Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 90 of 127 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1899
  1. #1336
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,105

    2021 NFCE Offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I think there is a reason and that reason is called Chip Kelly.
    Yeah but there’s a huge difference between telling one coach: “hey, do whatever you want with the roster. You can trade, cut, draft, sign whoever you want. Go wild! Wooohoooo!! Time to get laid and time to get paid boi!!!”

    and then telling the next coach:

    “ok this is your gameplan this Sunday and this is who will be active for the game. No Doug, don’t even think about calling the plays that you want to call, these are the plays that you will call. Don’t make me bend you over my knee again and spank you because I will mister”.

  2. #1337
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,105
    That’s two very far extremes on both ends of the spectrum. It’s a complete 180 with how they treated chip Kelly to Doug pederson

  3. #1338
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    20,919
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    That’s two very far extremes on both ends of the spectrum. It’s a complete 180 with how they treated chip Kelly to Doug pederson
    That's why I think one approach was a reaction to the other. Lurie is never going to do the Chip Kelly experiment again.

  4. #1339
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,105
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    That's why I think one approach was a reaction to the other. Lurie is never going to do the Chip Kelly experiment again.
    And I think it probably does play somewhat of a factor, I’m not denying that, but my point is how much is due to the “chip Kelly effect” and how much is due to Doug pederson literally doing things that Lurie hated? You’d think that the owner would think things are going in the right direction with a super bowl win and two additional playoff appearances in the first 4 years, unless something else was going on behind the scenes..

    If pederson is completely innocent in all of this then Jeffrey Lurie has gotta be easily one of the dumbest GMs in sports history.

  5. #1340
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    20,919
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    And I think it probably does play somewhat of a factor, I’m not denying that, but my point is how much is due to the “chip Kelly effect” and how much is due to Doug pederson literally doing things that Lurie hated? You’d think that the owner would think things are going in the right direction with a super bowl win and two additional playoff appearances in the first 4 years, unless something else was going on behind the scenes..

    If pederson is completely innocent in all of this then Jeffrey Lurie has gotta be easily one of the dumbest GMs in sports history.
    I think this setup was there when Pederson was hired, as a reaction to how Chip Kelly's last year played out, and they never changed it despite the Super Bowl victory.

    Actually I think Lurie believes the setup is why *he* won the Super Bowl.

    And it will continue now with Sirianni.

  6. #1341
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    17,622
    I think Doug is a good/solid coach overall and the team always played well for him through any adversity. They rose to the occasion when it mattered most and for the large part of his tenure played well down the stretch. The roster didn't do him any favors -- but the staff did not put enough growth into these guys. JJAW learning all three receiver positions off the bat is one indicator. Who called the shot to play Alshon over Fulgham? The tension overall had to lead to some mudslinging along the way.

    His downfall was that he wasn't the offensive guru people made him out to be after 2017 and he seemed unwilling to adapt with his staff. Going into a rebuild was he the guy to lead you through that? I think Lurie wants to hit on a really bright offensive mind and that's why they fell in love with Nick Sarrini. It's great if he hits or is even a good coach and if not he's hoping the roster is in better shape when he has to hire the next.

    I was also wondering since Lurie had Andy the genius for so long that he's been yearning for that since. The bottle of lightening afterwards was Chip Kelly who he handed too much power and it came to bite him right in the ***. Now he's back to his old dog in Howie and micromanaged it far too much from what has come out.

  7. #1342
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,105
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I think this setup was there when Pederson was hired, as a reaction to how Chip Kelly's last year played out, and they never changed it despite the Super Bowl victory.

    Actually I think Lurie believes the setup is why *he* won the Super Bowl.

    And it will continue now with Sirianni.
    I’ll have to read it again for clarity but the article didn’t say that it was a constant thing that started immediately when pederson was hired. I got the impression that it started at some point after the 1st season (probably a non negotiable condition that was made between howie/Lurie and Doug that was made so that Doug could keep his job). I also got the impression that it fazed out somewhat during or after the super bowl season because it was mentioned during that season but then not mentioned again as a thing till 2019 in the article. Yes, this is speculation on my part but I just think it’d be easy to say “this happened weekly ever since pederson was hired and continued till he was fired” versus jumping around in years that it did happen.

  8. #1343
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,105

    2021 NFCE Offseason thread

    Again, I think howie/Lurie deserve the majority of blame but I also think many others deserve at least some blame including Doug pederson. Like I said, that article is pretty one sided, it seems a bit too convenient for the agenda to be “Doug had his hands tied by the front office. Lurie and howie wouldn’t let him coach.” This is coming after several of Doug pedersons top assistants were hired elsewhere and have shown to be very good coaches without pederson, meanwhile the eagles offense took a hit after those coaches left.

  9. #1344
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    20,919
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I’ll have to read it again for clarity but the article didn’t say that it was a constant thing that started immediately when pederson was hired. I got the impression that it started at some point after the 1st season (probably a non negotiable condition that was made between howie/Lurie and Doug that was made so that Doug could keep his job). I also got the impression that it fazed out somewhat during or after the super bowl season because it was mentioned during that season but then not mentioned again as a thing till 2019 in the article. Yes, this is speculation on my part but I just think it’d be easy to say “this happened weekly ever since pederson was hired and continued till he was fired” versus jumping around in years that it did happen.
    Quote: "The Tuesday tribunals with team owner Jeffrey Lurie and general manager Howie Roseman were a weekly occurrence during Pederson’s five-year tenure as Eagles head coach."

  10. #1345
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    20,919
    Honestly, the most damning part to me in the article is that Lurie is prepping his son to take over in the future, and the son is already hiring his college buddies to high-level position in the front office. That means there's a good chance the Eagles could turn into team owned and run by a failson like the Bengals, Raiders, Texans, etc.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 04-16-2021 at 09:38 AM.

  11. #1346
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,105
    And thinking about it, now is actually a very convenient time to have “inside info” like this leak because everybody in the eagles front office is spending all of their time on the draft. Pederson has been fired for 3 months now, why leak this info now all of a sudden? Howie/Lurie probably don’t want to waste their time leaking info about why they fired Doug pederson, they’d probably rather invest 100% of their time on the draft. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear some anonymous “inside info dirt” on Doug pederson and other coaches at some point after the draft.

  12. #1347
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,105
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Honestly, the most damning part to me in the article is that Lurie is prepping his son to take over in the future, and the son is already hiring his college buddies to high-level position in the front office. That means there's a good chance the Eagles could turn into team owned and run by a failson like the Bengals, Raiders, Texans, etc.
    Agreed. I didn’t like that part

  13. #1348
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,105
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Quote: "The Tuesday tribunals with team owner Jeffrey Lurie and general manager Howie Roseman were a weekly occurrence during Pederson’s five-year tenure as Eagles head coach."
    If it truly was a weekly occurrence that began as soon as pederson was hired and remained a thing every week for 5 years straight then yes, that looks bad on howie/Lurie and is almost for sure a reaction to the chip Kelly disaster.

  14. #1349
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    91,803
    Or they weren't confident in his (Doug's) independent decision making and felt the need to stay heavily involved.

    Keep in mind they were basically suckered to take Doug as Reid/KC didn't divulge his affair prior to hire. I am sure that didn't set well with higher ups and players with a better moral compass.

  15. #1350
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,105
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Or they weren't confident in his (Doug's) independent decision making and felt the need to stay heavily involved.

    Keep in mind they were basically suckered to take Doug as Reid/KC didn't divulge his affair prior to hire. I am sure that didn't set well with higher ups and players with a better moral compass.
    Right, and that’s what I’m getting at. I’m not buying that Doug pederson is completely flawless and that the only reason they babied him is because of chip Kelly. I’m sure pederson gave them reason to continue these types of meetings.

Page 90 of 127 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •