Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Dwayne Haskins landing spots

Since Haskins was released by the Football Team out there in Washington; apparently there are situations where Haskins could go and he could be a backup quarterback and sit behind a starter and learn

So that being said, my ideal spots for Dwayne Haskins should he get a 2nd chance in this league:

1) New England Patriots...being a die hard Patriots fan, I would welcome Haskins. In our situation especially under Bill Belichick, Haskins would either be the starter outright. Or if we re sign Cam Newton, then we have Haskins as our backup. Under Belichick, Haskins would not only become a better quarterback. But he would be in a culture where second chances come naturally but that is if you put the time and the work in. Bringing in a talented guy like Haskins for depth wouldn't be a shocking move. The Ohio State product is only 23 and at 6-foot-4 and 220 pounds, he has prototypical size for the position. Talent isn't his problem, focus and harnessing his skills are. That's what Belichick and the rest of the New England Patriots' staff are best at. This seems like an easy fit on a low-cost, low-risk deal.

2) Pittsburgh Steelers- Don't have a clear succession plan in place after Ben Roethlisberger hangs 'em up -- no, Mason Rudolph doesn't count. Signing Haskins on a low-cost deal to sit and learn behind Big Ben could help him turn things around. The Steelers have an ingrained culture of hard work and dedication under head coach Mike Tomlin, which could fuel Haskins. A move like this would also give him a chance to work with a young, talented group of receiving targets while biding his time behind Roethlisberger.

3) Indianapolis Colts- Philip Rivers has played well for the Indianapolis Colts this season, but he isn't signed for 2021. While Rivers running it back in Indy is highly likely, the team will need some depth at the quarterback position. Jacoby Brissett is a free agent after the season and almost certainly won't be retained. That leaves room for someone to step in. The chance to develop a talented former first-round pick behind an incumbent veteran could be too much for the Colts to pass up here. Head coach Frank Reich is known for his ability to work with quarterbacks and could see Haskins as a challenge worth taking on.

4) Denver Broncos- Will be attached to a lot of names at quarterback this offseason, as Drew Lock's projected breakout has never materialized. Haskins was taken 27 picks ahead of Lock in the 2019 NFL Draft and neither has truly performed well. Team president John Elway loves prototypical quarterbacks with big arms, which will make Haskins attractive. Putting Lock and Haskins on the same roster and allowing them to compete could bring out the best in both.

Lock will likely return in 2021 in a "prove-it" year, but having Haskins looking over his shoulder might push him to be better.

5) Los Angeles Rams- Sean McVay isn't above taking chances and the Los Angeles Rams need to upgrade their depth chart behind Jared Goff. They're currently staring down the barrel of having former Arizona Hotshots quarterback John Wolford start under center in what could be a playoff elimination game in Week 17. McVay can develop a quarterback and putting Haskins under his watch could be great for his career, while also giving the Rams a talented backup with starting experience. It would be a risk, but McVay has built a solid culture in LA and that could help keep Haskins in line.

6) Carolina Panthers- Another intriguing landing spot...considering Bridgewater is the starting QB. Put Haskins in there especially with that offense especially with McCaffrey...it would be pretty solid. He more or less could resurrect his career there.

7) New York Jets- Another ideal landing spot for Haskins and considering he's from Jersey, it is almost too perfect.

Dwayne Haskins landing spots

Iím gonna guess the Winnipeg blue bombers. He might be able to help them get another chip

Patriots are interesting to me. BB usually doesn't want attitude problem players, but he might be able to beat it out of him.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Haskins I know if he went to New England, he could resurrect his career there

Steelers wonít sign Haskins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atlanta Falcons would be another landing spot

My guess is that new FCF League.

I think every team in the league will do their homework on him. I mean, he's gonna be a 3rd year former top 10 pick QB, teams rarely accept that a former 1st round pick is a bust until they cycle through at least 3 teams.

Theoretically if a team could get him and develop him to reach near his ceiling they could hit the jackpot, but he's pretty awful. During his rookie year I watched a game where he was making all the right reads and looked like he was way ahead of schedule in his progressions, but he wasn't getting the ball anywhere close to his target; I figured that meant he was either going to be really good but had bad chemistry with his WRs (possible) or was going to be hot garbage (seems more likely).

Ron Rivera is known to have players who get in his "doghouse" and never get out. Haskins could very well be that guy, and it's not like Rivera's the smartest HC when it comes to QBs considering he beat his last one into the dirt by playing like he was in 1985. I'd like to see Haskins with a creative offensive mind to see if there's anything to salvage, but I'm not optimistic.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Why would anyone want Haskins?

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/...132867073?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E3r5cxPiSDw

If you watch his highlights you'll see the potential. He's a guy a lot of coaches will watch and say "hey, I can fix him!" Hes got the physical tools, he's just lacking between the ears. Obviously his lowlights overshadow his highlights, but he's got a few throws in there that people would piss themselves if Mahomes made them.

Haskins reportedly wasn't on Denver's draft board so I doubt Denver is a potential landing spot

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Haskins I know if he went to New England, he could resurrect his career there
    I doubt Belichick would want him.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I doubt Belichick would want him.
    Probably true. Question is will BB actually have better options?

Haskins is basically younger Cam, especially with all the attitude issues Cam had when younger. Haskins is capable of pulling off a one-off season like Cam did with the Panthers made a run.

I feel like BB will get another placeholder vet though. Maybe try his hand at Fitzmagic.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Probably true. Question is will BB actually have better options?

Haskins is basically younger Cam, especially with all the attitude issues Cam had when younger. Haskins is capable of pulling off a one-off season like Cam did with the Panthers made a run.

I feel like BB will get another placeholder vet though. Maybe try his hand at Fitzmagic.
    Belichick could go after Dalton.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast