Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

IQ Appreciation Thread

I wanted to create a thread about this kid. So far he has been very impressive as a PG or just as a scorer. High basketball IQ, high situational awareness, gets to the free throw line at will, energizes the team and then there's that floater.

Best start as Knicks rookie reserve in forty years.

https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status...643094528?s=20

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Imagine if he got the amount of minutes that RJ gets.

You my boy Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Yeah. I realize that Immanuel Quixley is not an NBA point guard. Not in the traditional sense. However he does have the mentality of a point guard.

He's more consistent than Bullock. His defense is coming along.

Most importantly he'll improve the ball handling and establish a #4 threat while giving RJ Barrett better looks.

Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    I'd like to see IQ w/Austin Rivers/Reggie Bullock type minutes this year (~24-29 MPG). He needs to be eased along. If all goes well. Then next year, I'd want to see him get RJ type minutes.

Also RJ, Bullock, Payton, Knox can stand to share some minutes w/Burks (when back and healthy), Toppin (when he starts to consistently show that he deserves it) and IQ.

Having said that, I think Toppin getting (~17-19 MPG) this year would be fine. At least until he starts outplaying Randle, which right now doesn't look like that'll happen for a while.
    Last edited by oballers; 01-19-2021 at 05:16 PM.

https://twitter.com/thomascdee/statu...593379841?s=21

JVG on Q

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    The day Thibs decides to make him a starter and play him that many minutes is the day we become a winning team. I honestly would much rather build an offense around him than Randle and I don't care how crazy that sounds.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    The day Thibs decides to make him a starter and play him that many minutes is the day we become a winning team. I honestly would much rather build an offense around him than Randle and I don't care how crazy that sounds.
    I actually understand Thibs believe it or not with IQ, for a rookie Thibs is reeling him back in a bit, while you like confidence he's a bit cocky at the same time. what thibs is doing and he gives no reason not to trust him might just be spot on. sometimes we act like we around these young athletes all the time, while we aren't the coaching staff is, and in just limited time you can see he needs to be settled down.

I think this will only help our young PG's future, that said I can't wait till he gets more minutes lol

Said this when we drafted him, but IQ has a great NBA game.

His style is built for the nba. He doesn't flash star talent, but he does everything right and does everything good the he has to be good at to be a really good nba player.

for where he was drafted I probably would of taken Flynn over him, but so far, hes far outshined Flynn. Flynn also has 2 really good guards in front of him, but still, for all the people who hated on this pick or how we moved around in the draft, so far, it looks like the Knicks hit on this one.

Iq is playing out of position. He is a 2 guard . But can play point guard when needed .
    So In order to make a full transition from sg to pg , thatís going to take time and practice. Thibs is doing the right thing .
    Because not only is he learning how to play point guard but as someone else mentioned... he also is a rookie and needs to earn his minutes . That doesnít mean that he can have a good few games in a row and than he can start .
    Absolutely not !
    Heís got to be consistent throughout the season and then either later in the season or next season he can fill the starting point guard spot .unless of course elford Payton falls off a cliff or gets injured than maybe iq will have to jump into the spot early and maybe he will play solid enough where he ends up keeping the spot . But only time will tell .
    As of now . Heís doing a phenomenal job out there considering the few minutes that heís playing . Compared to Paytonís minutes.
    Iq is putting up better numbers in fewer minutes . We definitely drafted a winner at pick number 25 thatís incredible. I would say we got the steal of the draft .
    And if randle keeps up his play than that would make obi topping tradable . Being that we basically got a top 5 pick in iq . And randle balling out of control.
    With taj to back him up
    Maybe we can put a package together including
    Obi / dsj / Reggie bullock because once Burks returns than we would have no need for bullock between rivers and burks we have that spot covered . Plus Frank nilikina who I think we should just let him play out the remaining of the season maybe he gets a fuse lit under him .

Letís go get Mike Conley jr to mentor for our point guards . Yes that includes Payton as well . Payton is still super young as well . He can still end up being a high quality point guard in this league as well . He could be a late bloomer you never know .

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    https://twitter.com/thomascdee/statu...593379841?s=21

JVG on Q

Not to take off topic but JVGs comments on Mitch were interesting as well. Sounds like he is the ďsourceĒ of those off-season rumors about Mitchís work ethic and all that. He did sound impressed by Mitch this year but talked about his disappointment in him and his work ethic during some team USA activity. JVG and Thibs clearly are tight and Jeff said heís watched every game this year.

Jeff was raving about Quick as well.

Iím fine with IQ coming off the bench as long as we are winning and heís playing enough to impact games and also finishing them when heís on. So far Thibs has allowed him to do all that. I wouldíve made the switch during the 5 game losing streak but Iím not the coach and weíve bounced back nicely these last 2. If the team is back on track and more importantly the starters remain solid as a unit Iím not gonna lose sleep over the starting label.

though i liked him overall, i wasnt sold on IQ as a PG, probably read too many "scouting reports" on him. and while he may not be a pure PG, he can def play the position in todays game, at the very least in spurts. nice to see him AND RJ playing so well the last 4 games and getting significant minutes together.

Dream scenario would be that we make the playoffs and the Mavs donít and we draft Cade Cunningham with the mavs pick.

Pg. quickley
    Sg. Barrett
    Sf. Cunningham
    Pf. Toppin
    C. Robinson

That lineup would have shooting and Cunningham handling the ball would free up Quickley to shoot and rest for defense.
    I think Randle will get traded for picks or a sf that can handle the rock. I think Quickley needs to work on his handle a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I actually understand Thibs believe it or not with IQ, for a rookie Thibs is reeling him back in a bit, while you like confidence he's a bit cocky at the same time. what thibs is doing and he gives no reason not to trust him might just be spot on. sometimes we act like we around these young athletes all the time, while we aren't the coaching staff is, and in just limited time you can see he needs to be settled down.

I think this will only help our young PG's future, that said I can't wait till he gets more minutes lol
    I am ok with not overwhelming IQ with expectations in his first year. The team is playing bets than expected, but we are not really a playoff team. So, I would let him grow into his role and adjust to the NBA. I do want to see him get consistent minutes though, not a fan of up and down minutes for young guys - like we did with Frank.

I was interested in him since he led the team in plus-minus over summer league. The intangibles will be there, but he will have to defend bigger guards at some point.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast