Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    What is going to happen with Drummond? Where are possible destinations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

Dallas seems like a natural fit, although the Mavericks would probably want him to extend. How about Porzingis and a 2022 first-rounder for Drummond and Garland? This assumes that Drummond is signed for at least a few more years.
    Cleveland bets on Porzingis returning to form. He fits well next to Allen. They also get a first-rounder for taking that bet.
    Drummond is the central presence the Mavericks need. Garland provides an upgrade from Burke as a third serious scoring threat and backup playmaker when Luka's out or off-ball. Dallas can better cover for Garland's lack of size.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Dallas seems like a natural fit, although the Mavericks would probably want him to extend. How about Porzingis and a 2022 first-rounder for Drummond and Garland? This assumes that Drummond is signed for at least a few more years.
    Cleveland bets on Porzingis returning to form. He fits well next to Allen. They also get a first-rounder for taking that bet.
    Drummond is the central presence the Mavericks need. Garland provides an upgrade from Burke as a third serious scoring threat and backup playmaker when Luka's out or off-ball. Dallas can better cover for Garland's lack of size.
    Imagine how crazy you'd sound suggesting a Drummond for Porzingis trade just a few years back. Now it's not out of the realm of reality. The unicorn has certainly lost a little of his mystic.
    Last edited by JAZZNC; 02-03-2021 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    One of the better well rounded trades I've seen thrown out.

February 6th is when a lot of guys across the league are able to be traded, might see a little bit of movement.

Derrick Rose allegedly will be traded soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

Didn't the Hornets want him last year trade deadline? Then said if he opted out they chase him as a free agent as well? Then he opted to stay with Cavs for the money. I think to the Hornets, that ship has sailed now. Since they signed Hayward. Unless Hornets ready to give up on Rozier and Zeller for Drummond and filler? Since Ball is exciting player. Ball/Graham starting backcourt would be exciting. But Cavs already have Sexton and Garland back court. Unless a third team gets Rozier? Mavs?

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Imagine how crazy you'd sound suggesting a Drummond for Porzingis trade just a few years back. Now it's not out of the realm of reality. The unicorn has certainly lost a little of his mystic.
    Don't see how this trade would come off. Drummond will be bought out at some point, so why would the Mavs give up Porzingis and a pick? And I'm not sure Porzingis would be someone the Cavs would be looking for, unless they knew they could flip him.

Porzingis was always over-hyped. I thought Phil Jackson was absolutely right in wanting to trade him when at the peak of that over-hypedness. It was clear that he was an injury waiting to happen when his best moves at the time were awkward drives to the hoop. He could hit 3s, but not consistently. He could block shots, but was never really a good defender. And he over-hyped himself even more than most everyone else did.

Knicks would have had much better subsequent years if they traded him at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by ohreally View Post
    Don't see how this trade would come off. Drummond will be bought out at some point, so why would the Mavs give up Porzingis and a pick? And I'm not sure Porzingis would be someone the Cavs would be looking for, unless they knew they could flip him.

Porzingis was always over-hyped. I thought Phil Jackson was absolutely right in wanting to trade him when at the peak of that over-hypedness. It was clear that he was an injury waiting to happen when his best moves at the time were awkward drives to the hoop. He could hit 3s, but not consistently. He could block shots, but was never really a good defender. And he over-hyped himself even more than most everyone else did.

Knicks would have had much better subsequent years if they traded him at that point.
    A KP/Allen/Sexton trio would be cool to see but I agree, the deal is probably a non starter for both sides, for different reasons.

How about McCollum, Covington, Simons and a first-rounder for Ingram and Bledsoe?
    The Blazers have always needed an elite forward like Ingram, who fits perfectly with a core of Lillard, Trent Jr. and whenever we have big men again. I'm salivating over an eventual lineup of Lillard, Trent Jr., Ingram, Collins and Nurkic. Bledsoe would be a great sixth man. He could help Trent Jr. check opposing guards and pair with Lillard in small-ball lineups.
    McCollum, once he gets back, is a decent replacement for Ingram's scoring and a new wrinkle next to Lonzo. He didn't need surgery for his hairline fracture, so it appears he'll fully recover. Covington works well as a defensive counterpart to Zion, whos' been pretty bad on that end. Simons has a ton of potential as a spark plug off the bench. Replace Redick with him. Then they get another first-rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by ohreally View Post
    This is why my trade was predicated on Drummond being signed for a few more years. Plus you're getting Garland, a legit scoring threat with 2.5 more seasons on a rookie contract. I can see a finishing five of Garland, Hardaway, Richardson, Luka and Drummond.
    As for Porzingis, I think he could work well next to Allen in Cleveland's front court. Allen's the defensive anchor. Porzingis can focus on scoring the **** out of the ball. Plus they get a first-rounder. I like a frisky young lineup of Sexton, Okoro, Cedi or Prince, Porzingis and Allen.

now that Thibs has Rose and Austin Rivers is out the Knicks rotation how is he winding up on the Sixers?

I think Mavs is the only realistic trade scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I think Mavs is the only realistic trade scenario.
    Rumor is we have interest in George Hill, so much rather have Nepotism2.0

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Rumor is we have interest in George Hill, so much rather have Nepotism2.0
    Rivers is coming your way. I feel it

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast