Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I got you. What's even more bizarre is that they call out fake news, then believe trumps psychopathic 3am tweets.

I dont know about misinformation, but clearly a major player in the growing divide of our politics. For example, the ENTIRE country botched covid for the first two months, yet they never put a spotlight on our Dem governor Gavin Newsome, or NY governor, who allowed his state to send airplanes all over the country during an outbreak. That's a major screw up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Failed reporting sure. But propaganda?

These are 2 very different things.

Again that's why I always say, CNN is **** sure, but they aren't left-wing propaganda. There's a difference.

Oh and I completely agree on Cuomo. He's a PoS, and he's tried to throw Trump under the bus for every failure in New York. Trump deserves a lot of blame for Covid, but we can't allow Cuomo to weasel out of responsibility for this.

He also sent the first wave of Covid patients to retirement homes. And I think he's preventing a study to see how many people he killed by doing that. Although I think I was just told that 2nd part, I haven't done any digging on the subject.

Oh and I suggest anyone to read the book "This is not Propaganda". It's related to the propaganda used in Russia to develop huge mistrust in the media... It might feel eerily similar to what has happened the last 5 years.

I watched desert storm on tv. Much more tuned in than you realize.

No, you're right: you were probably just as tuned in to politics and media propaganda as a child as you are now in your 30's (aka not at all).

So one can only point out propganda if they are under the influence of propganda..?

Which ones the chicken and which ones the egg?

You really have trouble keeping up, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post

Again that's why I always say, CNN is **** sure, but they aren't left-wing propaganda. There's a difference.

Oh and I completely agree on Cuomo. He's a PoS, and he's tried to throw Trump under the bus for every failure in New York. Trump deserves a lot of blame for Covid, but we can't allow Cuomo to weasel out of responsibility for this.

He also sent the first wave of Covid patients to retirement homes. And I think he's preventing a study to see how many people he killed by doing that. Although I think I was just told that 2nd part, I haven't done any digging on the subject.
    In case you were not aware, you're talking to a guy who actively watches and compliments CGTN, all while constantly claiming everyone else (left and right) is so inundated with American propaganda that they can't properly think for themselves. Dude's views on this subject are cartoonish at best.

If the failed reporting is consistent and purposeful, I would consider it propganda.

I might be using that word more lightly than most people do.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    No, you're right: you were probably just as tuned in to politics and media propaganda as a child as you are now in your 30's (aka not at all).
    There is something to be said when the target is on a 7 year olds back. Innocence is a powerful thing.

You had no clue what propganda was when your mind was in that stage. I did. Not fleshed out or fully coherent, not even recognized at the time, but I did have a clue.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

If the failed reporting is consistent and purposeful, I would consider it propganda.

I might be using that word more lightly than most people do.

Well that's actually a huge topic. Even people who study history, psychology and other relevant intellectuals can have a problem accurately defining it.

What I get worried about is really the repetition of Fox and even worse Trump. The way he kept interrupting Biden in the debate saying "Hunter Biden" and "emails". This is how you manipulate someone's world view. Especially after 4 years of using the "fake news" narrative. And you slowly but surely connect these dots to create a new world view.

A good leftist example of this is Kyle Kulinski on secular talk (a terrible youtube channel). He pushes the "deep state" mythos, and constantly does the same thing. He constantly does the "i told you so", but constantly plays both sides. He repeats the same phrases constantly. Slowly changing them over time. Slowly downloading his worldview (or the worldview he wants you to believe). It's very intentional. And it's very manipulative.

CNN just isn't anywhere near Fox in this. It's comparing a sniffle to Colon cancer as far as danger goes.

There is something to be said when the target is on a 7 year olds back. Innocence is a powerful thing.

You had no clue what propganda was when your mind was in that stage. I did. Not fleshed out or fully coherent, not even recognized at the time, but I did have a clue.

Your strange delusions never fail to make me laugh.

CNN just isn't anywhere near Fox in this. It's comparing a sniffle to Colon cancer as far as danger goes.
    I agree on your CNN vs. FOX point. To be fair, I think many on PSD began basically equating the two as a way to satiate SpecialFNK's constant belly aching about CNN. Kind of a "yes, they're a poor and biased news source too" sort of preemptive compromise made in an attempt to lessen the chance of him turning every single thread in to his favorite never ending bias in media conversation (which ends up happening regardless unfortunately). While CNN certainly isn't my choice for news, they aren't nearly as ridiculous and dangerous as FOX.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I agree on your CNN vs. FOX point. To be fair, I think many on PSD began basically equating the two as a way to satiate SpecialFNK's constant belly aching about CNN. Kind of a "yes, they're a poor and biased news source too" sort of preemptive compromise made in an attempt to lessen the chance of him turning every single thread in to his favorite never ending bias in media conversation (which ends up happening regardless unfortunately). While CNN certainly isn't my choice for news, they aren't nearly as ridiculous and dangerous as FOX.
    Speaking of propagandists.... When we figure out in 10 years we've been arguing with a russia AI bot... gonna feel so stupid

That's awesome, I grew up in america in the 90's, also post 911, no people were not aware that they were being fed propaganda. Like I said, we can disagree, that's fine. The concept of media being controlled by business was alive and kicking, but people never actually applied it to their perspective of news. Today, people do. So much so, some people just flat out believe the covid is a hoax. They're like the news just lies.

I see a clear difference. If you dont then ok. You dont have to agree.
    You didn't answer ... do you know what a politician is saying when they say "Trust me"?

I agree that the news media was different in the past but that doesn't really mean anything, you said the awareness of fake news is new and it's absolutely not.

If the news wasn't controlled by corporate interests in the 60s and 70s why does the move Network (1976) exist?

The fact is also that we're pointing at the news as if they're the problem. The American people are the problem. There are unbiased sources of news out there. They just don't want to listen to dry, boring news. They want to hear someone yelling about their country being taken away. Or how Trump eats too much McDonalds.

ABC is the most moderate place for news in cable.. And guess what? They're the worst rated. People love bias. They just think it makes them look smart to say how bad bias is.
    I don't think they think about it at all. People fundamentally like to see news they agree with ... it's not a conscious decision for most humans.

It is pretty funny thought hat people are in this loop of *****ing about propaganda that they were propagated to ***** about lol.
    The whole two party system results in it by default. Us vs them is a powerful message and it's easy to sell.

No I'm saying that this whole "CNN is fake News" push has gotten people to literally think that they are just like Fox, and equivocate the 2.

I still don't really know the last time I heard CNN use actually propaganda in their reporting. Granted I don't watch much of them anymore.

What wide spread opinions of misinformation have been spread by CNN?
    I don't consume any of them but I think we need to start with a definition of "fake news".

Is it fake news if the headline puts a spin on a story that is disingenuous?

Is it fake news if the images used on a story put a spin on a story that is disingenuous?

Is it fake news if the a significant portion of the story is omitted to put a spin on a story that is disingenuous?

Or does a story have to be a total fabrication to qualify?

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast