Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Lions reportedly hiring Aaron Glenn as DC

Sources: #Saints secondary coach Aaron Glenn is headed to the #Lions as their defensive coordinator. The two sides are closing in on a deal. He’ll join Dan Campbell in Detroit after the two were together in New Orleans.
    via Ian Rapaport

I think they will work great together based on everything I've read about Glenn

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Still hoping they bring Richard on board to coach the DB's. Glenn though seems like a good hire for a potential up and coming coach.

Now all eyes fall on the O.C.

So, in one of the first public comments Sheila made regarding this whole search was the emphasis on Experience. Now, I guess you can talk about experience in many ways but if you're strictly talking about experience in the respective position, they don't have it.

I'm trying to be optimistic. Hoping for the best.....but man, this could very well end up SOL. Rookie GM, Rookie HC, Rookie DC.......?

ummmm

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    So, in one of the first public comments Sheila made regarding this whole search was the emphasis on Experience. Now, I guess you can talk about experience in many ways but if you're strictly talking about experience in the respective position, they don't have it.

I'm trying to be optimistic. Hoping for the best.....but man, this could very well end up SOL. Rookie GM, Rookie HC, Rookie DC.......?

ummmm
    100% get the concern. I look at it like this: if this year is a wash anyway thanks to Boob and Bluto, what's the rush on any of these guys? Grow as the team grows. If they suck and it turns into a mess, well welcome to being a Lions fan. Rebuilds are nothing knew. I don't know if I like the Campbell hire but if we can build this program from the roots establishing "culture" with a young staff and roster it could blossom big time for us. If nothing else it feels different than the previous trash fire regime of shamelessly copying the Patriots.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 01-19-2021 at 09:35 PM.

ummmm
    our ownership has no ****ing clue what they're doing. Neither does Rod Wood.

I do like the new Gm, so hopefully these hires are his call.

I think we would be complaining More had we hired Marvin Lewis…

Would have preferred Ryan Nielsen...
    Last edited by Lionsfanfromsac; 01-20-2021 at 12:24 AM.
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    100% get the concern. I look at it like this: if this year is a wash anyway thanks to Boob and Bluto, what's the rush on any of these guys? Grow as the team grows. If they suck and it turns into a mess, well welcome to being a Lions fan. Rebuilds are nothing knew. I don't know if I like the Campbell hire but if we can build this program from the roots establishing "culture" with a young staff and roster it could blossom big time for us. If nothing else it feels different than the previous trash fire regime of shamelessly copying the Patriots.
    Couldn't agree more. The culture we've had for the last three years was horrible. If we can build something from the ground up while also fielding competitive team then I'm all for it. Like you said the first season is a wash anyways.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post

oh god yes. **** either of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post

I'm just sort of hoping that the new GM is the one who is....pushing for the hires. It's okay if Rod Wood as to agree. I just am crossing my fingers that Rod Wood isn't coming up with the "solutions" and it's the GM/Coach that are agreeing.

ummmm
    oh this has SOL written all over it

prove me wrong, Lions!

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    oh this has SOL written all over it

prove me wrong, Lions!
    this is the anti-SOL heard it here first

In Dan We Trust ! IDWT!