Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,506

    PFF Offensive Line of the Year Award

    Cleveland takes home the win on this one, but PFF lists the next best OLs as:

    - Patriots
    - Packers
    - Ram


    https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-awards-...ie-of-the-year

    Interesting that Cam, Rodgers and Goff got so much help this year, to varying effect.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

    IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,408
    but wait... per the cam lovers the OLINE WAS TRASH???????????????????????????????? and per the rodgers haters their oline was god tier.......... I am so ****ing confused right now. CAM HAD NO HELP


    yea rodgers makes his Oline and cam cant play behind even the best oline.... who is shoscked? not me. MBC incoming about to say LIES/SLANDER/BS cam had no help/worst team ever... dude cant make reads and cant throw passes beyond 5 yards lmfao 25 mill a year per my dude though amirite?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,408
    and wait... kelce got best offensive player of the year and best reciever of the year while mahomes didnt win MVP with the best weapon in the game in hill???????????????????? YET HE IS BETTER THAN RODGERS AND THE MVP PER WELL YOU GUYS KNOW? LMFAO

    put mahomes on the packers they are a 10-6 at best team... rodgers on the chiefs 15-1 or 16-0 easily and probably go undefeated.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Cleveland takes home the win on this one, but PFF lists the next best OLs as:

    - Patriots
    - Packers
    - Ram


    https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-awards-...ie-of-the-year

    Interesting that Cam, Rodgers and Goff got so much help this year, to varying effect.
    you ignored that mahomes YOUR mvp has the best offensive player and best wideout even though he has hill the best weapon?????????????????????????????????????? congrats trying to further **** on rodgers which you are known for all while further making his case... Give me the stats where rodgers rolls out compared to cam/baker/goff and then lets talk Olines.. my god

    let me take this one step further

    PASS-BLOCKER OF THE YEAR: DAVID BAKHTIARI, GREEN BAY PACKERS


    how did the top defense do with him done for the year against the packers Oline missing the best pass block of the year?????????????????????????? yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa like i said put us behind rodgers and my dude finds a way... its what mvps do. Enjoy
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 01-21-2021 at 09:43 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    91,686
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    and wait... kelce got best offensive player of the year and best reciever of the year while mahomes didnt win MVP with the best weapon in the game in hill???????????????????? YET HE IS BETTER THAN RODGERS AND THE MVP PER WELL YOU GUYS KNOW? LMFAO

    put mahomes on the packers they are a 10-6 at best team... rodgers on the chiefs 15-1 or 16-0 easily and probably go undefeated.
    Pat on the Packers and they donít skip a beat.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,408
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Pat on the Packers and they donít skip a beat.
    disagree... pat on the packers they lose that falcons game and the recent playoff game 10 out of 10 times. Go ahead tell me i am wrong and i can prove it statistically... Mahomes wins games when he is bad... see the superbowl.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    91,686
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    disagree... pat on the packers they lose that falcons game and the recent playoff game 10 out of 10 times. Go ahead tell me i am wrong and i can prove it statistically... Mahomes wins games when he is bad... see the superbowl.
    You canít prove it statistically. All things donít happen in a vacuum.

    Pats a top 3 QB in football, heís not making a team worse.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,408
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    You canít prove it statistically. All things donít happen in a vacuum.

    Pats a top 3 QB in football, heís not making a team worse.
    the adjusted interceptions say other wise.... gunslinger mentality again say others. Lets look at rodgers games where he lost this year and tell me besides the bucs game what performance is worse


    mahomes final 4 games he did this

    comp 62/70/55/54
    touchdowns 8
    interceptions 4
    rate-95/92/92-79

    ask me what their records were???????? go. I dare you... Yea 4-0........Wanna know what rodgers was in his losses? Yea exactly... keep trying though If mahomes is mahomes the back up comes in and wins the game or the defense wins the game or defenders drop interceptions galore because luck.... If rodgers inst the best QB in football packers lose everytime. One guy because of weapons can have an off day the other cant.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,380
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    but wait... per the cam lovers the OLINE WAS TRASH???????????????????????????????? and per the rodgers haters their oline was god tier.......... I am so ****ing confused right now. CAM HAD NO HELP


    yea rodgers makes his Oline and cam cant play behind even the best oline.... who is shoscked? not me. MBC incoming about to say LIES/SLANDER/BS cam had no help/worst team ever... dude cant make reads and cant throw passes beyond 5 yards lmfao 25 mill a year per my dude though amirite?
    I've literally said all year that the Pats have a very good OL when they're all together, but they weren't together half the season. I'm not sure what PFF goes by, but I bet it's based on the grades of the 5 starters, which would make sense why they're the 4th ranked unit. Go watch the latter half of the season when LT Wynn went out and tell me that's a top 5 OL. I bet they had at least 10 different starting OL combinations. Wynn-Thuney-Andrews-Mason-Onwenu was a damn good unit, but Wynn missed nearly half the season, Andrews missed 4.5 games, Thuney played out of position a couple games, Mason missed 3 games and I believe had some bad games due to COVID isolation, and Onwenu was an absolute stud no matter where he lined up but got bounced around due to all the injuries.

    PFF also doesn't show anything for free, but I would also bet their OL is that high due to run blocking rather than pass blocking.

    Anyone got a PFF account to confirm the RB/PB rankings and that it's based on the main starters?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,408
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I've literally said all year that the Pats have a very good OL when they're all together, but they weren't together half the season. I'm not sure what PFF goes by, but I bet it's based on the grades of the 5 starters, which would make sense why they're the 4th ranked unit. Go watch the latter half of the season when LT Wynn went out and tell me that's a top 5 OL. I bet they had at least 10 different starting OL combinations. Wynn-Thuney-Andrews-Mason-Onwenu was a damn good unit, but Wynn missed nearly half the season, Andrews missed 4.5 games, Thuney played out of position a couple games, Mason missed 3 games and I believe had some bad games due to COVID isolation, and Onwenu was an absolute stud no matter where he lined up but got bounced around due to all the injuries.

    PFF also doesn't show anything for free, but I would also bet their OL is that high due to run blocking rather than pass blocking.

    Anyone got a PFF account to confirm the RB/PB rankings and that it's based on the main starters?
    not even trolling you might be correct on this but it would be kind of dumb to just go by the starters no? that just seems lazy to me lol. I highly doubt they would just go by the health of the starts though and not the overall productions and time the QB has or the yards the running game has when the oline is healthy or injured.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,975
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I've literally said all year that the Pats have a very good OL when they're all together, but they weren't together half the season. I'm not sure what PFF goes by, but I bet it's based on the grades of the 5 starters, which would make sense why they're the 4th ranked unit. Go watch the latter half of the season when LT Wynn went out and tell me that's a top 5 OL. I bet they had at least 10 different starting OL combinations. Wynn-Thuney-Andrews-Mason-Onwenu was a damn good unit, but Wynn missed nearly half the season, Andrews missed 4.5 games, Thuney played out of position a couple games, Mason missed 3 games and I believe had some bad games due to COVID isolation, and Onwenu was an absolute stud no matter where he lined up but got bounced around due to all the injuries.

    PFF also doesn't show anything for free, but I would also bet their OL is that high due to run blocking rather than pass blocking.

    Anyone got a PFF account to confirm the RB/PB rankings and that it's based on the main starters?
    No itís based on anyone who plays. Not on starters. What helped the Pats OL grade is the fact they werenít blitzed a lot. PFFs OL and DB grades are some of the most subjective because they donít know the call or protections. They often rate it on nearest player.

    Example:
    OLB comes on 5 man unbalanced pressure and the RT takes the DE in front of him, while the RG has no one to block. So the OLB comes off the edge untouched. The RT/OL get a bad grade on the play for not blocking the OLB and passing the DE to the OG. But what we donít know is where the slide protection was supposed to go.

    Itís this methodology that made Maurkice Pouncey a PFF star for years because the Steelers run game was based on letting on of the DTs basically run himself out of the play and Pouncey getting to the second level to take the MIKE. Well if Pouncey even chips the DT, PFF grades him higher for a first level block and a second level block.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    20,693
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    yea rodgers makes his Oline and cam cant play behind even the best oline....
    PFF at least attempts to rank every player individually, so you can't just use their metrics and say obviously the Packers OL is only top-tier because of Rodgers, while the Patriots OL is top-tier despite Cam.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,506
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I've literally said all year that the Pats have a very good OL when they're all together, but they weren't together half the season. I'm not sure what PFF goes by, but I bet it's based on the grades of the 5 starters, which would make sense why they're the 4th ranked unit. Go watch the latter half of the season when LT Wynn went out and tell me that's a top 5 OL. I bet they had at least 10 different starting OL combinations. Wynn-Thuney-Andrews-Mason-Onwenu was a damn good unit, but Wynn missed nearly half the season, Andrews missed 4.5 games, Thuney played out of position a couple games, Mason missed 3 games and I believe had some bad games due to COVID isolation, and Onwenu was an absolute stud no matter where he lined up but got bounced around due to all the injuries.

    PFF also doesn't show anything for free, but I would also bet their OL is that high due to run blocking rather than pass blocking.

    Anyone got a PFF account to confirm the RB/PB rankings and that it's based on the main starters?
    Football outsiders lists NE at the #3 OL team in the league as well, based on their performance in all 16 games.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

    IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    20,693
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    and wait... kelce got best offensive player of the year and best reciever of the year while mahomes didnt win MVP with the best weapon in the game in hill???????????????????? YET HE IS BETTER THAN RODGERS AND THE MVP PER WELL YOU GUYS KNOW? LMFAO

    put mahomes on the packers they are a 10-6 at best team... rodgers on the chiefs 15-1 or 16-0 easily and probably go undefeated.
    Who other than Lionel thinks Mahomes should win MVP over Rodgers?

    I only said they should win co-MVPs sponsored by State Farm as a joke, you know.

    Actually the Super Bowl might become the State Farm Bow.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,380
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    not even trolling you might be correct on this but it would be kind of dumb to just go by the starters no? that just seems lazy to me lol. I highly doubt they would just go by the health of the starts though and not the overall productions and time the QB has or the yards the running game has when the oline is healthy or injured.
    I mean, it is PFF. Nobody likes PFF unless it agrees with their take. Just being honest, I'll say how worthless PFF is, and then say "Cam was the highest rated PFF passer in week X!!!!" to prove my point, but PFF is questionable at best at most grades.

    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    No itís based on anyone who plays. Not on starters. What helped the Pats OL grade is the fact they werenít blitzed a lot. PFFs OL and DB grades are some of the most subjective because they donít know the call or protections. They often rate it on nearest player.

    Example:
    OLB comes on 5 man unbalanced pressure and the RT takes the DE in front of him, while the RG has no one to block. So the OLB comes off the edge untouched. The RT/OL get a bad grade on the play for not blocking the OLB and passing the DE to the OG. But what we donít know is where the slide protection was supposed to go.

    Itís this methodology that made Maurkice Pouncey a PFF star for years because the Steelers run game was based on letting on of the DTs basically run himself out of the play and Pouncey getting to the second level to take the MIKE. Well if Pouncey even chips the DT, PFF grades him higher for a first level block and a second level block.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That cant be the case, I'm pretty sure I remember reading that they had the highest blitz% in the league. Defenses weren't scared of the Pats receivers and the Pats ran like 60% of the time, so teams just blitzed the **** out of them. It might be that the Pats OL saw less overall blitzes because they had fewer pass attempts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •