Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    It was an attempt to excuse AA from never signing anyone to a deal that exceeded 5 years. You were trying to put blame on ownership saying the 5 year rule was their call. I pointed to Wells’ contract as an example of how that’s false. You countered with Jose as an example but it turned out 1 of the years was his last arb year being bought out. Meaning his deal equaled 5 years.

The Springer deal proves the 5 year rule was never Rogers’ rule.
    Oh now you wish AA spent more money for more term? Pick a side dude.

But yeah you’re right that we have Rogers to thank for the springer signing.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I feel like suddenly we have 3 threads discussing the Beaton/AA era.
    I’m sure Reed will blame me for this.

The Tzatziki Brigade will always stand on guard for AA.
    Ummm... this was 100% prompted by you and your blind hate.

Check yo self.

I feel like suddenly we have 3 threads discussing the Beaton/AA era.
    What a mess, and for what.

I was going to say Spring Training is starting up soon but a report out today ST may be delayed. Reporting dates are currently. TBA argh

On a lighter note, I'm always fascinate what my phone's auto correct seems to do. Paul Beaton isn't the worst its come up with.

And Chong/Reed, no need throwing blame, just move it to its own thread . The "Is Atkins 2nd best GM in history" thread seems appropriate.

On a lighter note, I'm always fascinate what my phone's auto correct seems to do. Paul Beaton isn't the worst its come up with.

And Chong/Reed, no need throwing blame, just move it to its own thread . The "Is Atkins 2nd best GM in history" thread seems appropriate.
    Or start a new one. "Is AA the third best GM in Jays history?"

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    What a mess, and for what.

I was going to say Spring Training is starting up soon but a report out today ST may be delayed. Reporting dates are currently. TBA argh
    Because it's the offseason lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post

It's funny how you always have an excuse when this F/O does something good:

The '16 draft wasnt theirs
    Springer (and apparently Ryu) were because of Rogers
    Martin "just fell to us"

And there's more, those are just the ones I remember. I can see this team winning the WS and you coming in to pop the balloon with a "Yeah......but" lol

Is that what you took away? It would’ve been nice to sign good players. More times than not you have to give term to get the best players. Not old guys who we hope have complete career turnarounds though. That was AA’s specialty, dumpster diving lol. Russell Martin is the biggest contract AA ever handed out. Atkins has already bested him twice with Ryu and Springer. Atkins knows

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post

Martin "just fell to us"

And there's more, those are just the ones I remember. I can see this team winning the WS and you coming in to pop the balloon with a "Yeah......but" lol
    My personal fav was how nobody gets credit for Vladdy Jr's development. There was no possible way to credit AA beyond signing him so that's what he came up with lol. Good to know that Atkins isn't to blame for his slow development. Nobody is!
    Facts can be hypothetical.

My personal fav was how nobody gets credit for Vladdy Jr's development. There was no possible way to credit AA beyond signing him so that's what he came up with lol. Good to know that Atkins isn't to blame for his slow development. Nobody is!
    I knew I was forgetting something. And it's been well documented that Ismael Cruz was the main person behind Vladdy signing

I knew I was forgetting something. And it's been well documented that Ismael Cruz was the main person behind Vladdy signing
    Yeah well AA once sent him a Christmas card so that's why he was on his staff.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Martin "just fell to us"

I didn’t have anything to say about Ryu re:atkins.

He doesn’t align with the core, but if they keep accelerating the rebuild he could align with winning.

Is that what you took away? It would’ve been nice to sign good players. More times than not you have to give term to get the best players. Not old guys who we hope have complete career turnarounds though. That was AA’s specialty, dumpster diving lol. Russell Martin is the biggest contract AA ever handed out. Atkins has already bested him twice with Ryu and Springer. Atkins knows
    Ok so we are measuring success by the most dollar and term amount? Weird. That really goes against everything you’ve been saying. Also funny you listed Atkins’ only 2 signings that weren’t dumpster diving in 6 years. Can probably add Yates to that list.

Signing springer for 6 years = trading for tulo for 5 years. Let’s just hope for better health luck.

Yeah. AA’s guy, and AA also had to trade for extra INTL cap to sign him. Or was that Atkins?

Does Atkins get blamed for vlads struggles in the ML then? Or is that on vlad?

Which teams system would have stopped vlad from being the best hitter ever in the minor leagues? I don’t think any coach would have been able to get in vlad way, but maybe the astros or dodgers systems would have had him more prepared for ML pitching.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast