Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    road trip has some winnable games

GS, Sac, Portland, and Utah

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    RJ has quietly played very well his last 4 games. I'm getting some Jaylen Brown vibes from him the way he fills up the stat sheet.

Quick seems to struggle when opposing teams catch on to him and start putting much bigger defenders on him. Happened this game and last game. Hopefully when Burks gets back teams won't be able to do that, since we'll actually have a real scoring threat alongside Quick.
    RJs got so much talent. Heís flawed without the jumper but if he ever gets a consistent outside shot heís gonna be really good. His mid range /FTs/ boards/ defense looks vastly improved. His passing has been solid too if we had outside shooters I think heíd be around 5 assists a game. His last 4 games have been really good. Consistent play is the next step but heís shown a lot more flashes this year. Also finishing with his right hand has been night and day difference. Yes Quickley had a rough couple minutes in the 4th but I think it also has to do with Noel stinks obi hasnít been much of a threat so when they run the pick and roll they all jump on him. Heís been super impressive either way. He missed a few easy ones in that 4th too. The 3 pointer wide open.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    road trip has some winnable games

GS, Sac, Portland, and Utah
    Sac on paper is the only real winnable game imo. Iím hoping for a split
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Happy MLK Knick vs Magic game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    RJ has quietly played very well his last 4 games. I'm getting some Jaylen Brown vibes from him the way he fills up the stat sheet.

Quick seems to struggle when opposing teams catch on to him and start putting much bigger defenders on him. Happened this game and last game. Hopefully when Burks gets back teams won't be able to do that, since we'll actually have a real scoring threat alongside Quick.
    Iím not sure about that, but Iím definitely encouraged by RJ on both ends for sure.

I saw that too, but Quick is like a one man army in the 2nd unit. No one was really stepping up at all. Not really liking Knox and Obi playing together btw. Both like camping in the corner and both donít create much on their own (at least not yet in Obiís case).

Noel isnít going to do anything on offense and Rivers is struggling. Definitely need Burks back next game.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I mean yes Steph can go off on us but really you look at that roster?

Wiggins is there second best player and it's not close

Green vs Randle? Green is shootin 20% from three and scoring 4 points in 8 games in 28 min

Wiseman vs Mitch?

Oubre is shooting 19% from three wth a shooting eff % of .93, that is horrid.

that's the starting 5 thren you have Chriss, Lee, Basemore and Pashall

And Portland you have no idea what team shows up, they just lost Nurkic so now they have Kanter

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    They are all winnable games. We already beat Utah.

Home court advantage isnít much of an advantage this season. I just want Quickley to destroy Hali lol

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Iím not sure about that, but Iím definitely encouraged by RJ on both ends for sure.

I saw that too, but Quick is like a one man army in the 2nd unit. No one was really stepping up at all. Not really liking Knox and Obi playing together btw. Both like camping in the corner and both donít create much on their own (at least not yet in Obiís case).

Noel isnít going to do anything on offense and Rivers is struggling. Definitely need Burks back next game.
    yep that is why I wanted him subbed in at the 5 min mark with Rivers during the 3rd quarter then let him run the show to start the 4th, With Knox shooting blanks and Obi looking over his shoulder, Rivers in a funk and Noel not much going on this kid don't have a chance.

and yet cole is out there with ross, Gordon and Vuc and still looks like anything but a good draft pick, and some in here thought he should be our pick at 8? Things could change but to me he looks like a DSJ type player with a little better shot, DSJ actually could shoot his rookie year.

yep that is why I wanted him subbed in at the 5 min mark with Rivers during the 3rd quarter then let him run the show to start the 4th, With Knox shooting blanks and Obi looking over his shoulder, Rivers in a funk and Noel not much going on this kid don't have a chance.

and yet cole is out there with ross, Gordon and Vuc and still looks like anything but a good draft pick, and some in here thought he should be our pick at 8? Things could change but to me he looks like a DSJ type player with a little better shot, DSJ actually could shoot his rookie year.
    Cole is nowhere near the athlete DSJ was coming in.

He looks small, slow, and doesnít finish.

Cole is nowhere near the athlete DSJ was coming in.

He looks small, slow, and doesnít finish.
    Cole reminds me of trier a lot tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Cole reminds me of trier a lot tbh.
    Trier had more size and was a bucket. Cole wishes he could score like that.

Coleís defense and PG play is better than Trier, but that really isnít saying much.

I mean yes Steph can go off on us but really you look at that roster?

Wiggins is there second best player and it's not close

Green vs Randle? Green is shootin 20% from three and scoring 4 points in 8 games in 28 min

Wiseman vs Mitch?

Oubre is shooting 19% from three wth a shooting eff % of .93, that is horrid.

that's the starting 5 thren you have Chriss, Lee, Basemore and Pashall

And Portland you have no idea what team shows up, they just lost Nurkic so now they have Kanter

If CJ doesnít play we have a good shot. Warriors arenít great but wiseman and Curry are good and can dominate us. Good shot they beat us.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

They are all winnable games. We already beat Utah.

Home court advantage isnít much of an advantage this season. I just want Quickley to destroy Hali lol
    Going out west is still a gigantic problem. A split would be a great win.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

You never know with the Knicks, but if the Knicks play well they can do well this road trip. Weíre avoiding most of the worst matchups out west for us. All 4 games are as winnable as a west coast game will get. McCollum is out for at least a week I just heard on NBATV which is good for the Portland game in 6 days lol. They also have Kanter at C and we all know what that means.

Worth mentioning this was the second of a matinee back to back with travel. Definitely not a game we'd win in recent times. Enjoying the upward trajectory.

The East looks like itís shaping up to be a 5 team conference with a drop off after that. If you want to assume both Miami and Atlanta get their **** together you have 7 teams. Magic Cavs and Hornets are the likely trio for 8-9-10 since the play-in round goes through the 10 seed (I think Raps and Wiz are toast). Those 3 teams are our competition for a ďplayoffĒ spot this year.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast