Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 95 of 127 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1900
  1. #1411
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,211
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Yeah itís fun to play around with it but it has itís flaws.

    Do you think you guys would take najee Harris? I was talking to a Steelers fan and he said thatís who he wanted.
    Rumor is itís gonna be Harris, Dickson, or Teven Jenkins. I swear to god if we take a RT whoís more likely a OG in the first...

    I personally rather have Etienne, Eichenberg, or Owah.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #1412
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    35,429
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Speaking of Hurts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGB1FSkwhCI

    Smart guy.
    Uh oh 10K on massages. Great
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  3. #1413
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    35,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I think Smith would be great for the Eagles at 12. I'd take him over Waddle. I think Chase is the top guy pretty clearly, but Smith isn't far behind. He just needs to bulk up a bit more.
    Most definitely. Just to further prove my point here is a direct quote from PFF "Eagles receivers got open at the lowest rate in the league (54%) in 2020".

    Unless Sirriani turns into McVay or Payton, I'll want a refined route for sure. If you guys didn't take Lamb last year we did then Waddle would easily be the choice but it sounds like he might be taken top 10 so we will see.

    I've already stated my case for Smith in the eagles forum and I don't want to dive deep into it again but he's the same height as Ridley and I believe 10 15 pounds lighter and I think that's his floor. Once he gets into the NFL program he'll add the muscle and be fine uts not like he struggled in college when he got hit hard.

    I'm not high on Chase at all for the record.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  4. #1414
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    35,429
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    If they believe the talent is similar then absolutely, just stay at #12 and take a WR/CB there (or whoever they have at the top of their board). But if they think thereís a huge gap between say jamarr chase and the next WR on their board for example, Iíd hope that they would trade back up if the opportunity presented itself. Even if they give up two 3rds to trade back up, they are essentially trading two 3rds for a 1st (the 2022 Miami pick) and still getting their guy if that makes sense. So they will get their guy and still have more draft value then when they were at #6.
    I still wouldn't. Even if its for Devonta Smith, I'm not trading 2 3rds to move up a few spots.
    This is a rebuild, no need to rush and lose potential additions at other holes to move a few spots up.

    Just got to be patient, if we can't get a number 1 WR then there is always free agency next year and draft. Would be nice to get Hurts some weapons but not at the expense of valuable high round picks. 3rd round is prime for grabbing a free falling player.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  5. #1415
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15,090
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I could be wrong but I think joe judgeís job is pretty safe. A lot of giant fans Iíve talked to love joe judge. Obviously it doesnít matter what the fans think but I just think if the fans are that high on him then it probably means the owner is satisfied, at least for the moment.
    Really? Iím surprised by that. I think Joe Judge did pretty poorly last year. That team should have won the division and they barely got 6 wins in a terrible division. They were the healthiest team with a first round QB.

    Plus there was the coach in-fighting that occurred as well. Their last two coaches before him also only lasted two seasons each. If they only win 6 games again (or maybe 7 with the new schedule) then I donít see them sticking with him

  6. #1416
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Most definitely. Just to further prove my point here is a direct quote from PFF "Eagles receivers got open at the lowest rate in the league (54%) in 2020".

    Unless Sirriani turns into McVay or Payton, I'll want a refined route for sure. If you guys didn't take Lamb last year we did then Waddle would easily be the choice but it sounds like he might be taken top 10 so we will see.

    I've already stated my case for Smith in the eagles forum and I don't want to dive deep into it again but he's the same height as Ridley and I believe 10 15 pounds lighter and I think that's his floor. Once he gets into the NFL program he'll add the muscle and be fine uts not like he struggled in college when he got hit hard.

    I'm not high on Chase at all for the record.
    I agree. Even if Sirianni does implement a great scheme that gets guys open it still doesnít hurt to have a guy like Smith when that doesnít work or when he is against a top corner.

    Also I agree 100% on the weight issue. He can add that easily.

  7. #1417
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,393
    Miami at 6 and Dallas at 10 are taking offers for their picks. Interesting.

  8. #1418
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    20,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I think Smith would be great for the Eagles at 12. I'd take him over Waddle. I think Chase is the top guy pretty clearly, but Smith isn't far behind. He just needs to bulk up a bit more.
    Problem with "just bulking up" is that usually players who do so lose speed.

    I don't have many opinions on this draft, but I'm pretty firm about Waddle > Smith.

  9. #1419
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    20,923
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Yea I saw that a week or so ago. Smart guy. I really like him, Iím just not sure the eagles like him or not. I think this draft will give us a better hint of how the eagles feel about hurts
    His teammates do, management doesn't. They drafted him to be a backup because the franchise QB was injury prone. Hurts will have to prove them wrong.

  10. #1420
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15,090
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Problem with "just bulking up" is that usually players who do so lose speed.

    I don't have many opinions on this draft, but I'm pretty firm about Waddle > Smith.
    He doesn't need to add a ton lol. Maybe like 25 pounds and he'd be set. I don't think 25 pounds will slow him down much at all.

  11. #1421
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    20,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    He doesn't need to add a ton lol. Maybe like 25 pounds and he'd be set. I don't think 25 pounds will slow him down much at all.
    That's like a 15% increase in weight.

  12. #1422
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,745
    Every player has a threshold to the weight they can add before they lose speed. Jalen reagor for example I believe got up to 210-15 and it slowed him down before the combine. So for him 195-200 is probably a better number

    Idk what smiths threshold is. It could be 180-185

    I doubt itís much higher than that though. He doesnít have a frame to support 200lbs

    Also keep and eye on the eagles taking Christian barmore. Heís got a higher grade amongst NFL teams than he does internet mock drafters

    He fits the eagles profile. Not saying itíll happen. And they clearly donít like Alabama players lol. But just keep an eye on him.

  13. #1423
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15,090
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    That's like a 15% increase in weight.
    And presumably strength as well, but maybe 25 pounds is too much actually because that'd put him at 200 lbs. I was thinking he needs to get to 185-190, so that's really like 10 to 15 pounds. Negligible with the added strength and it's basically what Tyreek Hill weighs.

  14. #1424
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15,090
    Can you believe Amari Cooper is the same age as Calvin Ridley? That blows my mind.

  15. #1425
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    20,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    And presumably strength as well, but maybe 25 pounds is too much actually because that'd put him at 200 lbs. I was thinking he needs to get to 185-190, so that's really like 10 to 15 pounds. Negligible with the added strength and it's basically what Tyreek Hill weighs.
    Yeah, but Hill is also only 5'10. In terms of BMI, 5'10 and 185 pounds would be "overweight", whereas 6'1 and 175 lbs would be "normal".

    Unless Smith can add weight in the form of leg muscles only, I think it will slow him down.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 04-20-2021 at 10:57 AM.

Page 95 of 127 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •