Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 274
  1. #91
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,238
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, wow, yes I know. I am saying for the average citizen to be aware of this, it is a new thing.



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It's not though as Scoots is noting.

    I also think a lot of people right now see "fake news" as simply something going against their partisan beliefs. What is fake news for a CNN watcher and Fox news watcher may be different and the issue is that neither is aware they are still falling for the same propaganda while screaming "fake news" at others.

    That's not an actual awareness of the issue. That part has definitely been riled up in recent years with this POTUS but it isn't some massive awareness by the people.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    13,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    The analogy was intended to reflect the need for accountibility for all parties, not to compare Manson’s position or leadership with Trump’s. That said, I still have little sympathy for the rabid Trump followers — the kind that charged into Congress. They are messed up, lost, and a desperate collection of flag-waving idiots.
    I didn't think the Manson analogy was a good one and I explained why. If you think it is purely a personal accountability issue when it comes to these raiders, then you agree with Special that Trump is totally innocent of inciting that raid. Do leaders have any accountability for their followers' actions? If so, where is that line drawn?


    Yes, but that respect for the individual is and should be transcended by our respect for the insitutions he/she serves. These people invaded Congress. What kind of respect is that for the institutions of this country?
    Ideally yes. We don't live in an ideal world. Ideally, a Christian nation wouldn't wipe out the Native Americans and continue slavery a hundred years after signing "We the people..."

    Do people talk about the Constitution or their leaders' interpretation or spin of the Constitution when making their decisions? It isn't right but that is how our world turns. Politicians know that and that is why they are able to get away with their bs. If people firmly follow the Constitution over our leaders' spin, we wouldn't have a majority of the problems we have. We are constantly correcting the sins of our fathers. And sometimes we don't give a crap about enforcing the Constitution if it doesn't work for us. Self-interest is more powerful than enlightening policies. You are an environmentalist and you have seen how politicians twisted the issue into people's self-interest.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-23-2021 at 05:02 PM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

    Martin Luther King.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Citizen Kane was a HUGE movie. It's been in public awareness a long long time. It's not new. The current level of awareness and discussion of it has recently gone up, but it's not a new thing by any means.

    Mark Anthony (as in Anthony and Cleopatra) had barkers calling out Octavius (later named Augustus Caesar) for him spreading fake news in order to be the first Roman Emperor (which happened).
    It's new. Trust me. 10 years ago, other than hardcore right wingers no one would just accept that cnn is left wing propaganda. Today, it's almost common knowledge.

    If you disagree then fine, we disagree. To me it's a major diff.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,121
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    It's not though as Scoots is noting.

    I also think a lot of people right now see "fake news" as simply something going against their partisan beliefs. What is fake news for a CNN watcher and Fox news watcher may be different and the issue is that neither is aware they are still falling for the same propaganda while screaming "fake news" at others.

    That's not an actual awareness of the issue. That part has definitely been riled up in recent years with this POTUS but it isn't some massive awareness by the people.
    Maybe not, but at least it's on the table now. Before it really wasnt.

    Ay the same.time, news is much more extreme and obvious now in their propaganda.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  5. #95
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    56,778
    CGTN is hella dope tho

  6. #96
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,238
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Maybe not, but at least it's on the table now. Before it really wasnt.

    Ay the same.time, news is much more extreme and obvious now in their propaganda.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    What do you mean by on the table? As scoots pointed out it always has been.

    I think one of the biggest changes is related to technology and information being at everyone’s fingertips. It was probably easier to get away with making things up before without looking ridiculous, now everyone can fact check what’s said immediately.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,121
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    CGTN is hella dope tho
    Still doesnt hold a candle to western propaganda. Our propganda system has heavy influence from Hitler's nazi propaganda system. We imported them for a reason.

    Your, and surprisingly number of other posters, mental.short circuit at the mention of china is that reason [emoji846]

    That's a learned response. Who taught it to you?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 01-23-2021 at 09:43 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,121
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    What do you mean by on the table? As scoots pointed out it always has been.

    I think one of the biggest changes is related to technology and information being at everyone’s fingertips. It was probably easier to get away with making things up before without looking ridiculous, now everyone can fact check what’s said immediately.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On the table meaning somewhat within the purview of mainstream society.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #99
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    56,778
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Still doesnt hold a candle to western propaganda. Our propganda system has heavy influence from Hitler's nazi propaganda system. We imported them for a reason.

    Your, and surprisingly number of other posters, mental.short circuit at the mention of china is that reason [emoji846]

    Ring ring, slobber slobber, lol

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I'm sorry, dude. It's simply impossible to take you seriously when you chirp about media propaganda. Ish works on you about as well as it does on anyone; you're just oddly drawn in by Chinese media instead of the normal FOX/CNN kinda situation.

    It's funny stuff and I can't help but point it out.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,981
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    It's new. Trust me. 10 years ago, other than hardcore right wingers no one would just accept that cnn is left wing propaganda. Today, it's almost common knowledge.

    If you disagree then fine, we disagree. To me it's a major diff.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Oh! Trust you. Why didn't you say that earlier?

    Do you know what a politician is saying to you when they say "Trust me"?

    You are wrong. There have been studies on biased media for generations.

    Hell it used to be right in the masthead of newspapers. Here, look for yourself. Go to this page and search for "Democrat" and "Republican" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

    This is NOT new, and it is absolutely not a partisan issue.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,981
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Maybe not, but at least it's on the table now. Before it really wasnt.

    Ay the same.time, news is much more extreme and obvious now in their propaganda.
    No it's not. You just don't know how bad it used to be.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,981
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    What do you mean by on the table? As scoots pointed out it always has been.

    I think one of the biggest changes is related to technology and information being at everyone’s fingertips. It was probably easier to get away with making things up before without looking ridiculous, now everyone can fact check what’s said immediately.
    Yes and no. Before the internet there were multiple established news sources to be used as a check ... 20 years ago in the Bay Area there were 7 newspapers and they were in major competition with each other so the papers were constantly trying to catch each other in mistakes let alone outright lies. Now with the internet a concerted effort can spread a lie so far it becomes hard to be certain it's fake, and the discipline to follow comments all the way to the a source that can be validated through a scientific journal and peer review or through multiple validated and reasonable sources ... is rare. I chose to narrow my consumption of media in part because the fact checking takes so long now

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,981
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Still doesnt hold a candle to western propaganda. Our propganda system has heavy influence from Hitler's nazi propaganda system. We imported them for a reason.

    Your, and surprisingly number of other posters, mental.short circuit at the mention of china is that reason [emoji846]

    That's a learned response. Who taught it to you?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wait, that's a new one. Are you saying we are brain washed by jews? Or by Nazis? Or both?

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Oh! Trust you. Why didn't you say that earlier?

    Do you know what a politician is saying to you when they say "Trust me"?

    You are wrong. There have been studies on biased media for generations.

    Hell it used to be right in the masthead of newspapers. Here, look for yourself. Go to this page and search for "Democrat" and "Republican" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

    This is NOT new, and it is absolutely not a partisan issue.
    That's awesome, I grew up in america in the 90's, also post 911, no people were not aware that they were being fed propaganda. Like I said, we can disagree, that's fine. The concept of media being controlled by business was alive and kicking, but people never actually applied it to their perspective of news. Today, people do. So much so, some people just flat out believe the covid is a hoax. They're like the news just lies.

    I see a clear difference. If you dont then ok. You dont have to agree.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,121
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'm sorry, dude. It's simply impossible to take you seriously when you chirp about media propaganda. Ish works on you about as well as it does on anyone; you're just oddly drawn in by Chinese media instead of the normal FOX/CNN kinda situation.

    It's funny stuff and I can't help but point it out.
    You can attempt to point it out if you'd like...

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •