Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    No it's not. You just don't know how bad it used to be.
    Maybe not, but I have watched lots of news media clips from 60's and 70's, clearly superior journalism. Not even close.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Wait, that's a new one. Are you saying we are brain washed by jews? Or by Nazis? Or both?
    I'm saying that when america was putting to trial and execution the Nazi regime they applied a different set of rules to Hitlers propaganda division and instead of putting them on trial they imported them to America to come work for us.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    It's not though as Scoots is noting.

I also think a lot of people right now see "fake news" as simply something going against their partisan beliefs. What is fake news for a CNN watcher and Fox news watcher may be different and the issue is that neither is aware they are still falling for the same propaganda while screaming "fake news" at others.

That's not an actual awareness of the issue. That part has definitely been riled up in recent years with this POTUS but it isn't some massive awareness by the people.
    This is the type of "same type of shoe different feet" rhetoric drives me crazy. CNN is garbage. They play to their ratings. They have a liberal bias. But to act like they are both propaganda is just silly.

Do they politicize issues to misinform their viewers? Do they promote lies for the sheer reason of gaining votes? Do they hype up fear unreasonably?

Alot of the "hysteria from CNN" about Trump ended up being pretty damn accurate.

But Fox continues to promote lies about election fraud (and have for years). There' whole "voter fraud" campaign is merely and attempt to make it harder for people to vote, because it's advantageous to Conservative politicians. They've downplayed the dangers of normalizing radicalized viewpoints, and giving them credence, and never challenging them. People like Hannity were literally in direct contact with Trump and influencing his policy, and Trump was influencing their rhetoric.

I mean Covid a lone tells you quite a bit about Fox. A national pandemic where we desperately needed accurate information. ANd they used it to manipulate people and politicize it.

CNN is biased news, and they make mistakes. Fox is legitimately fake news, propagated by the government (or at least has been for the last 4 years).

If you consider yourself a liberal and are playing the "man in the middle" role on this issue you are part of the problem, and dead wrong.

Fox, particularly their actual journalism, is not nearly as bad as say OAN or NewsMax. Itís mainly their prime time political pundits that are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    That's awesome, I grew up in america in the 90's, also post 911, no people were not aware that they were being fed propaganda. Like I said, we can disagree, that's fine. The concept of media being controlled by business was alive and kicking, but people never actually applied it to their perspective of news. Today, people do. So much so, some people just flat out believe the covid is a hoax. They're like the news just lies.

I see a clear difference. If you dont then ok. You dont have to agree.

....or maybe you were just a child in the 90's and weren't as in tune to things as you are pretending you were.

The fact is also that we're pointing at the news as if they're the problem. The American people are the problem. There are unbiased sources of news out there. They just don't want to listen to dry, boring news. They want to hear someone yelling about their country being taken away. Or how Trump eats too much McDonalds.

ABC is the most moderate place for news in cable.. And guess what? They're the worst rated. People love bias. They just think it makes them look smart to say how bad bias is.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Fox, particularly their actual journalism, is not nearly as bad as say OAN or NewsMax. Itís mainly their prime time political pundits that are the problem.
    I definitely agree, but the problem is their "real news" guys are not trusted by their own fans because the opinion side calls them fake news lol.

And over the last 25 years we see Fox continuously churn over to opinion news. In another 10 years I bet all of fox is going to be a bunch of Tucker clones and what not.

You can attempt to point it out if you'd like...

That's what I just did. I know you're too bought in to the propaganda to see through it though. Best of luck breaking free.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    That's what I just did. I know you're too bought in to the propaganda to see through it though. Best of luck breaking free.
    It is pretty funny thought hat people are in this loop of *****ing about propaganda that they were propagated to ***** about lol.

....or maybe you were just a child in the 90's and weren't as in tune to things as you are pretending you were.
    I watched desert storm on tv. Much more tuned in than you realize.

Like I said, feel free to point it out if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    It is pretty funny thought hat people are in this loop of *****ing about propaganda that they were propagated to ***** about lol.
    So one can only point out propganda if they are under the influence of propganda..?

Which ones the chicken and which ones the egg?

So one can only point out propganda if they are under the influence of propganda..?

Which ones the chicken and which ones the egg?

No I'm saying that this whole "CNN is fake News" push has gotten people to literally think that they are just like Fox, and equivocate the 2.

I still don't really know the last time I heard CNN use actually propaganda in their reporting. Granted I don't watch much of them anymore.

What wide spread opinions of misinformation have been spread by CNN?

And the leftists on this site should do a mirror check lol. Because I've heard people in this forum countless times post that same medicare for all poll that has been propagated by Leftist online media ad nauseum. The people who think that medicare for all is loved by all, but don't dig deeper than one poll that was pushed on them over and over again, need to recognize they are victims of this as well. You don't need a major news network to manipulate people.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    No I'm saying that this whole "CNN is fake News" push has gotten people to literally think that they are just like Fox, and equivocate the 2.

I still don't really know the last time I heard CNN use actually propaganda in their reporting. Granted I don't watch much of them anymore.

What wide spread opinions of misinformation have been spread by CNN?
    I got you. What's even more bizarre is that they call out fake news, then believe trumps psychopathic 3am tweets.

I dont know about misinformation, but clearly a major player in the growing divide of our politics. For example, the ENTIRE country botched covid for the first two months, yet they never put a spotlight on our Dem governor Gavin Newsome, or NY governor, who allowed his state to send airplanes all over the country during an outbreak. That's a major screw up.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast