Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Considering Springer was coming back from injury and the numbers he's putting up atm, year 1 is looking like a success.

He's never batted over .300 and his OBP has hovered from .340-.380. His OPS has typically been .850-.950ish.
    Until they prove the fans wrong again

He's only on pace for about 100 games and my over/under was about 130 games or so for him. So I have a hard time calling it a successful year 1. Though if it leads to a WS this year then it's a moot point.

Ideally his prime years (assuming years 1-3) lines up with the Blue Jays young players also peaking. So far been so-so with Vlad /Bichette/Teo killing it but Biggio/LGJ doing poorly.
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 07-31-2021 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    He's only on pace for about 100 games and my over/under was about 130 games or so for him. So I have a hard time calling it a successful year 1. Though if it leads to a WS this year then it's a moot point.

Ideally his prime years (assuming years 1-3) lines up with the Blue Jays young players also peaking. So far been so-so with Vlad /Bichette/Teo killing it but Biggio/LGJ doing poorly.
    Gotta get a little bit real here. Springer has been .281/.993 in July, after a .240/.773 June. he's now .264/941 for the season, so he's performing very well now that he's healthy.

I'll cut Biggio a little slack as he was also playing injured early in the season. Biggio's June was .304/.965, July has been brutal, .175/.485. To me Espinal should get every start at 3B while Biggio rides the pine, give him a couple games a week to spell the outfield, or second base. No way do I want him at 3rd base, Espinal is so much better defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    Gotta get a little bit real here. Springer has been .281/.993 in July, after a .240/.773 June. he's now .264/941 for the season, so he's performing very well now that he's healthy.

I'll cut Biggio a little slack as he was also playing injured early in the season. Biggio's June was .304/.965, July has been brutal, .175/.485. To me Espinal should get every start at 3B while Biggio rides the pine, give him a couple games a week to spell the outfield, or second base. No way do I want him at 3rd base, Espinal is so much better defensively.
    With regards to Springer, we all know he can play well when healthy. But its actually playing the games that is the concern. I essentially said I was fine paying Springer +$25 mil per year if he played 130 games. Not so happy if he plays under 100 games. If he stays healthy the rest of the contract and plays well, then Im good with it. If he only plays like 60% of games available, its a different story of course.

Along while getting here but paying dividends now!!

Mets blew it when they gave the money to Lindor

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Along while getting here but paying dividends now!!

Mets blew it when they gave the money to Lindor
    Thank you Mets for one saving us from Lindor and two gifting us Springer
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789