Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 112 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2372
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Yet Moss' weight was 194 lbs at the combine.

If Smith were to bulk up to skinny Isaac Bruce's weight (188 lbs) that's a 10.5% increase in weight.

If this affects his performance, I don't even want him to get bigger. I just want him to play smart and not get hurt.
    Yeah but moss was like 3-4 inches taller. Their BMI is actually pretty similar.

My point is Moss put on like 15-20 pounds of healthy weight in the nfl. For his height that is acceptable. I donít think smith would need to do that, maybe heíd need another 8-10 or so. Of course this wouldnít happen all at once, itíd happen over the course of maybe 2-3 years so that it can be sustainable and wonít effect his speed. If he did that then heíd have the same BMI as Marvin Harrison.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    The issue I have with DSmiths size is how well will he handle being bumped off his line? Bama did a great job of putting him on the wide side of the field with single WR sets to give him as much space as possible. In the NFL there isnít as many wide sides, and thereís more traffic to navigate with LBers and Ss redirecting their routes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To build off of this... thereís a different between a great, really productive receiver and someone who has gravity to change how defenses play, open up space for others and make coverage reads easier on your QB.

Iím not sure Smith will be the second guy in the NFL. I think youíre really looking for that caliber of player if you go that high in the draft.

On this board we always tend to talk in extremes. Either heís an elite WR or a total bust. Ultimately I see it more down the middle. I think Smith will be good enough that no one looks back and hammers the pick, but there are things that will hold him back to the extent that the more nuanced fans will just look at it as not the best pick to have made despite him being a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    To build off of this... thereís a different between a great, really productive receiver and someone who has gravity to change how defenses play, open up space for others and make coverage reads easier on your QB.

Iím not sure Smith will be the second guy in the NFL. I think youíre really looking for that caliber of player if you go that high in the draft.

On this board we always tend to talk in extremes. Either heís an elite WR or a total bust. Ultimately I see it more down the middle. I think Smith will be good enough that no one looks back and hammers the pick, but there are things that will hold him back to the extent that the more nuanced fans will just look at it as not the best pick to have made despite him being a good player.
    Iíd argue all WRs are the first player

Itís not as high impact of a player as many other positions.

The NFLs best WR will never have the impact of an Aaron donald, or an aaron Rodgers, or an elite offensive line

WRs are more impactful as units than individuals

Deandre Hopkins was amazing last season in Arizona, yet Deshaun Watson had his best season ever without him

So to say devonta smith will just be at best a great really productive WR is fine. Heíll be in line with the rest.

Changing how defenses play at WR is such a minor influence.

WRs best value is in making life easier for the most important player on the field. If devonta gets open quickly and catches everything thrown his way heís worth the #10 pick plain and simple. Nothing wrong with a high volume WR

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post

Well said. Even if he just uses his speed to get deep and force the safeties to not crash down on everything that can really help, but is it really a player who uses his gravity to change how defenses play?

Like it or not...out of the Draft Days the team in the NFC East that had the best overall Draft would have to be the Dallas Cowboys as much as it pains me to even say that

2021 NFCE Offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Like it or not...out of the Draft Days the team in the NFC East that had the best overall Draft would have to be the Dallas Cowboys as much as it pains me to even say that
    Most analysts Iíve seen like the giants draft the best and cowboys the least. Even the Dallas morning news gave their own team a C grade. Itís really weird because Dallas usually owns the draft.

Hereís a compilation of a bunch of analysts draft grades put together and averaged out, it goes giants then eagles then Washington, a bit of a drop and then Dallas.

My favorite (least favorite, however you want to call it) pick for the cowboys is jabril Cox. I thought that was great value for them in the 4th round. I hated it.llullz..

Giants also look good too with Slayton, Golladay, Toney, Saquon, Engram, Rudolph, Shepherd and then Danny Dimes...the Giants look good next year

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Giants also look good too with Slayton, Golladay, Toney, Saquon, Engram, Rudolph, Shepherd and then Danny Dimes...the Giants look good next year
    That last name ruins it all though.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Yeah but moss was like 3-4 inches taller. Their BMI is actually pretty similar.

My point is Moss put on like 15-20 pounds of healthy weight in the nfl. For his height that is acceptable. I donít think smith would need to do that, maybe heíd need another 8-10 or so. Of course this wouldnít happen all at once, itíd happen over the course of maybe 2-3 years so that it can be sustainable and wonít effect his speed. If he did that then heíd have the same BMI as Marvin Harrison.
    They did a tale of the tape Smith and AI and Smith is pretty much the exact same size as Iverson .

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    They did a tale of the tape Smith and AI and Smith is pretty much the exact same size as Iverson .
    Smith looks a little bit bigger but yeah I can see the similarities. Both have been doubted due to their size and both have used that as fuel to become better.

Nobody will be talking about smiths size once they see him play in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Nobody will be talking about smiths size once they see him play in the NFL
    Absolutely. How about in stead of focusing on things he can't do or cannot control, how about focus on this he can do. Devonta is going to toast alot of DB's with his speed and catching ability.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Smith looks a little bit bigger but yeah I can see the similarities. Both have been doubted due to their size and both have used that as fuel to become better.
    He seems like a football player to me . And thatís kind of how he defended his size . He pretty much said heís looking to work hard and do his job .

Howís JH on deep balls . I know I saw a couple long ones from him but you canít help but think how Smith would be able to take the top off the defense with the cannon and release that Wentz had . Itís still hard to believe they couldnít make that work .

2021 NFCE Offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    He seems like a football player to me . And thatís kind of how he defended his size . He pretty much said heís looking to work hard and do his job .

Howís JH on deep balls . I know I saw a couple long ones from him but you canít help but think how Smith would be able to take the top off the defense with the cannon and release that Wentz had . Itís still hard to believe they couldnít make that work .
    His deep balls are inconsistent. People talk about his arm strength, I donít think his arm strength is an issue to be honest, heís not a wentz or mahomes or josh Allen etc but I think he has enough arm, itís the accuracy that we gotta see improvement for. Last year he only played what, like 3 1/2 full games? So itís a small sample size but in that time I saw some very impressive deep throws that I honestly did not think he could make. At the same time, I also saw some throws that I thought he should make that he missed on. So really itís consistency. Heís been working his *** off this offseason so hopefully we can see some more consistency with his throws.