with a power hungry GM that is awful at drafting, no cap space, and a possibly broken QB that is just now in 2021 entering the first year of his 4/128mill contract extension... weeeoooh!

I honestly think getting a guy like sirianni and the coaching staff that he has put together has been pretty good considering the circumstances. Obviously that is just pure speculation at this point, but I havenít seen anything yet that screams this will be a failure.
    I still think the eagles job is in the top 15 jobs in the nfl. In 2022 itíll probably be back in the top 10

I think too much of this if a jobs good or not is shortsighted

Like I kept seeing stuff like the jets are a good job. Why? Because they have cap space and a high draft pick? Theyíve also been a pinnacle of futility for like 30+ years

I think at the end of the day long term success matters and the eagles have made the playoffs 13/20 years with 3 different coaches and 2 GMs all having to come in and build it from the ground up

Are they the perfect job? No. The media and fan base are a lot and in 2021 itís a tough racket, but to think itís a bad job is only focusing on 2021.

I still think the eagles job is in the top 15 jobs in the nfl. In 2022 itíll probably be back in the top 10

I think too much of this if a jobs good or not is shortsighted

Like I kept seeing stuff like the jets are a good job. Why? Because they have cap space and a high draft pick? Theyíve also been a pinnacle of futility for like 30+ years

I think at the end of the day long term success matters and the eagles have made the playoffs 13/20 years with 3 different coaches and 2 GMs all having to come in and build it from the ground up

Are they the perfect job? No. The media and fan base are a lot and in 2021 itís a tough racket, but to think itís a bad job is only focusing on 2021.
    So yeah, it might not be the worst situation to come into in the league, but you mentioned the jets for example. The jets have a ton of salary cap (projected 71mill in cap space versus the eagles being projected 55mill over the salary cap). The jets have a young general manager who seems to be doing a good job so far and the eagles have a general manager that has clashed with the last 3 head coaches. Not fun for an incoming head coach. The jets also have a young team, Iím not sure any of their players are over 30. The eagles on the other hand have a lot of their best players over 30. The jets are also in position to take a pretty good QB prospect in the draft if they want whereas I think the eagles probably wonít consider it because they have a broken QB that is entering his 4/128mill contract this year and also a young QB that might never be really good at throwing the football.

These things make the jets more attractive for the next 2-3 years because most coaches will probably think that itíll take the eagles that long at least to rebuild a roster that can compete given the circumstances (bad QB situation, no salary cap space, bad GM etc). Head coaches usually donít last too much longer than that unless they really exceed expectations. Can the eagles do it faster? Perhaps, but it doesnít look good at the moment.. And Iím a huge eagles fan but Iím also trying to be realistic here. Yes the eagles recent history is better than the jets but what does that matter when most of the eagles players from the super bowl are over 30 and in decline? Why would that be attractive to an incoming head coach? Zach ertz who caught the game winning TD pass in the super bowl is probably getting traded this offseason, Iím not sure that is exciting for a guy that is gonna coach this team.

The fact that pretty much every team interviewed or wanted to interview Robert saleh for head coach and the eagles are the only team to interview nick sirianni leads me to believe which situation was more attractive at the moment. Iím not saying that means saleh is a better option than sirianni because I actually do really like the sirianni hire, but every team was interested in saleh so he coulda gone pretty much anywhere and he chose the jets whereas sirianni only got serious interest from the eagles.

Itís not just recent history. Some franchises are just steeped in futility. For the eagles to go
    To the playoffs 13/20 years with 3 different coaches and 3 separate roster rebuilds with 2 separate GMs is a sign of organizational success

Sure you could argue failure is coming at some point but my general point is if I was a betting man Iíd bet on the eagles to turn it around before the jets for example

Regardless of cap space and draft position and youth on the team.

It seems ridiculous but you see this in all sports. Certain franchises just are more consistent at building winning teams

The eagles are one of those.

The Eagles have a new coach - Nick Sirianni

Itís not just recent history. Some franchises are just steeped in futility. For the eagles to go
    To the playoffs 13/20 years with 3 different coaches and 3 separate roster rebuilds with 2 separate GMs is a sign of organizational success

Sure you could argue failure is coming at some point but my general point is if I was a betting man Iíd bet on the eagles to turn it around before the jets for example

Regardless of cap space and draft position and youth on the team.

It seems ridiculous but you see this in all sports. Certain franchises just are more consistent at building winning teams

The eagles are one of those.
    Well, 10 of those 13 playoff appearances were under Andy Reid who is now looking like one of the best coaches in nfl history.

I also donít think that previous history necessarily determine future outcomes. Sometimes but not always. For example (random fact) by the year 1918 the Boston Red Sox had 5 World Series wins in the previous 15 years. Thatís much better than what the eagles have done the last 20 years. The Red Sox then traded babe Ruth to the Yankees after the 1919 season and then the Red Sox didnít have another World Series win in nearly 90 years (till 2004). The Yankees on the other hand, hadnít won a World Series up until the time of that babe Ruth trade. Since that trade, the Yankees have won 27 World Series in 100 years which is a professional sports record. Iím not saying this is the direction that the eagles and jets will take, but itís just an example that previous history doesnít necessarily determine what happens in the future, things can change in a hurry.

All that being said, I also donít necessarily disagree with the thought that the eagles will rebuild faster than the jets but we are both eagles fans and not everybody feels that way. The immediate route to a proper rebuild in my opinion comes with free agency, proper cap space management, draft, player development, and a competent GM for player acquisition. Iíd say the jets have the advantage in most of those areas at the moment and I think coaches probably feel the same.
    Last edited by QQQ; 01-30-2021 at 07:10 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456