Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Definitely don't want an OT this year for the Eagles. Mailata deserves a shot and so does Dillard. The Eagles should take an interior lineman or two in the mid rounds. Kelce and Brooks may not be around much longer. Seumalo is still pretty young and Herbig was solid but could definitely use more depth or a future impact starter there.

2021 NFCE Offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Definitely don't want an OT this year for the Eagles. Mailata deserves a shot and so does Dillard. The Eagles should take an interior lineman or two in the mid rounds. Kelce and Brooks may not be around much longer. Seumalo is still pretty young and Herbig was solid but could definitely use more depth or a future impact starter there.
    I think kelce could retire any year now, brooks though, I can see him staying for several more years (barring future injury of course). I wonder if Dillard would be willing to move inside to guard. If kelce retires, seamalo can go to center which leaves an opening at LG.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I think kelce could retire any year now, brooks though, I can see him staying for several more years (barring future injury of course). I wonder if Dillard would be willing to move inside to guard. If kelce retires, seamalo can go to center which leaves an opening at LG.
    I don't think Dillard project well on the inside. He seems to be a tackle or bust.

I don't think Dillard project well on the inside. He seems to be a tackle or bust.
    Well then hopefully he can learn the right side. Mailata is just better than him at LT. When they threw Dillard in at RT as a rookie he looked bad, as any rookie would thatís never played RT would, but if he had a full offseason preparing to play RT then I think heíd be more successful at it.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Well then hopefully he can learn the right side. Mailata is just better than him at LT. When they threw Dillard in at RT as a rookie he looked bad, as any rookie would thatís never played RT would, but if he had a full offseason preparing to play RT then I think heíd be more successful at it.
    This is a make or break year for Dillard. If he doesn't start at LT, it's fair to consider him a bust. He *should* be better than Mailata, who I see more of a backup swing tackle.

I feel like Dillard hasnít really been able to just play OT yet.

Checked:
    4 starts then torn triceps. Donít think itís fair to give up on him already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I feel like Dillard hasnít really been able to just play OT yet.

Checked:
    4 starts then torn triceps. Donít think itís fair to give up on him already.
    Like I said, he *should* start at LT and he *should* be better than Mailata.

Agreed.

Oh yeah. Andre Dillard should be able to beat out a 7th round draft pick for the starting LT position. But if he doesnít, it definitely wouldnít be the first failed draft pick for howie roseman

I think you absolutely have to have dillard and mailata compete because you just never know. I loved what mailata did and I almost feel like if dillard actually beats him out thatís a really good sign. Iíd also at that point cross train mailata at RT as well since heís started to get the hang of LT

Heís so young at 23 that in 2 years he could replace lane Johnson at RT if dillard worked out and I actually think mailatas sensibilities work best on the right side as heís such a mauler

2021 NFCE Offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I think you absolutely have to have dillard and mailata compete because you just never know. I loved what mailata did and I almost feel like if dillard actually beats him out thatís a really good sign. Iíd also at that point cross train mailata at RT as well since heís started to get the hang of LT

Heís so young at 23 that in 2 years he could replace lane Johnson at RT if dillard worked out and I actually think mailatas sensibilities work best on the right side as heís such a mauler
    Agreed. It has to be a competition. Jeff stoutland is still there obviously but with a new head coach hopefully they wonít play favorites with some of the players like weíve seen before. Also, if Dillard wins then yeah thatís even better for sure because that means we got two really good young tackles with potential. Absolutely cross train mailata at RT. That could be a deadly LT and RT combo for maybe 7-8 years.

Football Team to part ways with Alex Smith
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Football Team to part ways with Alex Smith
    Interesting comments by him....that they didn't really want him to come back, etc
    The only surprise here, really, is that they'd do it before bringing a new one in.....unless they think Heinicke is fine while a draft pick gets ready.

Does this spell the end to his career?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Interesting comments by him....that they didn't really want him to come back, etc
    The only surprise here, really, is that they'd do it before bringing a new one in.....unless they think Heinicke is fine while a draft pick gets ready.

Heíll get on a roster somewhere. Heíll Iíd dump Mason in a heartbeat for Alex.

I think those comments partially played into the release. Maybe just the straw that broke the camels back with not being Rivs guy, them thinking he might not be the guy, and his age.

Additionally most vets rather be cut now than later. At lease he can talk to teams ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

Well, he was telling the truth, but it still wasn't a good look to go public with it. If there had been fewer guarantees on his contract, the Football Team would have moved on from him a long time ago.

Page 23 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast