Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    No other team ever interviews him for any coaching positions, what does he think of himself.

Not a big loss IMO
    He apparently has options. I do think it's a loss, however. Players love him.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    He apparently has options. I do think it's a loss, however. Players love him.

Its life, another Duce will emerge. We have a new coach and almost new staff, players will get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Its life, another Duce will emerge. We have a new coach and almost new staff, players will get over it.
    That's true. I'm just saying that we shouldn't dismiss this as a nothing loss. Duce has been around for a while. Other teams are clearly interested. Players really love him.

Is he replaceable? Probably. Do I blame him? No. But we shouldn't be so dismissive of his leaving, either. Probably will sting on some level. I hope he gets a legit shot to run an offense and prove himself. He's paid his dues.

I think players will get over the loss of Duce. The eagles are bringing in a staff that seems like players will want to play for

That's true. I'm just saying that we shouldn't dismiss this as a nothing loss. Duce has been around for a while. Other teams are clearly interested. Players really love him.

Is he replaceable? Probably. Do I blame him? No. But we shouldn't be so dismissive of his leaving, either. Probably will sting on some level. I hope he gets a legit shot to run an offense and prove himself. He's paid his dues.

There's hundreds of millions of coaches who are in the same situation as Duce. We just speak on his behalf because he's on our staff.

But the Niners RB coach is the real MVP. Years and years of developing and implementing good running backs and run designs and yet I think he's in his 60s and Niners "promoted" him to offensive coordinator because Saleh woildve probably stole him.

Theres many more examples. If Duce was a similar RB whisperer, then I'd understand but he's nowhere close so as a fan its whatever.

I rather overhaul this whole thing, have an amazing draft, fix our cap and compete again.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

The Eagles have a new coach - Nick Sirianni

I honestly thought Duce was on his way out if eagles didnít hire him as head coach. This is now I think the 3rd time that the eagles have used him for the Rooney rule in the hiring process. Duce should be pissed off in my opinion. If I were him Iíd go somewhere that he can get his hands on more of the offense so that other teams will start to have him on their radar.

There's hundreds of millions of coaches who are in the same situation as Duce. We just speak on his behalf because he's on our staff.

But the Niners RB coach is the real MVP. Years and years of developing and implementing good running backs and run designs and yet I think he's in his 60s and Niners "promoted" him to offensive coordinator because Saleh woildve probably stole him.

Theres many more examples. If Duce was a similar RB whisperer, then I'd understand but he's nowhere close so as a fan its whatever.

I rather overhaul this whole thing, have an amazing draft, fix our cap and compete again.
    I mean, I'm not sure he's not a "RB whisperer". Miles Sanders is a good RB. We've gotten more than we could have expected from guys like Byron Scott and Corey Clement. Jay Ajayai and Jordan Howard left here and immediately became worthless. The Eagles have produced RB's who have played well here pretty consistently. The way the Eagles have used their RB's have been questionable, but I don't know who that is on.

I think this is a really hot take. That's the issue I have. Hot takes are silly. The truth lies in the between. I won't say how good or not good of a coach Staley is, but instead I'll speak to the things that seem obvious; he's worked his way up, paid his dues. He's made it multiple coaching staffs. His players, both current and former were going to bat for him. He's earned a spot as a coordinator somewhere.

I'm not blaming him for wanting to leave, and I'm not blaming the Eagles for not retaining him. Or not hiring him. But I think it's really dismissive to just immediately go "eh, whatever, no big loss" like there isn't some potential there. I'm not sure how he'd run a team, or an offense, and I think he's an unknown there. But for all of the excitement Gannon is currently getting, it isn't like Staley's resume is really much different than his. I hope Duce is a great coach for his sake; he seems like a pretty good dude, and players love him.

liking what Sirianni has brought to the table early as far as staffing. OC is the big kahuna as we have no clue if nick is calling plays or not

IF its Steichen I think Steichen will call plays and nick will be more of a CEO head coach

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    liking what Sirianni has brought to the table early as far as staffing. OC is the big kahuna as we have no clue if nick is calling plays or not

IF its Steichen I think Steichen will call plays and nick will be more of a CEO head coach
    I don't dislike anything, but I'm not overjoyed either. I think the Eagles are taking a lot of chances here, and I'm not necessarily against them, but there's a lot of guys who will all be learning on the job, together. That can create a cohesive staff. It can also allow added confusion and what not. It's not a complaint, just stating that a lot of what these guys are bringing to the table will remain under "unknown" status for a while. There will probably be growing pains and learning.

I think they're doing a fairly good job, but with all of the unknowns, I'm going to remain fairly tepid/mild without going too hot or cold on anything. There's a lot of potential, and that's good. With hope, these are all guys who will handle the promotions well.

I don't dislike anything, but I'm not overjoyed either. I think the Eagles are taking a lot of chances here, and I'm not necessarily against them, but there's a lot of guys who will all be learning on the job, together. That can create a cohesive staff. It can also allow added confusion and what not. It's not a complaint, just stating that a lot of what these guys are bringing to the table will remain under "unknown" status for a while. There will probably be growing pains and learning.

I think they're doing a fairly good job, but with all of the unknowns, I'm going to remain fairly tepid/mild without going too hot or cold on anything. There's a lot of potential, and that's good. With hope, these are all guys who will handle the promotions well.
    ya I just don't have any dislikes so far. these a fresh respected names coming from programs with success and positions of success

I like that as a start. all it is is a start. but I like said start a lot

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    ya I just don't have any dislikes so far. these a fresh respected names coming from programs with success and positions of success

I like that as a start. all it is is a start. but I like said start a lot
    I don't have a lot of "dislikes". But I think there's an incredible amount of "unknowns" which is where I'm at. I can't complain about the start, both have put in work and both have probably earned their promotions (I think Sirriani's is a little early in the process, but that hasn't hurt the Eagles in the past). It's just going to be a lot right now in terms of what we're getting. Neither Sirriani or Gannon have called plays, and from what I've read around twitter I think Sirriani will likely be calling plays or heavily involved in that. So while I think our offense and defense will probably look like Reich/Eberflus, the details of that could vary wildly. Both for the positive or the negative. Many times when you see a coach like Sirriani, you get a Jim Schwartz; where you can say "well the offense is going to be a bit new, but the defense? I know what that'll generally be like".

So yeah, no dislikes here. Just a lot of "I don't knows". Which is why I'm taking the mild feel right now. Good potential, guys who have earned hires, but a lot of unknowns, too. I think there's a good reason to believe it'll pay off, so there's that.

I don't have a lot of "dislikes". But I think there's an incredible amount of "unknowns" which is where I'm at. I can't complain about the start, both have put in work and both have probably earned their promotions (I think Sirriani's is a little early in the process, but that hasn't hurt the Eagles in the past). It's just going to be a lot right now in terms of what we're getting. Neither Sirriani or Gannon have called plays, and from what I've read around twitter I think Sirriani will likely be calling plays or heavily involved in that. So while I think our offense and defense will probably look like Reich/Eberflus, the details of that could vary wildly. Both for the positive or the negative. Many times when you see a coach like Sirriani, you get a Jim Schwartz; where you can say "well the offense is going to be a bit new, but the defense? I know what that'll generally be like".

So yeah, no dislikes here. Just a lot of "I don't knows". Which is why I'm taking the mild feel right now. Good potential, guys who have earned hires, but a lot of unknowns, too. I think there's a good reason to believe it'll pay off, so there's that.
    I won't disagree with this

they clearly like Sirianni more than Doug as in 2016 the pushed a lot of hires on Doug where as right now they're letting Sirianni handle his staff more

The 'lack of experience' will hurt this team on both sides of the ball offensive and defensive.

Does it really matter who the OC is if Sirianni is calling the plays?

With news that Stoutland is staying at least we have continuity with the OLine.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast