Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Who is you guys? That isn't an actual defense of the idea the general public isn't aware of media bias. Again someone can point to one of many things Trump did and say the same for now (when you are claiming people now are aware compared to then). It doesn't even logically hold much weight considering the response to Coronavirus you already mentioned by a large portion (as just one example). There were also many people against the war, February 15th I think it was had millions across the world even. This does nothing to show there wasn't a general awareness of media bias because you found one single example where many bought in to some propaganda at one point in time for a variety of reasons like political bias, hatred of brown people as you say, following the President, etc. that might not necessarily even be media based.

This doesn't prove anything and is lacking common sense is the issue. If you think you are the sole decider of the general public awareness of propaganda because you are Muslim well then ok. I don't think anyone's identity alone decides these things at all is my point, the logic behind the argument is. I also never said there isn't propaganda against Muslims (there is and as noted I often call it out on here) so it's just another disingenuous argument. My point was that it existing isn't proof of the population not generally being aware of media having bias, which you haven't connected in any way.
    You guys is just a general reference to people who responding in that thread. And to add, we are people who visit an online political forum, we are more aware of political things than majority of people.

I'm not saying trump supporters are more aware, they tell fake news and then believe even faker news, its bizarre. But there does seem to be more awareness amongst moderates and I feel like the fake news voice has something to do with it.

It does SOMETHING for my argument, it's an example. It doesnt mean I proved I'm right or anything, I'm just giving you an example of what I'm talking about.

I'm not expecting it to be something that will make you switch your opinion, but just showing you there is SOME weight behind my words.

Being muslim doesnt make me the sole decider of anything, but when the propganda is about MY identity, it should be obvious why I would notice things much clearer and easily than those around me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

You keep thinking that you're the only person in the room that's aware of propaganda (because you're Muslim or something, yet you say you're not religious?) which is absolutely ridiculous.

*not to mention how much you're affected by Chinese propaganda

GW Bush vs. Trump

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    You guys is just a general reference to people who responding in that thread. And to add, we are people who visit an online political forum, we are more aware of political things than majority of people.

I'm not saying trump supporters are more aware, they tell fake news and then believe even faker news, its bizarre. But there does seem to be more awareness amongst moderates and I feel like the fake news voice has something to do with it.

It does SOMETHING for my argument, it's an example. It doesnt mean I proved I'm right or anything, I'm just giving you an example of what I'm talking about.

I'm not expecting it to be something that will make you switch your opinion, but just showing you there is SOME weight behind my words.

Being muslim doesnt make me the sole decider of anything, but when the propganda is about MY identity, it should be obvious why I would notice things much clearer and easily than those around me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Sure, just like sluggo has something to say about certain groups. You do too, it something I guess no denying that. The issue is that you canít back it up with anything remotely strong to make the point about the groups you label. Your approach is nearly identical to what you would normally call out (if itís a group you associate with of course, double standards).

I donít think you understand propaganda at all really tbh after some of our conversations. No doubt youíve experienced plenty of bias but your identity isnít going to make everything you say about the topic legitimate and you canít really provide anything but said identity and loose connections you make due to your experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mngopher35; 01-27-2021 at 09:59 AM.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819