Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 106 to 120 of 120
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Eh. He's not saying these things because he's rooting against the team. He's saying these things because his dislike for the regime probably affects his ability to assess management in certain scenarios. Of course that obviously goes both ways as well for those on the other side of the spectrum.

    I don't know exactly every claim he's made but given he already comes off biased, it's easy for someone else to make what he said something more than it is. Like for that Ryu signing, I'm not sure the exact wording he used but an example, there's a big difference if he said the kids need more time (maybe he meant 2021 or 2022) and saying they won't be ready until 2024 (which would be too late as the kids would have had 5 years of experience by then).

    It ultimately depends on how well intentioned each person is regardless of whether they are right/wrong or bias/unbiased. I mean Trump always proclaims he is right despite majority of claims being unproven/mis-timed. He's right every once in a while but by that point, who cares. He doesn't add value at the end of the day because he's just a ****** human being.

    Your post is actually a good example IMO. By changing it to "SEE", you are probably being biased with your dislike for him to the point where you are making the accusation he dislikes the team, which is probably not the case at all. He's probably just salty that management has done a good job.
    I think my comment was accurate. FWIW, I never said he didn't like the Jays, I said he didn't like the front office. He trashed the Ryu signing, and claimed we wouldn't be competing until 23, or 24. Those are the facts.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    57,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    I think my comment was accurate. FWIW, I never said he didn't like the Jays, I said he didn't like the front office. He trashed the Ryu signing, and claimed we wouldn't be competing until 23, or 24. Those are the facts.
    Ah my post did refer to "manipulate" ... "you are rooting against the team" so possible I misunderstood.

    Well at least with that situation about Ryu, if he said it was bad because the kids wouldn't compete until 2024 then that would be a bit much since they would all have 5-6 years of MLB experience by then (a bit too late). I can see why he had concerns but 2024 might be a bit much. I remember that I wanted to do a full rebuild at the time just before the Ryu signing so I wasn't too favourable of the signing myself at at the time since I didn't think the core (Vlad/Bo/Bichette) would be hitting their primes (after about 2-3 fulls years of exp) until 2021/2022 (when he would have already been on Y3 of the deal).

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    57,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    I like how to help us understand Chong, you used Trump's conversational value as an example.

    LOL Priceless.
    Well I wasn't saying that's what Chong was. I haven't read enough of his posts. I was saying people who are just ****** people (like Trump) aren't really good to have around.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    I like how to help us understand Chong, you used Trump's conversational value as an example.

    LOL Priceless.
    Just look at my sig to see how Chong likes to bend the truth. He says anything just so he can be right. Kinda like the orange man lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    14,434
    Let's move on and get back on topic. This has turned into Mean Girls.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    11,957
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Let's move on and get back on topic. This has turned into Mean Girls.
    Seconded

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,630
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    You really hate how right I've been about Atkins. Been calling his success for a good 3 years now while you were kicking and screaming up until about last year. That's when your tune started to change. Now you're just trying to pretend like you believed in him all along lol.
    Lol. I still don’t believe in him. I believe things I see. I do not operate on faith. I’m rooting for him because he’s running My favourite team.
    I’ll believe in him when I see him do it. And once I see him do it, I will believe he can do it again.

    Been very consistent with this.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,630
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    This is my favourite part of the post. You deny making the claim then repeat the same claim you were making for years.
    Good. Then maybe it will register this time.

    There’s a difference between saying “I predict Atkins will be gone in 2 years” like you claim I said.
    Vs
    “If atkins doesn’t find a way to add ML talent to this core then I hope we can hire Epstein to run the show because he has experience turning a rebuild into a championship”.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,630
    I don’t think any of you are even reading my posts. Even if you go back one page I explain several of my stances.

    I did not hate on the ryu signing at all. I did however, question signing an older pitcher to lead a young team. Pointed out that a 28 year old would be better to have than a 34 year old. I don’t understand the controversy. Would anyone disagree with that?

    I also never said “there’s no way we will contend until 2023-24”
    Trumps like Reed were talking about how this FO was going to keep their picks and grow internally rather than the AA approach. My response was that if that is the plan WITHOUT any supplemental trades and FA signings... we would be lucky to compete by 2024 when guys like Martin, grosh, and the pitchers have some experience in the ML.

    These FA signings and adding legit talent without spending the prospect capitol too early is literally exactly what I have been calling for Atkins to do the last couple of years.
    Now when he does it I’m somehow proven wrong? Wtf?

    I admit I started off with a sour taste in my mouth after the unceremonious exit of our Canadian boy AA, but where Atkins and shapiro really lost me was in 2017. Felt like these Americans came in and assumed Canadians knew nothing about baseball. They threw together an embarrassing group and lied to us all about that teams ability to contend. The tear down was a mess and I don’t think anyone would disagree.

    However a that entire time I have always added the disclaimer that it better work. If they win then they will be viewed in hindsight as having done a good job. All the sins will be washed away.
    They’ve started to show signs of life. I hope it works out.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,630
    I’d also like to point out that 200+mil spent, and they have accelerated the rebuild vs my “pure internal development” timeline by 1 year.
    From 2023, to 2022.

    I feel like that just proves my point that we would have been lucky to contend in 2023 if Atkins did not make additional FA additions.

    None of this proves me wrong.
    Just people taking my bold statements out of context to pump themselves up.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    885

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,677
    It's funny how he thinks that you all care about our little discourse. Sorry for subjecting you all to it but it's just so damn entertaining!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,677
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I don’t think any of you are even reading my posts. Even if you go back one page I explain several of my stances.

    I did not hate on the ryu signing at all. I did however, question signing an older pitcher to lead a young team. Pointed out that a 28 year old would be better to have than a 34 year old. I don’t understand the controversy. Would anyone disagree with that?

    I also never said “there’s no way we will contend until 2023-24”
    Trumps like Reed were talking about how this FO was going to keep their picks and grow internally rather than the AA approach. My response was that if that is the plan WITHOUT any supplemental trades and FA signings... we would be lucky to compete by 2024 when guys like Martin, grosh, and the pitchers have some experience in the ML.

    These FA signings and adding legit talent without spending the prospect capitol too early is literally exactly what I have been calling for Atkins to do the last couple of years.
    Now when he does it I’m somehow proven wrong? Wtf?

    I admit I started off with a sour taste in my mouth after the unceremonious exit of our Canadian boy AA, but where Atkins and shapiro really lost me was in 2017. Felt like these Americans came in and assumed Canadians knew nothing about baseball. They threw together an embarrassing group and lied to us all about that teams ability to contend. The tear down was a mess and I don’t think anyone would disagree.

    However a that entire time I have always added the disclaimer that it better work. If they win then they will be viewed in hindsight as having done a good job. All the sins will be washed away.
    They’ve started to show signs of life. I hope it works out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I’d also like to point out that 200+mil spent, and they have accelerated the rebuild vs my “pure internal development” timeline by 1 year.
    From 2023, to 2022.

    I feel like that just proves my point that we would have been lucky to contend in 2023 if Atkins did not make additional FA additions.

    None of this proves me wrong.
    Just people taking my bold statements out of context to pump themselves up.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,630
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    lol
    Mhm... ?

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    885
    Forget Atkins and AA, you two should get a room. So much pent up frustration.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •