Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I am sorry, but I can compare anything to anything. The Russian language does not make a good hat rack. See? Anything can be compared.
    So we ransacked federal buildings and state capitols during the Bush years? If you are going to be a silly person about this, please find another more patient poster to converse with.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-22-2021 at 11:45 AM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I am sorry, but the social unrest during Biden just can't be compared to unrest that Trump encouraged.
    The social unrest is a symptom, not a cause.

The reason for the social unrest is that it is a reaction to the domestic and international policies that this country has pursued since Reagan. These policies — economic, social, and political — have led to this unrest.

And these policies are for the most part rotten at the core but manage to pass unnoticed because they are cloaked in what appears to most folks to be basically acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    The social unrest is a symptom, not a cause.

The reason for the social unrest is that it is a reaction to the domestic and international policies that this country has pursued since Reagan. These policies — economic, social, and political — have led to this unrest.

And these policies are for the most part rotten at the core but manage to pass unnoticed because they are cloaked in what appears to most folks to be basically acceptable.
    Where did I say it was caused by these administrations? I am saying the sickness got worst during the Trump administration due to his direct, not indirect, or ongoing policies, actions. Yes, Bush injured the middle east, but he still supported American Muslim's attempts to build a Mosque in NYC. He didn't push racism. I watch as he took an important issue, criminal justice, and bastardize it into a culture war. I am looking at trends. Did it get better or not. We got way far more divided due to his direct actions than Bush on social issues. Everything this guy touched got corrupted for his personal gain and feeding his ego. He destroys traditions and has people questioning government agencies including the CDC. He may be off golfing somewhere, but the feeling he stirred up isn't going away because Biden is in the office. He encourages craziness. Remember the bleach solution? It will disappear this summer? Misdirecting people to do things that are harmful to themselves or society is very big in my opinion.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

We got people dying from this virus swearing at their nurses and caregivers that this virus is fake news. We got posters here who downplay this pandemic. Where do you think this came from? He took away our ability to protect ourselves from this virus and for what?
    Last edited by WES445; 01-22-2021 at 01:21 PM.

Martin Luther King.

So we ransacked federal buildings and state capitols during the Bush years? If you are going to be a silly person about this, please find another more patient poster to converse with.
    Don't say people can't compare things.

I can say that something Bush did is nothing like something Obama did and that's still comparison. Comparison is not equating.

We got people dying from this virus swearing at their nurses and caregivers that this virus is fake news. We got posters here who downplay this pandemic. Where do you think this came from? He took away our ability to protect ourselves from this virus and for what?
    My mama says stupid is as stupid does.

People are gullible.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Can you send specific information detailing where Gallup has been inaccurate? You pointed out that they are inaccurate with the little smiley but I don't see any specifics on that to justify that accusation. They asked Republicans their opinion on Trump and got an incredibly high rating.
    They asked for a rating of trump? I think the link you used shows that they asked "Do you approve of Trump" ... yes/no is not a rating.

Yeah, I remember Obama and other presidents calling the new media fake news, not. And people social gathering and not wearing a mask during a pandemic was them following Covid protocol set by medical experts, not.
    I was in the media in the 90s and I saw it first hand when in press conferences someone would ask a question and the person being asked would say "who are you with? <pause for answer> Yeah, thought so, next question."

It is NOT new, not even close.

This is in no way to say that Trump wasn't damaging to the reputation of the news media, he absolutely was, both in him calling some companies liars but also in slavishly loving on Fox at times. He's terrible, no question, but most of what he did is not really new the way many seem to think.

I am sorry, but I can compare anything to anything. The Russian language does not make a good hat rack. See? Anything can be compared.
    Usually you're so hesitant on making direct comparisons though. I guess when you're joking around it isn't quite so difficult.

Where did I say it was caused by these administrations? I am saying the sickness got worst during the Trump administration due to his direct, not indirect, or ongoing policies, actions. Yes, Bush injured the middle east, but he still supported American Muslim's attempts to build a Mosque in NYC. He didn't push racism. I watch as he took an important issue, criminal justice, and bastardize it into a culture war. I am looking at trends. Did it get better or not. We got way far more divided due to his direct actions than Bush on social issues. Everything this guy touched got corrupted for his personal gain and feeding his ego. He destroys traditions and has people questioning government agencies including the CDC. He may be off golfing somewhere, but the feeling he stirred up isn't going away because Biden is in the office. He encourages craziness. Remember the bleach solution? It will disappear this summer? Misdirecting people to do things that are harmful to themselves or society is very big in my opinion.
    All that foul crap was already there — simmering — but still just a bit out of the spotlight.

Sure, Trump helped it boil over, and guess what? I think that’s a good thing. Now it’s not undercover. The truth that has always been just came into the spotlight. Trump may have helped birth it, but the foulness was there, festering, just waiting to emerge.

We have been shown America’s true colors, or at least we see them more clearly.

At least now we might be able to counter it when we can see it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    All that foul crap was already there — simmering — but still just a bit out of the spotlight.

Sure, Trump helped it boil over, and guess what? I think that’s a good thing. Now it’s not undercover. The truth that has always been just came into the spotlight. Trump may have helped birth it, but the foulness was there, festering, just waiting to emerge.

We have been shown America’s true colors, or at least we see them more clearly.

At least now we might be able to counter it when we can see it better.
    Sorry my friend, but the idea that Trump helped boil it over is a good thing chills my brain cells. Increased hostility towards minorities is a threat to me and mines which I don't find worthwhile just to have a spotlight on it.

And just because this is spotlighted doesn't mean it will be addressed. Joe "nothing is going to change" Biden " and his "top cop" vice don't give too many Blacks hope on this front. We have a bad habit of letting things fester without doing anything about it. Criminal justice problems for one. You see the police departments across the country changing their tune with the spotlight on them? These guys were beating up protesters who were protesting their overly aggressive policies. And when the national news continues showing these incidents, they started in on them. Did Trump protect the press or their rights? Nope. He continued to encourage hostility toward them. The fourth pillar of democracy.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-22-2021 at 02:53 PM.

Martin Luther King.

The fake news thing WAY pre-dates Trump. It's not going away. And people never stopped believing in experts, what matters is which experts they listen to. And unfortunately that is not a party affiliation issue.
    I disagree. I feel like 8 years ago if I told people CNN is liberal propaganda they would look at me confused.

People only recently started calling this stuff out (fox has been called out for a while because they are so extreme), and then ironically swallow even faker news from trump.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Usually you're so hesitant on making direct comparisons though. I guess when you're joking around it isn't quite so difficult.
    I can compare anything you like any time, but that doesn't mean you will agree with my take.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I disagree. I feel like 8 years ago if I told people CNN is liberal propaganda they would look at me confused.

People only recently started calling this stuff out (fox has been called out for a while because they are so extreme), and then ironically swallow even faker news from trump.
    You can think the calling out the media stuff is new but it really really isn't.

https://publicdomainreview.org/colle...-19th-century/

Nm
    Last edited by Crovash; 01-22-2021 at 05:02 PM.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast