Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    There are some offenses that are "no chance for redemption" and this is one of those. Mainly because...

1. He sent 60+ unreplied messages within a 2 month or more period.... Like she was ignoring him and he was still spamming her.

2. He was abusing his power at this moment especially with a text such as "anything I can do to help you work related"

3. He escalated it so much. From bulge to actual nude pics. Again, she was not replying.

4. And this is the one that really does him in.... HE HID IT FOR 5 ****ING YEARS
    There should ALWAYS be a chance for redemption in life.. Now that does NOT mean the Mets should have somehow decided to keep him on. They did the right thing, as I said. My issue is with this self righteous, holier than thou attitude that people have. I guarantee you, many of those same people have hidden demons they'd be embarrassed of, if brought to light. I really hope the guy honestly humbles himself and gets the help he needs. Seems like he was/is stuck deep in a perverted mindset and needs a professional to help him through, if he's willing..

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    No chance at redemption? You make it sound like he committed 1st-degree murder. And even those guys can get a 2nd chance at redemption. Make no mistake, he’s a creep and a loser for this. But instead of being a child and ignoring him, why couldn’t she be an adult and reject his advances or block his number when he kept texting?

The article just makes a bunch of excuses for her actions. If she said his bulge pic was inappropriate instead of laughing and saying she liked it, I guarantee he never sends a dick pic and would have likely apologized and stopped texting her period.

Social media is really just a bunch of keyboard warriors on their high horse looking to tear people down for likes and retweets. No one wants to hear both sides of the story or have an unpopular opinion. This whole situation could have easily been avoided with proper communication. That much is obvious.
    Nah dude.

You clearly don’t understand the dynamic here of a person trying to get into business and being afraid of retribution if she reported him to his bosses or straight out rebuffed him. He had a power position but even if at first he thought she was into him, why on hell continue to send texts weeks after she stopped responding?

I mean holy ****!!

After 3 unanswered texts he should of figured he did something wrong or she was not into it, but he decided 62 texts and a concrete stop it response was what needed to be done for him to stop?

Imagine if she did not responded? How long would he has continue?

Nah dude your making excuses for him! That’s the problem here.

They had to fire him. Better sooner than later. This was not one brief indiscretion.

No chance at redemption? You make it sound like he committed 1st-degree murder. And even those guys can get a 2nd chance at redemption. Make no mistake, he’s a creep and a loser for this. But instead of being a child and ignoring him, why couldn’t she be an adult and reject his advances or block his number when he kept texting?

The article just makes a bunch of excuses for her actions. If she said his bulge pic was inappropriate instead of laughing and saying she liked it, I guarantee he never sends a dick pic and would have likely apologized and stopped texting her period.

Social media is really just a bunch of keyboard warriors on their high horse looking to tear people down for likes and retweets. No one wants to hear both sides of the story or have an unpopular opinion. This whole situation could have easily been avoided with proper communication. That much is obvious.
    Are you reading the same story I read? It started off innocent as he sent a selfie of himself and she sent one of herself too. Then he asked if she wanted more and she said yes as she didn't understand what was going on (remember she's not a native English speaker). Then it got more aggressive and lewd so she stopped replying. Then he sent the bulge picture. Then she again stopped replying. Then he sent a nude picture. And then at some point she replied for him to stop and that was when he said "anything I can help you work related"

Do you not see the problem here? Do you not see how there is no chance for redemption. We aren't saying send him to jail but do you see how he should never get an MLB job as a GM or something. He did this as an executive, now he is a GM. Can you imagine how much worst it can be now that his power is SO MUCH GREATER than it was back then.

He preyed on this person... He sent 60+ unwanted messages. He escalated the situation. And then he tried to bury it under the rug with the "let me know if there's anything work related I can help you with."

Then he kept it hidden from the Cubs, D'Backs, and Mets for 5 whole ****ing years. Do you really think he deserves a second chance? Do you really think he deserves to be a GM of any team? Again there is no redemption. His MLB executive career should be over now. This isn't a keyboard warrior, social media warrior type ****. This is a guy who abused his power as an executive and then kept it hidden for 5 years while he rose in his profession.

Do you think a guy like that should ever get a job as a GM again?

Quote Originally Posted by Mannyfnz View Post
    There should ALWAYS be a chance for redemption in life.. Now that does NOT mean the Mets should have somehow decided to keep him on. They did the right thing, as I said. My issue is with this self righteous, holier than thou attitude that people have. I guarantee you, many of those same people have hidden demons they'd be embarrassed of, if brought to light. I really hope the guy honestly humbles himself and gets the help he needs. Seems like he was/is stuck deep in a perverted mindset and needs a professional to help him through, if he's willing..
    There is a chance at redemption for life but there is no chance of redemption for an MLB executive career here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Nah dude.

You clearly don’t understand the dynamic here of a person trying to get into business and being afraid of retribution if she reported him to his bosses or straight out rebuffed him.
    If she lost her job for rejecting him, file a lawsuit.

What did she end up doing anyway? Telling her bosses. So her fear for not taking control of the situation made all parties suffer.

He had a power position but even if at first he thought she was into him, why on hell continue to send texts weeks after she stopped responding?

I mean holy ****!!

After 3 unanswered texts he should of figured he did something wrong or she was not into it, but he decided 62 texts and a concrete stop it response was what needed to be done for him to stop?

Imagine if she did not responded? How long would he has continue?

Nah dude your making excuses for him! That’s the problem here.
    Not excusing this part at all. This is where he ****ed up and ultimately why he lost his job. He definitely should have gotten the hint, unfortunately not everyone “gets it.” Clearly he was desperate and foolishly held out hope she’d come around eventually.

If she lost her job for rejecting him, file a lawsuit.

What did she end up doing anyway? Telling her bosses. So her fear for not taking control of the situation made all parties suffer.
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...d-chicago-cubs

"The woman, a foreign correspondent who had moved to the United States to cover Major League Baseball"

You realize this woman was probably under a work visa at this point right? And you realize if she lost her job she probably would have to leave the US right?

Mets Fire Jared Porter

Are you reading the same story I read? It started off innocent as he sent a selfie of himself and she sent one of herself too. Then he asked if she wanted more and she said yes as she didn't understand what was going on (remember she's not a native English speaker). Then it got more aggressive and lewd so she stopped replying. Then he sent the bulge picture. Then she again stopped replying. Then he sent a nude picture. And then at some point she replied for him to stop and that was when he said "anything I can help you work related"

Do you not see the problem here? Do you not see how there is no chance for redemption. We aren't saying send him to jail but do you see how he should never get an MLB job as a GM or something. He did this as an executive, now he is a GM. Can you imagine how much worst it can be now that his power is SO MUCH GREATER than it was back then.

He preyed on this person... He sent 60+ unwanted messages. He escalated the situation. And then he tried to bury it under the rug with the "let me know if there's anything work related I can help you with."

Then he kept it hidden from the Cubs, D'Backs, and Mets for 5 whole ****ing years. Do you really think he deserves a second chance? Do you really think he deserves to be a GM of any team? Again there is no redemption. His MLB executive career should be over now. This isn't a keyboard warrior, social media warrior type ****. This is a guy who abused his power as an executive and then kept it hidden for 5 years while he rose in his profession.

Do you think a guy like that should ever get a job as a GM again?
    Porter texted again the next day, according to the messages, and attempts by both to set up a meeting fell through. On July 19, 2016, he reached out to her again, inquiring as to her whereabouts and asking: "Why aren't we hanging out??" Porter asked whether the woman remembered what he looked like and said: "You're so pretty. Do you have a boyfriend yet?" He sent a selfie and said: "It can be me!"

The woman responded with text shorthand indicating laughter and added: "let's meet."
    Porter asked her for a picture. In her home country, the woman told ESPN, "It's very common for friends of the opposite sex to send each other photos. I didn't think much of it."

After she sent a selfie, Porter responded: "You're gorgeous. Want more of me?"

She said yes, explaining to ESPN: "I thought it would be awkward to say no. I didn't think of where it would progress."

Porter sent three pictures, including the first of several that would show a man lying on a bed with a bulge in his pants. The woman said she initially was confused.

"Like?" Porter wrote.

She laughed again and texted yes,
    though she told ESPN that she didn't realize the intention of the photo taken on the bed. "You are not married?" she asked.
    So to recap:

Porter: “Why aren’t we hanging out?”
    Her: “Lets meet”
    Porter: “Send me a pic”
    Her: **Sends pic**
    Porter: “You’re gorgeous, want to see more of me?”
    Her: “Yes”
    Porter: “Like?”
    Her: “Haha yes”

Again I’m not excusing all the unanswered messages, but you can see how he was led on here. And if you can’t, then you’re just ignoring facts. Obviously he wasn’t thinking about her english skills at the time.

This “ghosting” culture can really hurt some people. We’re not all the same. Some people would rather be rejected than ghosted. He made a mistake and he apologized to her while never messaging her again.

If he continued to harass her and/or messaged her rudely when she finally replied, that would be different and would speak much worse on his character. He likely won’t get a job in MLB again because whichever team that brings him into their organization will probably come into intense scrutiny thanks to social media.

Alright. So she did lead him on intentionally or not. He also did not respect her wishes when she ghosted and he sent 60+ messages and escalated them further and further with more risque and then actual nude pictures. He also did it within a couple of months so it wasn't all in one night or anything. Also many of these came at 2AM or later so the intention was very clear there.

Again, no one here is saying he should be labeled a sex offender or go to jail. But the question about redemption? I stand by it... He should never get a MLB job again. And that's why there is no redemption here... He should never get that opportunity again.

As a Mets fan... would you ever want Jared Porter to be the GM of this team? Let's say 5+ years down the line so this is old news. Would you want him to be your GM? Can you trust him with such an important position again?

Alright. So she did lead him on intentionally or not. He also did not respect her wishes when she ghosted and he sent 60+ messages and escalated them further and further with more risque and then actual nude pictures. He also did it within a couple of months so it wasn't all in one night or anything. Also many of these came at 2AM or later so the intention was very clear there.

Again, no one here is saying he should be labeled a sex offender or go to jail. But the question about redemption? I stand by it... He should never get a MLB job again. And that's why there is no redemption here... He should never get that opportunity again.
    Yeah he was wrong for that period. I just wanted to point out that not everything is black and white.

As a Mets fan... would you ever want Jared Porter to be the GM of this team? Let's say 5+ years down the line so this is old news. Would you want him to be your GM? Can you trust him with such an important position again?
    He likely won’t get an MLB job again, regardless of his skills. He already showed some of his GM skills and gifted us with the Lindor trade. So that is his legacy to the team moving forward. It just really sucks that something that happened 5 years ago with another team now completely shifts who is in charge of the team. We really can’t catch a break.

No, because putting what is right or wrong aside, if I was in a position that I owned the team. Anything that embarrasses the team is something I would want to avoid. This is already a PR nightmare from a Mets perspective because of vetting. They dealt with this situation quickly, and I at least can see that. I also understand ESPN sat on the story because that is what was requested by her. So expecting the Mets to suddenly unearth that is a bit of hindsight.

But let's say 5 years from now for some reason his name comes up again for GM. Well from that stand point I would want to avoid any kind of negative spotlight. So I would take a stand to allow a different team to take that chance.

Porter isn't the only person available for the job. His questionable judgement in this instance is something that would cast a negative light on making judgement calls for other things. His rep is shredded. Let his "second chance" be somewhere else.

BTW here is the metsblog article about possible replacements: https://sny.tv/articles/3-potential-...g-jared-porter

Part of me wonders if they will go Ricco over Scott just because Ricco has been here way longer and you know there likely won't be a shot that a skeleton comes out of his closet. And then they probably give Scott the job in a year or two

He likely won’t get an MLB job again, regardless of his skills. He already showed some of his GM skills and gifted us with the Lindor trade. So that is his legacy to the team moving forward. It just really sucks that something that happened 5 years ago with another team now completely shifts who is in charge of the team. We really can’t catch a break.
    That's my no redemption part. He should never get an MLB job again

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast