Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I didnít have anything to say about Ryu re:atkins.

He doesnít align with the core, but if they keep accelerating the rebuild he could align with winning.
    Oh, I thought we were being consistent in the Jays having to over pay to get players here

How does he not align with the core? You realize the core is now, right. The rebuild is over. This is a top 5-7 offense in the MLB right now. I'm fairly certain the rotation will be addressed as well

Yeah. AAís guy, and AA also had to trade for extra INTL cap to sign him. Or was that Atkins?

Does Atkins get blamed for vlads struggles in the ML then? Or is that on vlad?

Which teams system would have stopped vlad from being the best hitter ever in the minor leagues? I donít think any coach would have been able to get in vlad way, but maybe the astros or dodgers systems would have had him more prepared for ML pitching.
    You missed, my point. I'm fine with giving AA credit for Vladdy, even though Cruz did all the work just like I am fine with giving Atkins and Shapiro credit for the 16 draft even in LaCava did a lot of the work. Same as the Springer signing, Atkins put them in a position to add the best hitter on FA market, said he was going to be super active (or something stupid) and did it. End of story. I mean, Im not picking on you but you managed to put a negative soon on them drafting Martin

Ok so we are measuring success by the most dollar and term amount? Weird. That really goes against everything youíve been saying. Also funny you listed Atkinsí only 2 signings that werenít dumpster diving in 6 years. Can probably add Yates to that list.

Signing springer for 6 years = trading for tulo for 5 years. Letís just hope for better health luck.
    Why would I list players he dumpster dove for when heís now made 2 of the richest signings in Blue Jays history? Youíre so used to highlighting low key signings who pan out that you donít even realize signing superstars is an actual option now.

AA had to trade for superstars. Atkins gets them to sign the dotted line. Truth hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Oh, I thought we were being consistent in the Jays having to over pay to get players here

How does he not align with the core? You realize the core is now, right. The rebuild is over. This is a top 5-7 offense in the MLB right now. I'm fairly certain the rotation will be addressed as well
    Because when the core is peaking, ryu will be retired. Iím basically just saying a 28 year old pitcher is better for this team in the long run than a 34 year old pitcher. I donít think itís all that controversial. I never said ryu got overpaid. His contract is fine as long as heís healthy.

Iím reserving my judgment of this offence until I see it happen on the field. A lot can still go wrong and biggio and springer feel like the only players we know what we are getting.

Iím in the camp of avoiding the 2012 dickey situation. Letís see the offence be one of the best in the league before we go balls deep. Iím hoping for a 2015 situation rather than a 2012 situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    You missed, my point. I'm fine with giving AA credit for Vladdy, even though Cruz did all the work just like I am fine with giving Atkins and Shapiro credit for the 16 draft even in LaCava did a lot of the work. Same as the Springer signing, Atkins put them in a position to add the best hitter on FA market, said he was going to be super active (or something stupid) and did it. End of story. I mean, Im not picking on you but you managed to put a negative soon on them drafting Martin
    Well I loved the Martin drafting. I just didnít think Atkins did some elaborate amazing thing by building the 5th worst team in the league after several years at the helm, and then making the obvious pick.
    It would have been a failure as GM to pick anyone else.

During this whole bout of AA vs Atkins talk Iíve chimed in only a few times because Iíve already communicated what I feel. Letís just leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Why would I list players he dumpster dove for when heís now made 2 of the richest signings in Blue Jays history? Youíre so used to highlighting low key signings who pan out that you donít even realize signing superstars is an actual option now.

AA had to trade for superstars. Atkins gets them to sign the dotted line. Truth hurts.
    Wtf kind of reply is this? Address the questions for once.

Well I loved the Martin drafting. I just didnít think Atkins did some elaborate amazing thing by building the 5th worst team in the league after several years at the helm, and then making the obvious pick.
    It would have been a failure as GM to pick anyone else.

During this whole bout of AA vs Atkins talk Iíve chimed in only a few times because Iíve already communicated what I feel. Letís just leave it.
    Good point. I was thinking the same!

Wtf kind of reply is this? Address the questions for once.
    Okay fine. I measure success of a GM by many things. Ability to sign big names, ability to build a farm and ability to field a winner are the 3 main things. Atkins has proven to be far better than AA at all of those things.

He hasnít even had to make a trade to help the on field product yet. Good thing he has an extravagant farm to make deals with, eh?

Iím sorry for bringing up AA. You clearly canít resist defending his honour even after he totally screwed this team up and left it in shambles. I just love ruffling your feathers especially after how snarky you were for so many years. The thing that makes it all that much better is that all of your snarky predictions have been wrong.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 01-26-2021 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Okay fine. I measure success of a GM by many things. Ability to sign big names, ability to build a farm and ability to field a winner are the 3 main things. Atkins has proven to be far better than AA at all of those things.

He hasnít even had to make a trade to help the on field product yet. Good thing he has an extravagant farm to make deals with, eh?

Iím sorry for bringing up AA. You clearly canít resist defending his honour even after he totally screwed this team up and left it in shambles. I just love ruffling your feathers especially after how snarky you were for so many years. The thing that makes it all that much better is that all of your snarky predictions have been wrong.
    Which prediction has been wrong?

+ I think itís very clear to everyone who the snarky one is here...

Which prediction has been wrong?
    Atkins canít build an elite farm
    Atkins canít maintain an elite farm
    Atkins is gone once his contract is over
    Atkins is cheap
    Weíll be ready to compete by 2024
    Weíre 7 or 8 pieces away from competing

Shall I continue?

+ I think itís very clear to everyone who the snarky one is here...
    Itís 100% me. The only reason youíve toned it down is because youíve been wrong about everything. You still do your best to put a negative spin on the moves that Atkins made this off-season though. As other posters have pointed out.

I know it kills you to admit that I was right all along. You gotta admit, calling 2022 as the year weíre ready to compete for a championship back in 2019 is pretty impressive. Itís almost as if I understood how the rebuild was going all along.

In order for him to be right, he would effectively have to cheer against the Blue Jays. Doesnt really put him in a good position.

Its fine to support the Blue Jays and still have question or concerns. Chong does tend to be extremely negative though.

Of course no one wants to talk to someone who doesnt have good intentions.
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 01-27-2021 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    In order for him to be right, he would effectively have to cheer against the Blue Jays. Doesnt really put him in a good position.

Its fine to support the Blue Jays and still have question or concerns. Chong does tend to be extremely negative though.

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post

Which is why I thought it was so weird why he wanted this regime to fail so badly.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast