Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 184 of 229 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 3425
  1. #2746
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    43,779
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Iím surprised you would be ok with all of this. Werenít you just saying that QBs with big cap hits dont do well?
    This year his cap his fine but will go up next year. If the trade goes well he will want to be one of the highest paid guys in the NFL. How could the eagles refuse or let him walk after giving up a massive package?
    So not only are you potentially paying top dollar but giving all the assets to do so.
    It just seems contradictory to what you were saying earlier.
    Nope and I wrote it out exactly the way I did because I figured youíd comment.

    Watson is easily a top 5 QB so having a top 5 cap hit going forward isnít as bad as having a QB I believe to be closer to 10th best making top 5 cap.

    I did also say that given how Iím not confident with the Eagles defense, Iím not sure how they could build around Watson. Eagles have decent, young, cheap talent on offense so Iím not too worried there if they land Watson. Ironically, if the Eagles acquired Watson theyíd be in a similar situation as Dallas, however with a better QB.

    Heís also already signed through 2026 I believe so not sure your point of wanting to be paid the highest.

    His looming suspension and the age and uncertainty of the defense would be a reason I wouldnít want Watson. Iíd be happy getting Watson but because of the above and the fact he is such a large cap hit, Iíd be worried nothing would come from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  2. #2747
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Sounds like they are just plugging a while with an average vet. Considering the deal he got Iíd be surprised if he makes it past the last round of cuts.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol.. Not sure if serious or not. The eagles cornerback group has been amongst the worst in the NFL for like 2-3 years. Iíd probably make the roster.

  3. #2748
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,920

    2021 NFCE Offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I posted in the Watson thread (I love the talent that Watson brings but dudes seemingly a grade A pervert at the least)

    2022: 2 of 3 firsts and a second (if the Colts doesnít become a a 1st, Eagles keep the better of the 2 seconds) 3 picks ultimately
    2023: 1st/2nd
    2024: 1st/2nd
    Hurts

    Then I think Dillard, Barnett, Ertz. Not sure who else would be a viable option. Maybe a different OL? Not sure the Texans would go for Barnett or Ertz.

    The 5 picks and Hurts are basically a shoe in though.

    The Eagles could essentially be trading:
    Carson, Hurts, (above player), 2 firsts, and 2 seconds for Watson.

    Thatís a decent amount to give up and I donít think the Eagles have a great core that puts them a QB away BUT Watson is pretty easily a top 5 QB. Heís a 16 mil cap in 2021 but balloons up to 40 in 2022. If Iím reading correctly he then has 22 mil more owed in bonuses in 2023 and 2024 but cost no more than $11 mil against the cap if cut before 2023 season. The offense should be great with Watson but not sure how you replenish the defense with only 3 of your next 8 top 2 round picks.

    Watson is for sure a tricky situation but I believe the Eagles/Howie will definitely be trying for this guy.
    Yeah and I just think trading all that when the eagles are rebuilding is a bad idea. Going out and getting a top 5 QB isnít gonna solve this team. The eagles still gotta get younger or they will be a team with an elite QB and not much else around him on either side of the ball and as discussed earlier, thatís not gonna cut it in the NFL. The next two drafts would be gone too. Iíd just much rather see what hurts can do and then reevaluate the QB spot maybe mid season.

    And yeah I agree, I can definitely see howie going for this but I just donít think thatís necessarily the right move. Top 5 QBs still need help and he wouldnít have much help with our aging players and depleted draft picks for the next two years.

  4. #2749
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,920
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Im not sure why Houston would want Cox. Not that the players I mentioned are more talented but I doubt theyíd want a 30 year old Cox back.

    I could see them wanting Sweat or an OL. Eagles really donít have pieces worth grabbing on the defense for a team like Houston.
    I love fletch but honestly heís already in decline. It might actually benefit the eagles to get out of his contract at this point.

  5. #2750
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,920
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Nelson, slay and Maddox is a good top 3 CBs. Maddox was terrible on the outside but heís a stud at nickel

    They have a solid secondary now
    I think itíll be average at worst under Gannon but considering secondary was one of the biggest issues for years thatís a huge upgrade in my opinion

  6. #2751
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,920
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Nope and I wrote it out exactly the way I did because I figured youíd comment.

    Watson is easily a top 5 QB so having a top 5 cap hit going forward isnít as bad as having a QB I believe to be closer to 10th best making top 5 cap.

    I did also say that given how Iím not confident with the Eagles defense, Iím not sure how they could build around Watson. Eagles have decent, young, cheap talent on offense so Iím not too worried there if they land Watson. Ironically, if the Eagles acquired Watson theyíd be in a similar situation as Dallas, however with a better QB.

    Heís also already signed through 2026 I believe so not sure your point of wanting to be paid the highest.

    His looming suspension and the age and uncertainty of the defense would be a reason I wouldnít want Watson. Iíd be happy getting Watson but because of the above and the fact he is such a large cap hit, Iíd be worried nothing would come from it.
    Yep, agreed with this. I mentioned this before but you pay top5 QBs. Watson is definitely a top5 QB even if heís a little perv off the field. Dak is probably around the 8th-12th best QB getting paid top3 QB money. Not a great allocation of the cap.

    But yeah the defense would be my main concern trading for Watson. It would be hard to get better on that side of the ball going forward after a ginormous trade like this. Also good point, the eagles would essentially be Dallas with a better QB. Iím not a fan of that idea.

  7. #2752
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    43,779
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I love fletch but honestly heís already in decline. It might actually benefit the eagles to get out of his contract at this point.
    Oh I wouldnít mind and wasnít saying they wouldnít want him because I wanted to keep him. I just donít bunk theyíd want an aging DL. Heís still good but itís probably benefit the Eagles getting his money off the books. Just donít think Houston would buy that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  8. #2753
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    43,779
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Yep, agreed with this. I mentioned this before but you pay top5 QBs. Watson is definitely a top5 QB even if heís a little perv off the field. Dak is probably around the 8th-12th best QB getting paid top3 QB money. Not a great allocation of the cap.

    But yeah the defense would be my main concern trading for Watson. It would be hard to get better on that side of the ball going forward after a ginormous trade like this. Also good point, the eagles would essentially be Dallas with a better QB. Iím not a fan of that idea.
    Yup. Paying a top 5QB (itís possible Watson is even higher) top 3 money is justifiable. Paying a top 8 (at best) top 3 money is harder to justify.

    Again, being that the Eagles D is aging and overall isnít that good, Iím not sure going all out for Watson is the best idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  9. #2754
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,920
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Oh I wouldnít mind and wasnít saying they wouldnít want him because I wanted to keep him. I just donít bunk theyíd want an aging DL. Heís still good but itís probably benefit the Eagles getting his money off the books. Just donít think Houston would buy that.
    Yeah Houston probably wouldnít want him. Theyíd probably prefer sweat or Barnett at this point considering their age and contract situation.

    Hereís a few names that might interest Houston, Andre Dillard and Jalen hurts (who you both mentioned) and Isaac seamalo. I think mailata will win LT anyway and Iím also high on Landon dickersons potential (just has some injury concerns). I bet Dickerson could start at LG right away and if kelce gets hurt and/or retires next year herbig could move to LG and Dickerson could move to his more natural role at C.

  10. #2755
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,920
    I expect the eagles to go pretty heavy on defense in the 2022 draft if the picks arenít used on a QB.

  11. #2756
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    25,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Trevon Diggs potential All Pro


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He stinks. He had one good game when Wentz thought Diggs was an Eagles WR.

  12. #2757
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,115
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Yup. Paying a top 5QB (itís possible Watson is even higher) top 3 money is justifiable. Paying a top 8 (at best) top 3 money is harder to justify.

    Again, being that the Eagles D is aging and overall isnít that good, Iím not sure going all out for Watson is the best idea.
    Granted Watson is rated higher youíre still giving up three firsts plus and plus. Seems like you might prefer the cowboys model over the WFTs.
    No two situations are the same but Iím surprised your not against this idea and pushing hard for a defensive draft next year.

  13. #2758
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    13,252
    Football Team just signed Jonathan Allen to a 4 year $72mil extension
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  14. #2759
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    43,779
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Granted Watson is rated higher youíre still giving up three firsts plus and plus. Seems like you might prefer the cowboys model over the WFTs.
    No two situations are the same but Iím surprised your not against this idea and pushing hard for a defensive draft next year.
    I just said Iím not sure going for Watson is the best idea. Literally in the post you quoted.

    Considering Watson could be argued as the top QB in the game (probably not but could argue considering age) and Dak could be argued as probably no higher than 6th best id say leeway is given more towards Watson.

    I agree with the asset give up though. But again, 2 of the 1sts were acquired by essentially dead weight. If they wind up giving up less than that (as others seem to mention) it may be worth it.

    I donít love this idea because I do think they should build their defense up first. They probably wonít go far once Watson is making that 40+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  15. #2760
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    43,779
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Football Team just signed Jonathan Allen to a 4 year $72mil extension
    Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •