Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 185 of 229 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3425
  1. #2761
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15,833

    2021 NFCE Offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Nope and I wrote it out exactly the way I did because I figured youíd comment.

    Watson is easily a top 5 QB so having a top 5 cap hit going forward isnít as bad as having a QB I believe to be closer to 10th best making top 5 cap.

    I did also say that given how Iím not confident with the Eagles defense, Iím not sure how they could build around Watson. Eagles have decent, young, cheap talent on offense so Iím not too worried there if they land Watson. Ironically, if the Eagles acquired Watson theyíd be in a similar situation as Dallas, however with a better QB.

    Heís also already signed through 2026 I believe so not sure your point of wanting to be paid the highest.

    His looming suspension and the age and uncertainty of the defense would be a reason I wouldnít want Watson. Iíd be happy getting Watson but because of the above and the fact he is such a large cap hit, Iíd be worried nothing would come from it.
    To be fair, I felt your comment was well worded and fit with what you said before

    But I still donít agree with you lol. Give me the QB generally. I donít think Iíd want Watson at that price though
    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=201467&dateline=16293  13413

  2. #2762
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    To be fair, I felt your comment was well worded and fit with what you said before

    But I still donít agree with you lol. Give me the QB generally. I donít think Iíd want Watson at that price though
    I took it as full 180. Lol
    Trading the farm and paying a QB is going even farther then what I was suggesting the other day. This idea to me would be far more alienating then what the cowboys did.
    Before it was a hard no now heís on the fence and unsure. Not the same situations but on the same curve.
    Anyway, Watson is only 25 so getting your QB for the next 10 years is never a bad thing.

  3. #2763
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15,833
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I took it as full 180. Lol
    Trading the farm and paying a QB is going even farther then what I was suggesting the other day. This idea to me would be far more alienating then what the cowboys did.
    Before it was a hard no now heís on the fence and unsure. Not the same situations but on the same curve.
    Anyway, Watson is only 25 so getting your QB for the next 10 years is never a bad thing.
    Well his stance was that Dak is overpaid and he did at one point say a top 5 guy makes sense I think. I disagree that Watson is top 5 and think he undervalues Dak, but his stance is not completely off.

    I also feel like he said he wasnít sure if he would do that or not. If he would, then I agree that doesnít make much sense at all. I think the Eagles would be worse off for trading for Watson. The Texans havenít won with him and the Eagles would have to gut their future roster building attempts in order to get him.
    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=201467&dateline=16293  13413

  4. #2764
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    93,173
    Going after watson at that price tag would be one of the 3 dumbest things the eagles have done at the qb position this calendar year.

    Under no circumstance do you do anything other than see what hurts is at this point. You literally ruined a franchise qb over front office ineptitude, time to stop compounding mistakes.

  5. #2765
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    43,704
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I took it as full 180. Lol
    Trading the farm and paying a QB is going even farther then what I was suggesting the other day. This idea to me would be far more alienating then what the cowboys did.
    Before it was a hard no now heís on the fence and unsure. Not the same situations but on the same curve.
    Anyway, Watson is only 25 so getting your QB for the next 10 years is never a bad thing.
    I donít feel Dak is better than the 8th best QB in the game. I donít think heís worth top 3 cap space.

    I do think Watson is a top 5 (would argue top 3) QB in the game. Him making top 3 cap makes more sense. Iím on the fence because you are giving up a large amount AND I donít think the Eagles are a QB away from winning (something youíve conveniently left out where I said acquiring a QB when youíre pretty much a QB away is a smarter thing to do). If itís something similar to what Mamba said to offer with the Eagles having two extra firsts itís not Ďselling the farm.í Iím also on the fence because of the allegations and possible/likely suspension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  6. #2766
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    43,704
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Going after watson at that price tag would be one of the 3 dumbest things the eagles have done at the qb position this calendar year.

    Under no circumstance do you do anything other than see what hurts is at this point. You literally ruined a franchise qb over front office ineptitude, time to stop compounding mistakes.
    Eh to be fair, Watson is definitely a better QB than Wentz. Watson succeeded in a pretty inept FO over in Houston too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  7. #2767
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,084
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I donít feel Dak is better than the 8th best QB in the game. I donít think heís worth top 3 cap space.

    I do think Watson is a top 5 (would argue top 3) QB in the game. Him making top 3 cap makes more sense. Iím on the fence because you are giving up a large amount AND I donít think the Eagles are a QB away from winning (something youíve conveniently left out where I said acquiring a QB when youíre pretty much a QB away is a smarter thing to do). If itís something similar to what Mamba said to offer with the Eagles having two extra firsts itís not Ďselling the farm.í Iím also on the fence because of the allegations and possible/likely suspension.
    Very fair.

  8. #2768
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    43,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Well his stance was that Dak is overpaid and he did at one point say a top 5 guy makes sense I think. I disagree that Watson is top 5 and think he undervalues Dak, but his stance is not completely off.

    I also feel like he said he wasnít sure if he would do that or not. If he would, then I agree that doesnít make much sense at all. I think the Eagles would be worse off for trading for Watson. The Texans havenít won with him and the Eagles would have to gut their future roster building attempts in order to get him.
    Pretty much this. Not sure what 5 youíd take over Watson. Iíd say Mahomes and Rodgers are the only for sure. Wilson maybe. Brady is a name and on a great offense so possibly. Allen needs more than last year. About the only guys worth an argument but Iíd say Rodgers and Mahomes are the only clear QBs Iíd take over him.

    Paying a top 10 guy makes sense if youíre a QB away. Bucs last year made a ton of sense. Colts made sense trading for Wentz. Miami, Denver and SF wouldíve made sense going after Watson. Heck WFT actually makes sense.

    I think me loving Watson is why I even entertain getting him. Theyíre pretty far away though and I do like the idea of seeing what Hurts has being cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  9. #2769
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,272
    I don't see a Watson trade happening before the starts of the season. I may be wrong.

  10. #2770
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    25,092
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Going after watson at that price tag would be one of the 3 dumbest things the eagles have done at the qb position this calendar year.

    Under no circumstance do you do anything other than see what hurts is at this point. You literally ruined a franchise qb over front office ineptitude, time to stop compounding mistakes.
    So you're saying you'd pass up an established top 5 QB in the league for a guy who you think is a RB?

  11. #2771
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    93,173
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    So you're saying you'd pass up an established top 5 QB in the league for a guy who you think is a RB?
    Iíve clearly said I think hurts may be fine.

    If he fails, another top pick. If he is decent, you build around him with all that ammo.

    He has this year.

  12. #2772
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    43,704
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Iíve clearly said I think hurts may be fine.

    If he fails, another top pick. If he is decent, you build around him with all that ammo.

    He has this year.
    Iím also not against this idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  13. #2773
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    93,173
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Iím also not against this idea.
    Itís the only way to go imo.

  14. #2774
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    43,704
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Itís the only way to go imo.
    I guess I just hate seeing years wasted. Not saying this will be a wasted season as I do like the offensive pieces around him and also like some of the patch work done on defense but if heís less than ok youíre seeing Cox, Graham. Nelson, Kerrigan Kohnson, Brooks, Just get older and less valuable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  15. #2775
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    25,092
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Itís the only way to go imo.
    I'd have to completely disagree that the only way to go is with a guy whose most likely outcome is be completely average when there is a top 5 QB, who is still very young, right there for the taking.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •