Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I think we maybe make a harder push for Brogdon or Dlo, but ultimately if Randle was the only guy willing to take our money, I don't think a 21 year old Mitch would stop them when there was plenty of minutes to go around.
    They could've sat on it like we've seen them do rather than just give it out just because. A 25-29 win team is not going to cap themselves out by adding Julius Randle. Aren't you one of the people that kept bringing up that teams didn't want Randle...then why would a lottery team add him as pretty much the last major piece of the puzzle especially when their PGs were Mudiay and Ntilikina?

I get that the KP trade sucked, but that doesn't mean that you can't concede some points. Adding Randle wouldn't have made any sense for the Knicks and that's not even considering if it would make sense for Randle who was probably looking for a chance to start.

There's no way of telling for sure, but pretend that it was another team and ask yourself if it would make sense or if it would be likely to play out that way.

It's like the subject of KP and the Knicks makes people throw all logic out the window just to emphasize the fact that the Knicks shouldn't have traded him. We all get that part of it, but that doesn't mean that it didn't open up the door for Randle or that there wasn't any risk for the Mavs or the Knicks if they maxed him instead. Just look at how it's played out for Dallas so far. It's been far from a slam dunk trade.
    Last edited by smood999; 01-21-2021 at 05:16 PM.

The trade really sucks, because Trey has helped them win some games already. LOL

Isn't it really time to move on folks. Go Obi....

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    You're not understanding. They only had cap space for one player close to or at the max. Why do you think Randle would've been the player that they blew it on? That doesn't make any sense. They didn't have room for Randle + another tier B or C player and once KP signed his contract, they would've been capped out or close to it.

Also, why wouldn't Mitch have been a keeper?
    Iím not saying we would have signed Randle Iím saying having both Mitch and KP shouldnít have dissuaded us from signing Randle. Randle can share the floor with either of those guys and fits very well with KP.

Mitch and KP shouldnít be on the floor together. You will get lit up from 3 and they will get in each otherís way on O. Mitch would either have been KPís backup or been moved at some point. The fit issue has nothing to do with Randle and everything to do with KP and Mitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

They could've sat on it like we've seen them do rather than just give it out just because. A 25-29 win team is not going to cap themselves out by adding Julius Randle. Aren't you one of the people that kept bringing up that teams didn't want Randle...then why would a lottery team add him as pretty much the last major piece of the puzzle especially when their PGs were Mudiay and Ntilikina?

I get that the KP trade sucked, but that doesn't mean that you can't concede some points. Adding Randle wouldn't have made any sense for the Knicks and that's not even considering if it would make sense for Randle who was probably looking for a chance to start.

There's no way of telling for sure, but pretend that it was another team and ask yourself if it would make sense or if it would be likely to play out that way.

It's like the subject of KP and the Knicks makes people throw all logic out the window just to emphasize the fact that the Knicks shouldn't have traded him. We all get that part of it, but that doesn't mean that it didn't open up the door for Randle or that there wasn't any risk for the Mavs or the Knicks if they maxed him instead. Just look at how it's played out for Dallas so far. It's been far from a slam dunk trade.
    Randle's contract started at $18m, we had $33m in cap, we could have still signed Payton who we loved apparently and still had some leftover cap.

nothing we did that summer made sense, adding Randle & Payton to a core with KP, RJ & THJR would have made a lot more sense than what we ended up doing.

I seriously doubt if Randle was the only one willing to come that we would have punted the cap space. you seem to think Obi, Randle & Mitch make sense, so I have no idea why Randle, KP & Mitch wouldn't, they are a MUCH better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Randle's contract started at $18m, we had $33m in cap, we could have still signed Payton who we loved apparently and still had some leftover cap.

nothing we did that summer made sense, adding Randle & Payton to a core with KP, RJ & THJR would have made a lot more sense than what we ended up doing.

I seriously doubt if Randle was the only one willing to come that we would have punted the cap space. you seem to think Obi, Randle & Mitch make sense, so I have no idea why Randle, KP & Mitch wouldn't, they are a MUCH better fit.
    Because I'm not talking about fit, I'm talking about money and how it's allocated. If I'm not mistaken, the Knicks did not have room for the full max. They were just shy and needed to make another move to get there. Either way that's still Randle taking up most of that room, which I doubt would've happened, and the rest of it would've been close to gone after signing KP.

Why don't you think they would've punted the cap space? They've literally done exactly that for the last two years waiting to spend on the "right player." Why would their philosophy all of a sudden change? Do you not recall the conversations about them not wanting to cap themselves out with tier B and C free agents? That actually happened and Randle falls into that category.

Because I'm not talking about fit, I'm talking about money and how it's allocated. If I'm not mistaken, the Knicks did not have room for the full max. They were just shy and needed to make another move to get there. Either way that's still Randle taking up most of that room, which I doubt would've happened, and the rest of it would've been close to gone after signing KP.

Why don't you think they would've punted the cap space? They've literally done exactly that for the last two years waiting to spend on the "right player." Why would their philosophy all of a sudden change? Do you not recall the conversations about them not wanting to cap themselves out with tier B and C free agents? That actually happened and Randle falls into that category.
    Bc KP was seen as A talent .

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    The trade really sucks, because Trey has helped them win some games already. LOL

Isn't it really time to move on folks. Go Obi....
    Trey did well last night!

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Bc KP was seen as A talent .

Teams don't pair A talents with C level players if they hope to be successful. Him being an A talent, which is arguable, has nothing to do with them punting cap space or not. The goal would be to bring in another star, not just some decent-good players, before being capped out. We're also talking about the Knicks here...when have they ever not gone big game hunting? You think they would've settled for a player who plays the same position as their best player and wasn't even a star as the finishing touch? I highly doubt it.

If that was the case, then why weren't they interested in Butler? We've already seen this play out. We already know what their approach was...why question it now? They literally told us from the beginning that they wouldn't spend on players like that, but now they would've settled for Randle?

Regardless, silly topic since we'll never know. I don't think they would've signed Randle still and there are plenty others that believe that as well, in addition to hints that would suggest that also, and it has nothing to do with whether they would've had the cap space to do so because they would've.

Some of you guys disagree and we can leave it at that.

Happy MLK Knick vs Magic game thread

Teams don't pair A talents with C level players if they hope to be successful. Him being an A talent, which is arguable, has nothing to do with them punting cap space or not. The goal would be to bring in another star, not just some decent-good players, before being capped out. We're also talking about the Knicks here...when have they ever not gone big game hunting? You think they would've settled for a player who plays the same position as their best player and wasn't even a star as the finishing touch? I highly doubt it.

If that was the case, then why weren't they interested in Butler? We've already seen this play out. We already know what their approach was...why question it now? They literally told us from the beginning that they wouldn't spend on players like that, but now they would've settled for Randle?
    They did sign Randle and when it really wasnít going to help them win games. You are making no sense.

What rest of us are saying is how we feel things should be run in knicks organization and what your saying is correct too as in Knicks will do whatever the hell they want.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    They did sign Randle and when it really wasnít going to help them win games. You are making no sense.

With $60+ million in cap space.

Big difference to sign him and be capped out or close. The biggest reason why they havenít done much in free agency, outside of guys not wanting to come and despite having space, is to not cap themselves out with guys that cap their ceiling.
    Last edited by smood999; 01-22-2021 at 01:34 AM.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324