Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    if pre-Trump was a 10, post-Trump was more like 25
    All he's really done is say the quiet part outloud. The core Republican stuff is still there, which is why you're seeing him be so popular within the party. He lost them the presidency but maintains an 80-85% popularity with the party.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Time will erode his support in the republican party. The American attentive span will kick in.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    All he's really done is say the quiet part outloud. The core Republican stuff is still there, which is why you're seeing him be so popular within the party. He lost them the presidency but maintains an 80-85% popularity with the party.
    With the politicians or do you think Trump is scoring an 85% with all registered republicans? That certainly wouldn't match the numbers I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    With the politicians or do you think Trump is scoring an 85% with all registered republicans? That certainly wouldn't match the numbers I've seen.
    Sorry it looks like it fell to 82%.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/...ald-trump.aspx

Get back on track? What existing policies of the GOP didn't he just crank up from 10 to 11?
    Policy wise no, I don’t see change there. But at least present some responsible leadership again.

you're equating a vote with popularity I'm assuming, or you get nowhere near 80%
    I know quite a few people whose vote for Trump was 'Yes, he's a dbag, but I want a conservative'
    That's not being popular, it's just being what they felt was the better choice....like every vote

I also call bull **** on 'the quiet part out loud' given much of his rhetoric was NEVER in the platform before
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I saw this thread a couple days ago and thought it was a really good topic. My gut was that Trump was worse than Bush because of his lies and his alternate facts reality and constant war with the truth, but after thinking about it, I'm gonna say George W. Bush was a worse President.

Keep in mind, we had Bush as President for twice as long as we did Trump and Bush's cronies were equivalent to Trump's in their pure awfulness (Cheney, Rove, Rumsfeld, ect). Under Bush, we had the worst terror attack in our nation's history, wrongfully invaded a foreign country through lies and deceit to steal their oil resulting in the deaths of millions, overthrew the regime of said country destabilizing the entire middle-east region to this day, opened a foreign detention center for the sole purpose of committing war crimes, the terrible response to Hurricane Katrina that made it the costliest hurricane in U.S. history (it's the 3rd deadliest), and the worst economic crisis since the great depression. That's ALOT.

George W. Bush should honestly be in jail for the crimes his administration committed when he was in office. His administration intentionally lied to Congress, committed a crime, about invading Iraq which resulted in millions of deaths in the middle-east. His administration tortured, humiliated, and abused prisoners, and illegally detained many of them. That war also killed over 4400 US troops, as of 2016, that would otherwise be alive if not for that lie. The U.S. spent a total of over $2 trillion on that war. The Iraq War alone should have gotten him impeached from office and convicted.

Donald Trump was terrible in basically every way. He's an utter buffoon who doesn't know anything and is proud of it. He's the only U.S. President to excite an insurrection against the United States. He's easily the most corrupt politician of my lifetime, and that's really saying something, and his brand of politics did irreversible harm to our society, but he doesn't have something like the Iraq War plaguing his Presidency. I know COVID is much worse and far costlier because of Trump, but the Iraq War is probably the worst mistake the U.S. has ever made. The Iraq War, and all the effects it has had on the world, was more damaging than anything Trump did. Add in all the other terrible things that happened in George W. Bush's Presidency, and he actually beats out Trump as the worst President in modern history.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 01-22-2021 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    I saw this thread a couple days ago and thought it was a really good topic. My gut was that Trump was worse than Bush because of his lies and his alternate facts reality and constant war with the truth, but after thinking about it, I'm gonna say George W. Bush was a worse President.

Keep in mind, we had Bush as President for twice as long as we did Trump and Bush's cronies were equivalent to Trump's in their pure awfulness (Cheney, Rove, Rumsfeld, ect). Under Bush, we had the worst terror attack in our nation's history, wrongfully invaded a foreign country through lies and deceit to steal their oil resulting in the deaths of millions, overthrew the regime of said country destabilizing the entire middle-east region to this day, opened a foreign detention center for the sole purpose of committing war crimes, the terrible response to Hurricane Katrina that made it the costliest hurricane in U.S. history (it's the 3rd deadliest), and the worst economic crisis since the great depression. That's ALOT.

George W. Bush should honestly be in jail for the crimes his administration committed when he was in office. His administration intentionally lied to Congress, committed a crime, about invading Iraq which resulted in millions of deaths in the middle-east. His administration tortured, humiliated, and abused prisoners, and illegally detained many of them. That war also killed over 4400 US troops, as of 2016, that would otherwise be alive if not for that lie. The U.S. spent a total of over $2 trillion on that war. The Iraq War alone should have gotten him impeached from office and convicted.

Donald Trump was terrible in basically every way. He's an utter buffoon who doesn't know anything and is proud of it. He's the only U.S. President to excite an insurrection against the United States. He's easily the most corrupt politician of my lifetime, and that's really saying something, and his brand of politics did irreversible harm to our society, but he doesn't have something like the Iraq War plaguing his Presidency. I know COVID is much worse and far costlier because of Trump, but the Iraq War is probably the worst mistake the U.S. has ever made. The Iraq War, and all the effects it has had on the world, was more damaging than anything Trump did. Add in all the other terrible things that happened in George W. Bush's Presidency, and he actually beats out Trump as the worst President in modern history.
    Good post which echoes my original sentiments.

I notice that some posts here suggest that Bush’s negative impact can be mitigated by virtue of the fact that it was simply the extension of standard domestic and international policy already in existence (established and sustained by both parties for decades).

Even so, Bush and his cohorts let these policies not only flourish, but blossom — much to the detriment of the welfare of the country.

And the bottom line really is how toxic these policies are and continue to be.

We’ll probably recover from Trump’s ultimately feeble attempts to undermine democracy (see how quickly he abandoned his base to go play golf with the scum suckers he pardoned), and maybe become even be stronger as a result, despite things like the packing of the judiciary.

Maybe we’ll regain our stature abroad, recind some of the environmental deregulations, and perhaps even figure out how to tax the rich.

None of which will be just — I fear we’ll simply go back to the Clinton/Bush/Obama years with political and economic business as usual.

Give it a few years to see if his impact on our democracy is worst than Bush. His rhetoric deepens the divide in this country and I just don't see that healing in a few years. Will people start believing in experts and the press again and stop all this fake news stuff when something doesn't fit their beliefs just because he is gone?. Broken trust is hard to repair and we have to restore that to be able to correct any of our problems.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

I am sorry, but the social unrest during Biden just can't be compared to unrest that Trump encouraged.

Martin Luther King.

Sorry it looks like it fell to 82%.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/...ald-trump.aspx
    I was asking what you meant by "the party" and what you apparently meant was Gallup polling. Good thing they are so accurate

I don't doubt that republicans overall support Trump still, I was just wondering what that percentage means ... it's just a binary question so it's not how much they approve but just do the approve of him more than they disapprove of him. So if they like him .00000000000001% more than they dislike him it's "APPROVE".

I saw some other polling that had his favor among the members of the party at below 4 on an "out of 10" ranking when given a range to evaluate him (How good of a job do you think Trump is doing 1-10). Interestingly they were VERY in favor of finding someone LIKE him (but not him) for 2024, like near 80%.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I am sorry, but the social unrest during Biden just can't be compared to unrest that Trump encouraged.
    I am sorry, but I can compare anything to anything. The Russian language does not make a good hat rack. See? Anything can be compared.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Give it a few years to see if his impact on our democracy is worst than Bush. His rhetoric deepens the divide in this country and I just don't see that healing in a few years. Will people start believing in experts and the press again and stop all this fake news stuff when something doesn't fit their beliefs just because he is gone?. Broken trust is hard to repair and we have to restore that to be able to correct any of our problems.
    The fake news thing WAY pre-dates Trump. It's not going away. And people never stopped believing in experts, what matters is which experts they listen to. And unfortunately that is not a party affiliation issue.

The fake news thing WAY pre-dates Trump. It's not going away. And people never stopped believing in experts, what matters is which experts they listen to. And unfortunately that is not a party affiliation issue.
    Yeah, I remember Obama and other presidents calling the new media fake news, not. And people social gathering and not wearing a mask during a pandemic was them following Covid protocol set by medical experts, not.

Martin Luther King.

I was asking what you meant by "the party" and what you apparently meant was Gallup polling. Good thing they are so accurate

I don't doubt that republicans overall support Trump still, I was just wondering what that percentage means ... it's just a binary question so it's not how much they approve but just do the approve of him more than they disapprove of him. So if they like him .00000000000001% more than they dislike him it's "APPROVE".

I saw some other polling that had his favor among the members of the party at below 4 on an "out of 10" ranking when given a range to evaluate him (How good of a job do you think Trump is doing 1-10). Interestingly they were VERY in favor of finding someone LIKE him (but not him) for 2024, like near 80%.
    Can you send specific information detailing where Gallup has been inaccurate? You pointed out that they are inaccurate with the little smiley but I don't see any specifics on that to justify that accusation. They asked Republicans their opinion on Trump and got an incredibly high rating.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast