Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 94 of 125 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1865
  1. #1396
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    35,428
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Waddle is 100% the best one. Everyone just forgot how good he was due to the injury. He was easily over Smith at the start of the season and pushing Chase. And despite being 3 inches taller, Smith is 25 pounds lighter than Waddle. Waddle is built kinda similar to Antonio Brown.
    Yup, if we didn't take freaken Reagor last year I would be clamoring for him too. But I want Smith badly because we need a damn route running technician because all we have on our team rifht now is guys built of sheer speed. I want an elite route running WR for a change and we haven't had one in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  2. #1397
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Yup, if we didn't take freaken Reagor last year I would be clamoring for him too. But I want Smith badly because we need a damn route running technician because all we have on our team rifht now is guys built of sheer speed. I want an elite route running WR for a change and we haven't had one in a while.
    I think Smith would be great for the Eagles at 12. I'd take him over Waddle. I think Chase is the top guy pretty clearly, but Smith isn't far behind. He just needs to bulk up a bit more.

  3. #1398
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    17,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I think Smith would be great for the Eagles at 12. I'd take him over Waddle. I think Chase is the top guy pretty clearly, but Smith isn't far behind. He just needs to bulk up a bit more.
    If they still believe in Reagor do they want WR 1 and 2 being so tiny ?

  4. #1399
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15,087
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    If they still believe in Reagor do they want WR 1 and 2 being so tiny ?
    Smith is skinny right now, but he is 6'1" so he's not exactly tiny. He just needs to bulk up. Smith is taller than both Chase and Waddle. If they went with Waddle, they'd be tiny.

  5. #1400
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,095
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It's grading system is wonky.

    In one attempt I traded down from 24 with the Jets at 34 for 34, 86, 186, 2022 1st and it gave me a C-; then took Liam Eichenberg (it lists OT as a need) and got a C.

    Then I trade a future 5th for a 7th, got an A; and drafted Ian Book, got an A+.

    Next attempt I gave up a similar package for pick 11, got an A; took Penei Sewell and got an A+.
    Yeah the grading system is also a bit off but Iíve done some trades like this for example, trading from #12 to #5 by just giving up #12 and a 2022 2nd round pick for example. Thatís not realistic. And then I picked kwity paye at #37 and it gave it a B- which a lot of people have paye going 1st round so I personally think thatíd be better than a B-


  6. #1401
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Not for Waddle but his premise is absolutely bang on.
    Miami lost stupid value because the difference between Pitts or Chase to whomever we draft is not a first and a round upgrade.

    Under that same premise the difference to me between Horn, Pitts, Chase, Smith is not two thirds or a third and a 4th or whatever the chart suggests.
    If there was a huge talent disparity and drop of then ofc you move up to secure a blue chip talent but to me were still landing one at 12.

    Plus I'm still operating under the impression the Eagles will just go of the board and draft defensive end or something and that Smith or Horn are pipe dreams.
    If they believe the talent is similar then absolutely, just stay at #12 and take a WR/CB there (or whoever they have at the top of their board). But if they think thereís a huge gap between say jamarr chase and the next WR on their board for example, Iíd hope that they would trade back up if the opportunity presented itself. Even if they give up two 3rds to trade back up, they are essentially trading two 3rds for a 1st (the 2022 Miami pick) and still getting their guy if that makes sense. So they will get their guy and still have more draft value then when they were at #6.

  7. #1402
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,200
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Yeah the grading system is also a bit off but Iíve done some trades like this for example, trading from #12 to #5 by just giving up #12 and a 2022 2nd round pick for example. Thatís not realistic. And then I picked kwity paye at #37 and it gave it a B- which a lot of people have paye going 1st round so I personally think thatíd be better than a B-
    Either someone isn't a need or they don't think he's as good. The whole grading system is based on their grading.

  8. #1403
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,095
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    He could also be a Tyreek Hill who doesn't beat women. *If* we go WR, Waddle is who I would want. Hurts said he thinks Waddle will have the best career out of the Alabama players in this draft (so not Smith, Surtain, Barmore, etc.) and I trust that intel. But like I said before I don't really care about the draft anymore, reading up on prospects, stuff like that. So it doesn't really matter to me who will be the pick.
    Depends on how highly the eagles value Jalen hurts opinion I guess. Considering all the reports of their interest in other QBs, Iím assuming they arenít going to listen to Jalen hurts a whole lot right now but we will see.

  9. #1404
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,095
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Speaking of Hurts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGB1FSkwhCI

    Smart guy.
    Yea I saw that a week or so ago. Smart guy. I really like him, Iím just not sure the eagles like him or not. I think this draft will give us a better hint of how the eagles feel about hurts

  10. #1405
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yeah, I'd say McCarthy is. If they have another year like last year (even with injuries) I don't see McCarthy making it to a third season. Jerry wants to win another one before he dies so I don't see patience being high on his list. McCarthy doesn't have that connection like JG did.

    Joe Judge is also probably kind of on the hot seat. The Giants don't seem to stick with coaches for long (except Coughlin) and Judge had a rocky start last year and they could like JG to take over from him maybe.

    The other NFCE coaches should have more leeway.
    I could be wrong but I think joe judgeís job is pretty safe. A lot of giant fans Iíve talked to love joe judge. Obviously it doesnít matter what the fans think but I just think if the fans are that high on him then it probably means the owner is satisfied, at least for the moment.

  11. #1406
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,095
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Either someone isn't a need or they don't think he's as good. The whole grading system is based on their grading.
    Maybe they think ED isnít a need for the eagles? Iíd disagree. Itís just weird because in their mock draft they actually had kwity paye going to the eagles at #12 so youíd think in their mock draft simulator theyíd give a better grade for getting him at #37? I donít know..

    https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-...s-jamarr-chase

  12. #1407
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,200
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Yeah the grading system is also a bit off but Iíve done some trades like this for example, trading from #12 to #5 by just giving up #12 and a 2022 2nd round pick for example. Thatís not realistic. And then I picked kwity paye at #37 and it gave it a B- which a lot of people have paye going 1st round so I personally think thatíd be better than a B-
    Actually if you want something stupid, the Steelers needs at QB, OT, OG. I drafted all OT's and OG's....all got an A grade. One center, a real need, and it gets a C-.

  13. #1408
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Yup, if we didn't take freaken Reagor last year I would be clamoring for him too. But I want Smith badly because we need a damn route running technician because all we have on our team rifht now is guys built of sheer speed. I want an elite route running WR for a change and we haven't had one in a while.
    I think reagor will do well with sirianni

  14. #1409
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,095
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Actually if you want something stupid, the Steelers needs at QB, OT, OG. I drafted all OT's and OG's....all got an A grade. One center, a real need, and it gets a C-.
    Yeah itís fun to play around with it but it has itís flaws.

    Do you think you guys would take najee Harris? I was talking to a Steelers fan and he said thatís who he wanted.

  15. #1410
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,095

    2021 NFCE Offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    If they still believe in Reagor do they want WR 1 and 2 being so tiny ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Smith is skinny right now, but he is 6'1" so he's not exactly tiny. He just needs to bulk up. Smith is taller than both Chase and Waddle. If they went with Waddle, they'd be tiny.


    Thing is with nick sirianniís system, he doesnít necessarily need big 50/50 guys at WR. He likes to scheme WRs open so a guy that can get a lot of yards after the catch is probably more of the kind of receiver he would want so jaylen waddle might be exactly what heís looking for in a WR at #12.

Page 94 of 125 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •