Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 75 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1691
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    But a lot of his value comes because of his rookie contract in my opinion. The fact that itís almost up means his value is lower. OTC values him at about $12mill per year which is higher than what they valued galloday at (before he got 18mill per year). I just donít think a team would be willing to give up a 2nd for him AND overpay to keep him as well.
    For a rebuilding team I absolutely agree. A trade for Gallup only really makes sense for a contending team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    But a lot of his value comes because of his rookie contract in my opinion. The fact that itís almost up means his value is lower. OTC values him at about $12mill per year which is higher than what they valued galloday at (before he got 18mill per year). I just donít think a team would be willing to give up a 2nd for him AND overpay to keep him as well.
    They donít necessarily have to keep him. Think of a team like packers who could trade a late second round pick and then get the third round comp pick.
    They get a cheap threat to help Rodgers out and still get something back down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yeah, as Mr.B said above I was thinking of some WR needy teams at the end of the first round like GB, KC, etc. They could get a controllable WR with their pick but there is no guarantee that they will produce in the NFL and these teams are still in Super Bowl or bust mode. So I could see them ponying up for a really good WR like Gallup who would really impact both offenses. A second is the most likely scenario for Gallup though.

Waiting means we get to use Gallup's services for another year which will be much better than what a 3rd round pick could provide us this year. So waiting would absolutely make sense. If they traded Gallup for a third that'd be crazy. Especially because we could still decide to move on from Cooper and keep Gallup for whatever reason (maybe Cooper suffers injury, become ineffective, etc.). It leaves options open with minimal cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Cowboys wonít be in a position to sign big free agents. They really value their comp picks.
    Having Gallup play an entire year and getting that production is worth the delay of a third.
    I mean...if thereís a player there you like as a team and get a replacement that might be better suited for a role (slot/TE) then itís 100% worth it.

2021 NFCE Offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    They donít necessarily have to keep him. Think of a team like packers who could trade a late second round pick and then get the third round comp pick.
    They get a cheap threat to help Rodgers out and still get something back down the road.
    Yeah thatís true. I just donít know if I believe a team would trade a 2021 2nd for one guaranteed year of Gallup. Even if this is their thought process though, the recouped pick wouldnít be till 2023 which is quite a ways off.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    daniel snyder
    Nice.

With Carolina trading for Darnold this may hurt the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles.

Carolina will likely draft Pitts ( if he is there ), a corner or OLine. I can also see them drafting a receiver.

2021 NFCE Offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    With Carolina trading for Darnold this may hurt the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles.

Carolina will likely draft Pitts ( if he is there ), a corner or OLine. I can also see them drafting a receiver.
    I heard that Carolina is now likely looking at Slater (or Sewell if he drops) to help protect the investment they just made at QB.

Thatís cool though because I will gladly take whichever player they donít select.

WR needy team with a lot of picks . I actually thought the Eagles should have tried trading for Gallup before they had all these picks . Not sure if he will ever be a elite WR1 but heís a highlight real waiting to happen . Iíd say heís at his best with the 50/50 balls .

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    WR needy team with a lot of picks . I actually thought the Eagles should have tried trading for Gallup before they had all these picks . Not sure if he will ever be a elite WR1 but heís a highlight real waiting to happen . Iíd say heís at his best with the 50/50 balls .
    Yea I donít think heís a true #1 WR. I see him more as a 2, but a 2 that is going to make a lot of big plays.

You think the Cowboys would trade Gallup to the Eagles?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    No chance in hell.

Depends on what they offer . Eagles are not exactly a threat to win the division right now . Gallup is a good player but they need a lot more then him .. lol..

Eagles might even need a QB on top of everything else . We just donít know . However they may be the one team with the power to trade for Wilson if they wanted . Then I would not trade Gallup to them .. lol

Eagles might even need a QB on top of everything else . We just donít know . However they may be the one team with the power to trade for Wilson if they wanted . Then I would not trade Gallup to them .. lol
    All 4 nfce teams have qb question marks.

NO

Page 75 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast