Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lions HC Dan Campbell

[Rapoport] The #Lions and #Saints TEs coach/AHC Dan Campbell have agreed to terms on a contract to make him Detroitís new head coach, source said. What was expected is now official.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Looks like Chris Spielman had more input than I originally considered. Meathead front office exec hires meathead HC, definitely on brand. Still, I enjoyed watching Campbell coach the Fins for half a season after Joe Philbin's firing. The guys got a hell of a lot of heart and clearly loves his players and the game. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, such is the Lions way.

Quote Originally Posted by Five Angels View Post
    Looks like Chris Spielman had more input than I originally considered. Meathead front office exec hires meathead HC, definitely on brand. Still, I enjoyed watching Campbell coach the Fins for half a season after Joe Philbin's firing. The guys got a hell of a lot of heart and clearly loves his players and the game. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, such is the Lions way.

Hopefully he unleashes Stafford as that vanilla offense running AP up the middle for the first half of the season was brutal. Feel like Swift, Hockenson, and Golladay should be able to make some noise with the right system.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post

Hopefully he unleashes Stafford as that vanilla offense running AP up the middle for the first half of the season was brutal. Feel like Swift, Hockenson, and Golladay should be able to make some noise with the right system.
    Ship Stafford to the Colts.
    Get AP the **** outta here.
    Franchise Golladay and try to trade him mid-season. Amazing talent well worth the contract he is going to get but I just don't think it would be wise spending for a team with too many holes.

6 year deal?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    6 year deal?!?

Yeaaa that's veeeeery interesting. Not really sure what to make of it. Seems they want him here for the long run so perhaps they are going full rebuild...?

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Yeaaa that's veeeeery interesting. Not really sure what to make of it. Seems they want him here for the long run so perhaps they are going full rebuild...?
    I havenít seen the contract so just speculating here but maybe the last couple of years are option years that the team can pickup.

I actually think this is a pretty good hire for the Lions. Any word on who his OC and DC will be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmwe7opc0MM

This instantly makes him better than Bluto

Olof... That press conference was.... Something

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I actually think this is a pretty good hire for the Lions. Any word on who his OC and DC will be?

Talk is that Aaron Glenn (DB coach from NO) will be his DC. Speculation that the QB coach from Baltimore will be the OC, name is escaping me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Press conference was....a lot.

I mean, it all sounds great and makes the Kool-aid that much more tasty when you got PC Principal up there talking about biting knee caps but we as Lions fans have heard it all before. Actually do something on the field and we will believe it.

Time will tell

I've heard rumblings about Campbell for a couple years now and I honestly just don't get it. I know he's an assistant to Payton, but he has no coordinator experience and I doubt Payton makes life difficult for an offensive minded assistant coach/TE coach.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6
    I mean, it all sounds great and makes the Kool-aid that much more tasty when you got PC Principal up there talking about biting knee caps but we as Lions fans have heard it all before. Actually do something on the field and we will believe it.
    Lmao, that's great.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I've heard rumblings about Campbell for a couple years now and I honestly just don't get it. I know he's an assistant to Payton, but he has no coordinator experience and I doubt Payton makes life difficult for an offensive minded assistant coach/TE coach.
    He did lead Miami to a 5-7 record after taking over for Philbin in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    LOL The thought of Martha Ford clutching her pearls wondering what her kid's got us into while Campbell's up there going off like a lunatic at the podium into gives me unbelievable joy. **** it, take my money...I'm reupping my season tickets again this season. I don't know if we'll win many over the next couple seasons, but I'm all in on this character. Consider me entertained.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast