Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 111 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2371
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I agree, that makes the most sense. This defense needs a veteran presence, especially with the retirement of Sean Lee. Let me tell you why they wonít even make an attempt though. Over the last few seasons the Cowboys have coveted their compensatory picks. They lost Xavier Woods and should get a comp pick for him however if they sign Sherman they will likely lose that pick. Depending on how he plays the pick could be as good as a 3rd round pick. They value the pick more than what Sherman would bring to the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe starting today player signed donít count towards comp picks anymore. Maybe date is wrong but thereís absolutely a cutoff day on those formulas and itís coming up. Read someone report that FA dominos will start to fall again after the draft for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    So it's probably totally legal for an offensive player to launch into a defender's face like that huh. He wasn't exactly engaged yet but Parsons is clearly bracing for that impact. In my eyes that should be a penalty.

I'm just bored browsing so sorry to derail here lol
    Ah come on man.. Youíre a bears fan, right? You should appreciate good physical football. I donít see it as launching into parsons face. The point of contact was on parsons shoulder. It woulda been a weak call if the ref threw a flag, this is football, not Girl Scouts. I just always hate seeing questionable penalties like that even if it favors my team, like just let them play physical football. Now if it was targeting (which it wasnít) or if it was an intentional helmet to helmet (which it wasnít) then I can see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I agree, that makes the most sense. This defense needs a veteran presence, especially with the retirement of Sean Lee. Let me tell you why they wonít even make an attempt though. Over the last few seasons the Cowboys have coveted their compensatory picks. They lost Xavier Woods and should get a comp pick for him however if they sign Sherman they will likely lose that pick. Depending on how he plays the pick could be as good as a 3rd round pick. They value the pick more than what Sherman would bring to the table.

If Iím not mistaken thereís a date at which point new signings donít get taken into the comp formula

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I believe starting today player signed donít count towards comp picks anymore. Maybe date is wrong but thereís absolutely a cutoff day on those formulas and itís coming up. Read someone report that FA dominos will start to fall again after the draft for this reason.
    For some reason May 2nd sticks in my head as the day.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    He's been doing that for years.
    Was about to say the same.llullz

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Jalens going to be throwing to Dallas soÖ itís a wash?

A little side note but I hope they extend him before the year. I bet they could get somewhat of a discount if they do it now. I could see him having a very good year

https://youtu.be/jCVwlV_SpZw

Hereís 3 minutes of devonta smith destroying next years potential top5 pick, Derek stingley jr. How many elite corners does devonta have to beat to get some respek around here

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post

Hereís 3 minutes of devonta smith destroying next years potential top5 pick, Derek stingley jr. How many elite corners does devonta have to beat to get some respek around here
    I just wanna see him do it in the NFL. One of his main strengths was YAC and I'm not sure he should attempt much of that against bigger, faster DBs. At 2:43 is a good example of what happens when 230 pounds meet 170 pounds in motion. That's his Eagles draft class mate JaCoby Stevens, by the way.

2021 NFCE Offseason thread

I just wanna see him do it in the NFL. One of his main strengths was YAC and I'm not sure he should attempt much of that against bigger, faster DBs. At 2:43 is a good example of what happens when 230 pounds meet 170 pounds in motion. That's his Eagles draft class mate JaCoby Stevens, by the way.
    I thought he took that hit just fine. He stayed in the game and caught a deep TD on stingley a few minutes later. Look at 1:50. Stevens illegally tries to knock Smith off his route and smith stayed the course and still caught the ball as stingley was tackling him. I think plays like this are a bigger indication of if he can play against physicality or not. I see a lot of plays like this where players try to get physical with smith and it doesnít faze him.

Now I will say that although the SEC is a very physical conference, itís nothing compared to playing in the NFL. Whether he can do this against bigger, faster, and stronger players every single week remains to be seen but I donít see any reason on tape why he canít be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    If thatís the case Richard Sherman SHOULD be on his way to Dallas. I still have doubts that they even make an attempt though.

I thought he took that hit just fine. He stayed in the game and caught a deep TD on stingley a few minutes later. Look at 1:50. Stevens illegally tries to knock Smith off his route and smith stayed the course and still caught the ball as stingley was tackling him. I think plays like this are a bigger indication of if he can play against physicality or not. I see a lot of plays like this where players try to get physical with smith and it doesnít faze him.

Now I will say that although the SEC is a very physical conference, itís nothing compared to playing in the NFL. Whether he can do this against bigger, faster, and stronger players every single week remains to be seen but I donít see any reason on tape why he canít be successful.
    Yeah, he took the hit alright. That's my point -- not whether it knocked him out of the game. When a heavy object and a light object collide the light one takes on the brunt of the momentum. I wish we still had self-tackling Maclin so Smith could learn from him.

2021 NFCE Offseason thread

When a heavy object and a light object collide the light one takes on the brunt of the momentum.
    Iíd argue that this probably applies to most wide receivers in the nfl, though yes devonta smith is one of the skinniest at the moment. But we have seen skinny wide receivers succeed before. Heís probably around the same size or maybe even a little bigger than desean jackson when he came out. I also donít see why he canít get up to around where hall of famer Marvin Harrison was as far as weight is concerned, heís not that far off right now. Itíll probably take a few seasons but I could see it. Isaac Bruce is another skinny hall of famer, so they are out there. Not saying devonta will be a HOFer, but rather just saying skinny WRs can succeed and have a good long career.

Letís also not forget the GOAT. Randy moss was a twig in college.

The messed up part is he did well against Stingley 2 years in a row and Stingley is no slouch.
    Like I said in the Eagles forum after year 2 hell ve best in the division and by end of year 3, he'll be top 5 in the NFL barring a huge injury of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Iíd argue that this probably applies to most wide receivers in the nfl, though yes devonta smith is one of the skinniest at the moment. But we have seen skinny wide receivers succeed before. Heís probably around the same size or maybe even a little bigger than desean jackson when he came out. I also donít see why he canít get up to around where hall of famer Marvin Harrison was as far as weight is concerned, heís not that far off right now. Itíll probably take a few seasons but I could see it. Isaac Bruce is another skinny hall of famer, so they are out there. Not saying devonta will be a HOFer, but rather just saying skinny WRs can succeed and have a good long career.

Letís also not forget the GOAT. Randy moss was a twig in college.
    Yet Moss' weight was 194 lbs at the combine.

If Smith were to bulk up to skinny Isaac Bruce's weight (188 lbs) that's a 10.5% increase in weight.

If this affects his performance, I don't even want him to get bigger. I just want him to play smart and not get hurt.

The issue I have with DSmiths size is how well will he handle being bumped off his line? Bama did a great job of putting him on the wide side of the field with single WR sets to give him as much space as possible. In the NFL there isnít as many wide sides, and thereís more traffic to navigate with LBers and Ss redirecting their routes.