Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    The experiment in the minors (Atlantic League?) is interesting: the DH only is used to bat for starting pitchers. Relief pitchers must bat or be pinch hit for.

It keeps the strategy in the game and double switches. But it reduces the chance of a reliever pitching more than an inning. And the Players Union probably won’t like it because it reduces the need for a full time DH. It may be an attempt by MLB to get more leverage in upcoming negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Are there any arguments that have nothing to due with "old school" baseball, or nostalgia of the game, that are against the DH?

Myself? I hate watching the pitcher hit. I hate seeing a pitcher on cruise control getting removed because he's coming up to hit. I hate seeing the "free out" before the lineup is turned over.

Any input?
    I don’t like the DH . Games more interesting from a strategy standpoint without it. Make the Managers earn their money .

2 things that will happen after December's CBA negotiations. Universal DH and expanded playoffs. One is being used as leverage for the other.

The Union turned that deal down for 2021.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, I haven't read the entire thread, the DH extends the careers of many players. Can't understand the MLBPA not endorsing.

I would think NL owners would prefer to protect those multi million dollar arms.

Does anyone really enjoy watching a pitcher swing the bat, aside from the comedic element? Except for a handful it's an automatic out.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

MLBPA absolutely wants the universal DH, they just weren't willing to cave on other ish to get as much. Should be in effect for good starting in '22 from everything I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    MLBPA absolutely wants the universal DH, they just weren't willing to cave on other ish to get as much. Should be in effect for good starting in '22 from everything I've heard.
    My understanding as well. I must have misunderstood previous post re: MLBPA position.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Which is why the MLB experiment in he minors may be to get leverage in the negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    Which is why the MLB experiment in he minors may be to get leverage in the negotiations.
    Very well could be.

Personally I prefer the DH. However I want ONE set of rules. If that means getting rid of the DH (not likely) so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Very well could be.

Personally I prefer the DH. However I want ONE set of rules. If that means getting rid of the DH (not likely) so be it.
    Amen. It's time to remove the disparity that the AL has to deal with in IL play.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Lofl

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Lofl
    Dude. I almost went at him again. Thankfully I remembered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567