Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think Knox mins are going to have to come out of the expense of somebody in the frontcourt. Burks is likely going to eat into Bullock and Rivers minutes. Knox would need to eat into RJ and Randle who are playing too much mostly at the 3/4 where Knox plays. Obi is going to have to chip into Randle, Mitch and Noel. There is room for the backups to get extra mins just by trimming the starters mins into a more reasonable number.
    There is like 3% FG difference between Knox and Bullock but Bullock takes shots from anywhere on court vs Knox who has become corner shooter both players live and die by 3s but Bullock is smarter than Knox on defensive end.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Right now I think we actually have the #1 defense in the league (per Hahn). That said, since Thibs is definitely going to start Payton forever, Iíd like to see a rotation (when fully healthy) of:

Payton-Burks-RJ-Randle-Mitch
    Quick-Frank-Knox-Obi-Noel

Makes the most sense to me seeing as Rivers has basically disappeared and Bullock Iím sorry but heís really just not good anymore. Yes heís serviceable on defense and his three ball is ok I guess but heís clearly declining fast.
    I think this stat is hugely misleading. Number one, we NEVER fast break which means we slow the game down to 1990 speeds on every play, possibly because we don't play a finesse or skilled game but more of a muscle half court game. In other words, Knicks can't score so we can't get in up and down games with good teams. We have to slow things down, Princeton style and play possession bball to have a chance. Good strategy. Ugly to watch..

We leave the 3 wide open and luckily teams haven't been hot...but our effort is better but anyone who thinks the Knicks are really number 1 or number 5 in the league defensively, I have some land in Florida to sell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    I think this stat is hugely misleading. Number one, we NEVER fast break which means we slow the game down to 1990 speeds on every play, possibly because we don't play a finesse or skilled game but more of a muscle half court game.

We leave the 3 wide open and luckily teams haven't been hot...but our effort is better but anyone who thinks the Knicks are really number 1 or number 5 in the league defensively, I have some land in Florida to sell you.
    very, we are only scoring 100ppg, that's like circa 1990 scoring numbers. last year we scored 106ppg. overall we are getting outscored pretty handily.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    I think this stat is hugely misleading. Number one, we NEVER fast break which means we slow the game down to 1990 speeds on every play, possibly because we don't play a finesse or skilled game but more of a muscle half court game. In other words, Knicks can't score so we can't get in up and down games with good teams. We have to slow things down, Princeton style and play possession bball to have a chance. Good strategy. Ugly to watch..

Thatís fair, I was just referencing a post I saw from Hahn

We're #1 in defensive PPG, FG%, 3PT%. But as Biv pointed out, at the very least the PPG aspect is misleading because we have such a slow pace.

All that said, we're still #7 in defensive rating. So we're a good defensive team on a small sample size.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    We're #1 in defensive PPG, FG%, 3PT%. But as Biv pointed out, at the very least the PPG aspect is misleading because we have such a slow pace.

All that said, we're still #7 in defensive rating. So we're a good defensive team on a small sample size.
    Yea but we haven't played vs any real offensive power houses yet

Really my only point was Thibs clearly has us moving in the right direction on the defensive end. And I donít think Bullock is the glue holding it all together lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    very, we are only scoring 100ppg, that's like circa 1990 scoring numbers. last year we scored 106ppg. overall we are getting outscored pretty handily.
    Why does any of that make the defensive numbers hugely misleading? You quote a post about defense to call it misleading and just talk about offense.

Opp PPG is misleading fine, but the Knicks are ranked well defensively across the board even in the pace-adjusted categories.

Knicks are a top 10 defensive team right now and you can argue top 5 if you want. They are awful on offense. Both things can be true at the same time. Slow, ugly games is the only chance this team has to win games with this current roster so give them some credit for finding an identity that works. No one thought we would be 7-8 after 15 games.

Also, the longer we go into the season the less the argument about every team having their worst shooting night ever being the only reason we are good at defense holds up. After 15 games things balance out enough and you are what the stats say you are to that point in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Bucks #2 in ORTG, Nuggets #3, Nets #4. Jazz, Pacers, Celtics, Raptors, Hawks all top 15. We've played enough good offensive teams to give some credit for the current defensive rankings.

Really my only point was Thibs clearly has us moving in the right direction on the defensive end. And I donít think Bullock is the glue holding it all together lol.
    You were correct. Too many people around here get upset when we play well.

You were correct. Too many people around here get upset when we play well.
    Yeah itís a bit strange. End of the day I root for the New York on the front of the jersey. Not individual names on the back - though of course like us all I have guys who are my favorites as a fan. But ultimately the win-loss column is what I care about. If weíre at .500 end of this season with a few of the young guys leading the charge thatís a huge step in the right direction imo. So far Iím pretty happy with what weíre seeing compared to years past.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post

Thanks Bubba. I was going to post this as well. PPG is influenced by pace and I guess the others stats too but that is would be bc we are controlling pace and not letting other teams run wild on us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Nets, Bucks, Hawks. The team as been good defensively.

Bucks #2 in ORTG, Nuggets #3, Nets #4. Jazz, Pacers, Celtics, Raptors, Hawks all top 15. We've played enough good offensive teams to give some credit for the current defensive rankings.
    It is pulling teeth to get people to say something positive here. Biv told me Quickley should be playing on the O-line

Yeah itís a bit strange. End of the day I root for the New York on the front of the jersey. Not individual names on the back - though of course like us all I have guys who are my favorites as a fan. But ultimately the win-loss column is what I care about. If weíre at .500 end of this season with a few of the young guys leading the charge thatís a huge step in the right direction imo. So far Iím pretty happy with what weíre seeing compared to years past.
    As Walt would say Kudos!

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast