Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Bullock has been straight garbage since we got him
    people keep calling him a shooter but he's been below league average from 3 for 3 straight years now.

Payton and Bullock make their mistakes and have their lapses but at some point we have to acknowledge the starters are a very good defensive unit and they all play a role in that. Guys are gonna get beat especially in this modern NBA but as a unit they are on the same page most of the time and play well together on D.

I honestly rather start IQ & Payton in the backcourt.

IQ gives more shooting and creativity than Bullock, and Payton gives you another ball handler/playmaker.

Let Rivers run the 2nd unit with Knox, Obi, Noel & Bullock.

Cheets well someone watches the same game I do, contrary I have no idea where Knox has improved on defense or is buying in? Buying in to what exactly, he has never helped on defense once, he leaves his man for wide open three's while he don't help on defense, his hustle is non existent.

He actually had a nice tough rebound yesterday but his shot was off on each of his 4 attempts.

I'm not sure why if he did play defense or it's improved thibs wouldn't play a guy in his third year more minutes who has shot at least well from the corner.

Bullock say what you want and yes his shot has missed but they aren't duds, they look like they are going in, and he switch's on defense actually one of the better guys we have for that, he just seems to be beat more than in the past on his one on one which to most fans is more glaring, watch his help defense and switching

Watch when Knox switch's and the guy's eyes light up, how this is not seen is beyond me, but hey to each their own, but as I said to Biv, coach see's it probably similar to what I've been seeing.

Que in in Biv in 5-4-3-2..............

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Cheets well someone watches the same game I do, contrary I have no idea where Knox has improved on defense or is buying in? Buying in to what exactly, he has never helped on defense once, he leaves his man for wide open three's while he don't help on defense, his hustle is non existent.

He actually had a nice tough rebound yesterday but his shot was off on each of his 4 attempts.

I'm not sure why if he did play defense or it's improved thibs wouldn't play a guy in his third year more minutes who has shot at least well from the corner.

Bullock say what you want and yes his shot has missed but they aren't duds, they look like they are going in, and he switch's on defense actually one of the better guys we have for that, he just seems to be beat more than in the past on his one on one which to most fans is more glaring, watch his help defense and switching

Watch when Knox switch's and the guy's eyes light up, how this is not seen is beyond me, but hey to each their own, but as I said to Biv, coach see's it probably similar to what I've been seeing.

Que in in Biv in 5-4-3-2..............
    Pretty sure Cheets already mentioned that he doesn't even watch games. Does it surprise anyone that you are seeing the same thing he does??? lmao

well for all those who said Dallas will be a late first some warned that the West is wide open and the difference between finishing in the top 5 or finishing in the bottom 5 could be extremely slim.

the way the season is shaping it's right on target and as of today with Dallas playing 13 games they are tied for 10/11th spot and only a half game ahead of the Pels which means they can fall to 12th in just one more game, you just don't know but if we can somehow get a lottery pick out this all the better.

Thank you timmy, 0-12 night, appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Pretty sure Cheets already mentioned that he doesn't even watch games. Does it surprise anyone that you are seeing the same thing he does??? lmao
    what took you so long lol?

Biv I really try with Knox and love his shot now, but I'm sorry I'm a defensive kind of guy, kind of understand pretty well, he doesn't play any. I hope that changes, love to see our lottery pick work out, nothing would be better for this team.

I would be estatic to be wrong or actually have Knox prove many wrong, including the coach.

I just don't get if he is what you say and improving and his shot is falling how any coach would play him 10-18 min per game? Make sense? Unless now it's all Thibs? And the other what 3 coach's Knox has had, you must be right, they all must be wrong.

again love to see this kid become a stud, why wouldn't anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    what took you so long lol?

Biv I really try with Knox and love his shot now, but I'm sorry I'm a defensive kind of guy, kind of understand pretty well, he doesn't play any. I hope that changes, love to see our lottery pick work out, nothing would be better for this team.

I would be estatic to be wrong or actually have Knox prove many wrong, including the coach.

I just don't get if he is what you say and improving and his shot is falling how any coach would play him 10-18 min per game? Make sense? Unless now it's all Thibs? And the other what 3 coach's Knox has had, you must be right, they all must be wrong.

again love to see this kid become a stud, why wouldn't anyone?
    I find it amazing that you don't see progress and that you don't see Knox beginning to fulfill his potential. To argue that Bully has value is one thing considering he's playing the SG but to say Knox plays no D is just flat out wrong by everyone's account except yours and Cheets..lol

There isn't an NBA analyst worth his weight in salt that would tell you that Knox doesn't deserve more minutes. Because you and apparently this coach are stuck in your old fashion ways, you appear to be content with yet another 30 yr old journeymen and will be content chasing yet another 21 yr old lottery pick away from this organization. Knicks won't effect Knox's career and neither will a coach who "likes what he sees with Payton"

I think Knox is still a little ways away from being a "staple" in the rotation but I do think he's molding himself into a valuable NBA player. There are many instances of great teams having a lights out stretch 3/4. I think Knox has a path to being one of the better stretch 3/4s in the league. He is mistake prone and lackadaisical and I think Thibs is trying to drill that out of him. I think he deserves some more mins and I hope he stays in the rotation because I think he has a valuable skill and you can't teach his height with that level of shooting.

Knox is not ready yet but I like the improvement

Bullock is trash only had 1 gd year in Det. Heís not even that good of a defender really donít see what Thibs sees in him

I think Knox mins are going to have to come out of the expense of somebody in the frontcourt. Burks is likely going to eat into Bullock and Rivers minutes. Knox would need to eat into RJ and Randle who are playing too much mostly at the 3/4 where Knox plays. Obi is going to have to chip into Randle, Mitch and Noel. There is room for the backups to get extra mins just by trimming the starters mins into a more reasonable number.

Yup. That's the most important adjustment Thibs needs to make.

Immanuel Quixley is not just a shooter but knows how to get guys the ball. Put him alongside Payton and want the passing to be much improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    I wish I could stop watching Knicks games it's curse of my life bivory.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Payton and Bullock make their mistakes and have their lapses but at some point we have to acknowledge the starters are a very good defensive unit and they all play a role in that. Guys are gonna get beat especially in this modern NBA but as a unit they are on the same page most of the time and play well together on D.
    Right now I think we actually have the #1 defense in the league (per Hahn). That said, since Thibs is definitely going to start Payton forever, Iíd like to see a rotation (when fully healthy) of:

Payton-Burks-RJ-Randle-Mitch
    Quick-Frank-Knox-Obi-Noel

Makes the most sense to me seeing as Rivers has basically disappeared and Bullock Iím sorry but heís really just not good anymore. Yes heís serviceable on defense and his three ball is ok I guess but heís clearly declining fast.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast