Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

GT14 Most Illuminated Knicks (5-8) @ Boston Celtics (8-3): 5 game loss vs 5 game wins

About the only good thing to come out of Boston, the Pixies. Two guys who worked at UPS during the day, jammed at night then taught a girl to play bass before hitting the clubs in downtown Boston. It wasn't long before the Pixies became your favorite band's favorite band.

The Knicks are on a five game losing streak. The Celtics are on a five game winning streak. Might see frustration boil over. Gonna be a rumble in the town of Bricks during this NBA matinee.

Five Thoughts:
    1. How long before Coach Thibs acknowledges Elfrid Payton's limitations and gives young sharpshooting guard, Immanuel Quixley a shot (no pun intended) at starting point guard?

2. Who guards Julius Randle vs Jayson Tatum for the Money in the Bank case. Randle is an UFA at the end of this season and he wants to be paid for not taking his lunch at work.

3. Who plays Center: Both Moscow Mitchell Robinson and Nerlens Noel are day to day. Will AARP spokesman, Taj Gibson at age 84 be ready to go?

4. Will Obi Toppin show us something: Since the season began, we've seen his face on Have you seen me Milk Cartons. As it stands, Frank Ntilikina has better numbers than Old Man Toppin. I'm going to need some glimmer of promise after the Knicks passed up on a couple point guards for a guy who might not have a position if Thibs demands that Julius Randle be re-signed.

5. In one month's time, will the New York Rangers have more wins than the New York Knicks? Rangers open the season 1-1 after a 5-0 win over the Isles. #cheapplug
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 01-17-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Bein a Celtics fan like I am, this game personally to me could go either way

game threads need better research on who is actually playing, just go to ESPN for up to date information, because your matchups rarely happen, but thanks for the threads, appreciated:

INJURIES: Celtics: Romeo Langford: out (right wrist), Robert Williams III: out (health and safety protocols), Kemba Walker: out (left knee), Carsen Edwards: out (health and safety protocols), Jayson Tatum: out (health and safety protocols).

Knicks: Alec Burks: out (ankle), Frank Ntilikina: out (right knee).

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    game threads need better research on who is actually playing, just go to ESPN for up to date information, because your matchups rarely happen, but thanks for the threads, appreciated:

INJURIES: Celtics: Romeo Langford: out (right wrist), Robert Williams III: out (health and safety protocols), Kemba Walker: out (left knee), Carsen Edwards: out (health and safety protocols), Jayson Tatum: out (health and safety protocols).

Knicks: Alec Burks: out (ankle), Frank Ntilikina: out (right knee).
    Oh sh#t. My bad. Didn't know Tatum is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Oh sh#t. My bad. Didn't know Tatum is out.
    this is one crazy season already, I think trades will happen in a flurry once teams get more situated with this Covid crap. All these protocols and once we get close to playoffs if a team has to sit players they better have some good resources.

I think guys like Noel, burks and even Bullocks may have some value, burks most definitely but the other two even if its just more security, teams need this more than ever.

January 16th, 2021 at 10:28am CST by JD Shaw

•The Knicks considered extending the contract of Mitchell Robinson last offseason, perhaps showing how they value the 22-year-old, Ian Begley of SNY.tv tweets. Robinson’s game remains a work in progress, but he possesses the tools needed to be an intriguing player for the future. In 13 games this season, he’s averaged 8.7 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.8 blocks per contest.
    •Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau issued a brief injury update on Frank Ntilikina, who hasn’t seen action since Dec. 29 due to a knee sprain. “We have to be patient and let him work through that,” Thibodeau said, according to Marc Berman of The New York Post (Twitter link). “He’s making steady progress. It will probably be a little while longer.”

This one could get ugly even without Tatum. Celtics have our number. Gotta somehow hit 12 plus threes, limit turnovers and get to the line and hit those too.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Kemba Walker (left knee) is available to play in Sunday's game against the Knicks.

Same starting 5 again, Thibs starting to piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Same starting 5 again, Thibs starting to piss me off.
    Wow I was really hoping he would pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

When we thought about the high quality role players that Gallo, Chandler and Amare were, compared to what we're building now, you have to be happy.

Find a way to keep Randle from becoming a malcontent and find a way to keep him patient. I think that requires getting him some help soon. Randle, Mitch, RJ, Knox, Quick, and Obi..that crew has a ton of potential and are solid role players now. I never say stuff like this but what if we were able to sign a K.Leonard type talent this summer or next?? This team would immediately be a serious problem, especially after another off-season of draft picks and signings....

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    When we thought about the high quality role players that Gallo, Chandler and Amare were, compared to what we're building now, you have to be happy.

Find a way to keep Randle from becoming a malcontent and find a way to keep him patient. I think that requires getting him some help soon. Randle, Mitch, RJ, Knox, Quick, and Obi..that crew has a ton of potential and are solid role players now. I never say stuff like this but what if we were able to sign a K.Leonard type talent this summer or next?? This team would immediately be a serious problem, especially after another off-season of draft picks and signings....
    Yes, I also think of the Knicks signed one of the 5 best players in the league they would be better. In related news, grass is green and water is wet.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Mitch has a fracture and he's playing?? Why? WHo is his agent? No bueno

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Mitch has a fracture and he's playing?? Why? WHo is his agent? No bueno
    What’s is fractured?

I liked Brown as a rookie no way did I think he could possibly be this good. He is right there with Tatum

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast